PDA

View Full Version : Silencing

HOODY
17-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Has anyone got an Apexi ATS (Active Tail Silencer) fitted or knows where to buy one in the UK?

Trying to locate one that fits a 4" pipe

Thanx in advance

Hoody

qball
18-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Is that the silencer with a spring on it?

HOODY
21-12-2009, 11:46 AM
yeah, havent seen one yet, only you tube, like the idea, as driving round nice n quiet with the kids on board and wife not complaining the exhaust gives her a headache..lol , and when im on my own and want to blow the cobwebs out it will still roar like it should.
Just not sure which one to get or if anyone has tried and tested one.

Need one to fit a 4" pipe

funkstardelux
21-12-2009, 12:22 PM
here's a link the price is the same roughly on ebay..non in the uk seem to sell it
115mm i think u need..but don't quote me
http://www.nengun.com/apexi/active-tail-silencer

gareth001
21-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Are ear plugs not cheaper? :rolleyes3

pitslayer
21-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Or look out for a Ralliart backbox as it has a butterfly valve in it and opens up at a certain pressure, quite hard to get hold of the genuine article though, as some cars are sold with a "ralliart" exhaust but usually just aftermarket, Ralliart one has Ralliart on it, and does sound very good

HOODY
06-01-2010, 11:34 PM
here's a link the price is the same roughly on ebay..non in the uk seem to sell it
115mm i think u need..but don't quote me
http://www.nengun.com/apexi/active-tail-silencer
The Negun site is awesome, definatly a drooling site.. not sure where the village of fuk-u-oka is tho, north west of yorkshire?

115mm, wondering if that would fit a 4" pipe...

Im debating now if to even change the whole rear box now, the tone is sooooooo low it is really too overwhelming, not really a sound its more like a low bassy drone, the tanabe box is quite expensive tho... the only other option is to take out the cat after the mot in feb and replace it with a straight thru silencer, that way I wont have to muffle the end of the pipe with the insert and still get to change the exhaust note... just an idea im pondering over...