PDA

View Full Version : Google images

kiteman
22-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I know this is old hat, but I've just discovered tons of them on google images. Who can tell me what this is.
I've looked at it after uploading and it works perfectly.
Now after 30 min. of looking at them i'm going to bed wonky-eyed. I said "wonky"

pedro
22-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Think its a flower or a propeller.
Try crossing your eyes, then slowly streighten your vision.
somewhere in between being crosseyed and focused, you should see the picture. Works for me....

Davezj
22-12-2009, 01:30 AM
it is the propellor of a single engined plane, like a spitfire from the head on view.

i love these things. i often try and guess what they are before properly looking at them boss eyed. but never been able to get it, there seem to be be no rhym or reason to the picture when you look at the make op of the picture, but they work great.

Ryan
22-12-2009, 01:56 AM
I've still never been able to see these.

chrisvr4
22-12-2009, 09:41 AM
It sure does look like a propellor.

I bought a couple of these thingys off a market stall in wales a long time ago, one was outer space the other under the sea.

Pretty cool! :)

Atik
22-12-2009, 10:39 AM
There is a pattern to seeing these before crossing your eyes. Though most are WAY more difficult than this one. I saw this one before I crossed my eyes and thought it was a radioactive hazard sign which is fairly close to a propeller.

The way to see it is being able to cross your eyes to a point where the pattern on the image begins to overlap and sit directly over each other.

Example, imagine the pattern is like so:

ABCDEFDEFGHI

You cross your eyes until the 'DEF' are both sitting over each other. Hold focus there and your eyes will relax and let you see the hidden pattern. It helps to move your view point slightly bringing the effect to real 3D like.

kiteman
22-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I've still never been able to see these.
Follow the guys instructions Ryan, It'll be well worth it.

Turbo_Steve
22-12-2009, 12:56 PM
I can't do them either. And, in fact, the guys who released these originally did say that they factor around 15% of people simply cannot do them for some reason.

funkstardelux
22-12-2009, 12:57 PM
me neither..an ex of mine could and always rubbed it in i couldn't...hence the ex..haha

Roberto
22-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm another one who's brain is not wired to see these, never could.

Atik
22-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok, lets see if I can help. For many years I could never see these patterns, but one day it just clicked and I saw them, so I know it can happen. Once it does, you will be amazed.

Take a look at my attached edited version. Note the two circles, yellow and red. What you want to do is focus on the centre of the image, but cross your eyes so that you effectively get THREE circles. Yellow on the left, yellow/red in the middle and red on the right. Do not focus on the circle, but keep your gaze at the centre of the image and let your eyes relax in the cross-eyed position.

You should then see the outline of a 5 blade propeller shape. The second edited image shows where the outline should be seen. You are effectively pushing the two 'halves' of the propeller closer together to make a full propeller shape. As a guide, look to make a perfect circle for the centre of the propeller thats where the pattern is centred.

kiteman
22-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Very well explained Atik, I feel sorry for anyone who cant see them.

MarkSanne
22-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Atik! For the very first time I have been able to see these 3D images! COOL! It keeps being tough for me to get the correct 'focus' but with your tips and some practice it works!

Atik
22-12-2009, 02:34 PM
It is cool, isnt it :)

MarkSanne
22-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Very cool! What's the name for these kind of pictures? I'm seaching or '3D' but only occasionally one pops op. There must be some specific name. Now that I can see I want MORE!!! :)

Atik
22-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Stereograms. There should be hundreds of results :)

Turbo_Steve
22-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Er....thanks for Trying Atik. I've just had to go and throw up! :(

Atik
22-12-2009, 03:24 PM
LOL - I've just used my little guide on a colleague and he has also managed to see it for the first time. They are very good, but I totally appreciate that some people cant see them.

Davezj
22-12-2009, 04:13 PM
i am amazed that these pictures work when you rescale them with the zoom tool bottom left of internet window.

they are much easier to see when they are lager pictures.

it also helps if you were a world class day dreamer as a kid.

kiteman
22-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Heres afew more to keep some people occupied.
I suggest you enlarge them to full screen size for best effect.

Atik
22-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Is the animal one supposed to just give a 3d effect on the animals? I did not see any hidden image in it like the others. The browny/green one was pretty good.

AlanDITD
22-12-2009, 09:46 PM
i stil cant see these damn things, never got one yet.

ANTHONY
22-12-2009, 10:06 PM
so nobody saw the monkey?

RobboVR4
22-12-2009, 10:07 PM
They do take abit of getting used to b4 you can see the hidden image. Try staring at the text on the screen near the image until it goes out of focus, hope this helps.

AlanDITD
22-12-2009, 10:12 PM
They do take abit of getting used to b4 you can see the hidden image. Try staring at the text on the screen near the image until it goes out of focus, hope this helps.

yeha my eyes just start to hurt before that happens lol

kiteman
22-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Is the animal one supposed to just give a 3d effect on the animals? I did not see any hidden image in it like the others. The browny/green one was pretty good.
From what I can see, the animals are suspended in space, and in 3d.

kiteman
22-12-2009, 10:26 PM
so nobody saw the monkey?

You want to share with us where the monkey is ??????

RobboVR4
22-12-2009, 10:30 PM
yeha my eyes just start to hurt before that happens lol

You maybee trying too hard if their hurting. It is frustrating but once uve got them they really easy to see.

ex-derv
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Very cool! What's the name for these kind of pictures? I'm seaching or '3D' but only occasionally one pops op. There must be some specific name. Now that I can see I want MORE!!! :)
try searching for 'magic eye' - if my slightly fuzzy memories of being a student serve me right