PDA

View Full Version : School of F1 2010

westy
23-12-2009, 09:58 PM
so now we have the prospect of the best season in years!!!!!!!!!!!... we have jenson,lewis,sebastian,nico,,fernando and some old german bloke on the grid,let the battle commence

KiwiTT
23-12-2009, 10:03 PM
some old german bloke on the gridJust the best F1 driver the world has ever seen, who credits his team as well, for what he had achieved. i.e. not arrogant. He's not perfect and has made mistakes, but who hasn't.

Davezj
23-12-2009, 10:04 PM
so now we have the prospect of the best season in years!!!!!!!!!!!... we have jenson,lewis,sebastian,nico,,fernando and some old german bloke on the grid,let the battle commence

it is going to be one of the best seasons for a long time, well the last 2 have been pretty good.

i am really looking forward to the next year.

i am hoping to arange a pub visit,(north west meet) club based to watch the grand prix's in to make it a bit more special. have to find a pub that will show it.

westy
23-12-2009, 10:16 PM
best driver,not arrogant? remember him taking damon out. jaques out to win championships he sportingly couldnt?trying to take mika out too? lets see

KiwiTT
23-12-2009, 10:20 PM
As I said ...
He's not perfect and has made mistakes, but who hasn't.

westy
23-12-2009, 10:26 PM
nigel.damon,jenson,jaques,lewis havent felt the need to crash into other opponents to win

Nutter_John
23-12-2009, 10:30 PM
nigel.damon,jenson,jaques,lewis havent felt the need to crash into other opponents to win

And hasn;t formula one been more the worse for them not doing so

MS just did what he felt he needed to do to win , and sometimes the line is crossed , but I do believe he is the best driver in F1 ever (you can say senna was but unfortunatly he did not have the chance to fullfill the true potential he had )

Who could / can drive as well as MS in the wet ?

I think this will be good for F1 and I hope he does run some people off the track in his push for number 8 :D

chrisvr4
23-12-2009, 10:36 PM
im a huge fan of shumacher and cant wait for the new season to begin !

its going to be a good one ! :bananadan

westy
23-12-2009, 10:36 PM
seb , lewis and jenson aint bad in the wet now is their chance to race against shuey

I-S
23-12-2009, 10:40 PM
....damon,... havent felt the need to crash into other opponents to win

Rubbish.

You forget Silverstone 1995? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqfSM3R3smo&feature=PlayList&p=4A163138FB951B96&playnext=0

Damon was not whiter than white - none of them are or ever have been. Schumacher's race management, team building and driving ability are, however, clearly above the rest. The question now is simply whether he still has it.

chrisvr4
23-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe they could learn something off shuey in how to drive in the wet lol :P

seb , lewis and jenson aint bad in the wet now is their chance to race against shuey

westy
23-12-2009, 10:47 PM
oh yeah the wet weather, he didnt see david in the wet,did he

Ryan
23-12-2009, 11:42 PM
... but I do believe he is the best driver in F1 ever (you can say senna was but unfortunatly he did not have the chance to fullfill the true potential he had )

If I'm not mistaken, Schumacher was also leading the championship at the time of Senna's death having won the first two races of 1994.

Nutter_John
23-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah I'm sure your correct there Ryan and I think it would have been a fantastic season between Senna and MS but alas that debate will never ever be answered with anything other than conjecture

Ryan
23-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah I'm sure your correct there Ryan and I think it would have been a fantastic season between Senna and MS but alas that debate will never ever be answered with anything other than conjecture

Sadly this is true /yes

chris g
23-12-2009, 11:59 PM
And so Brawn go from the most loved team in UK during 2009 to the most hated in 2010...?

Nutter_John
24-12-2009, 12:01 AM
And so Brawn go from the most loved team in UK during 2009 to the most hated in 2010...?

Sorry but there is no Brawn team anymore , just Team Mercedes :P

Ryan
24-12-2009, 12:10 AM
I wonder why M Schu has decided to return? Bored? Sick of wife and kids?

Or maybe he's going to pull a Fangio and enter F1 at an age where most drivers would have retired and then bust out another 5 championships? :lipseal

chris g
24-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Exactly...

From heroes to german team with german drivers and the champion who drove others off the track to win...

KiwiTT
24-12-2009, 12:56 AM
I think Brawn and Shumacher will be a formible combination.

Hmmm ... I may be encouraged to put a "Mercedes" on my future replacement radar. Tempting ...
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/MercedesBenz/auction-259829978.htm

Spirit
24-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Have done a list of teams/drivers here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45213

KiwiTT
24-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks Pete.

psbarham
24-12-2009, 08:48 AM
oh yeah the wet weather, he didnt see david in the wet,did he

he's a racing driver, not some sort of superhero.

as for knocking off opponents, well that's racing, and unfortunately it became more noticeable and prominent after some Brazilian bloke made an appearance, after then everyone thought it was more acceptable to be more obvious about it

chris g
24-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Racing accidents is one thing but 'knocking off opponents' is NOT racing...

And for me that brazilian bloke has questionable greatness as well...

Maybe it's just me but greatness goes with what you win and how you do it NOT victory at any cost...

If records and history of racing is reviewed I do not think that you will find much detail, if any, of drivers deliberately knocking oppenents off the track.

So I do not think it was done furtively and then became ok to be more obvious when Senna started it...

...but if you can find such details then I would be interested to hear of it...

HJM
24-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't tell me Chris - a Damon Hill fan ???
Oh bless DH - just shows the old boys can do it.

Had to laugh at one of the earlier comments - Schuey not arrogant !!!

I'm an ex Schuey fan and one of the things that made him great was his massive arrogance not to recognise any driver as being as good as him.

So if they got close - whack !!! He was the best - statistical fact :)

Now I know why Chris tried picking a fight with the Ring 'locals' Easter 2008 !

H

chris g
24-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Statistics...pah!

Not DH fan, just fan of fair racing...

And me, pick a fight...

Well an argument maybe...

Spirit
24-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Hahaha, good to see Schuey is already having an effect and not even sat in the seat of a 2010 car yet :2thumbsup /toycar

HJM
24-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Hahaha, good to see Schuey is already having an effect and not even sat in the seat of a 2010 car yet :2thumbsup /toycar

LOL - you wanna be in our house - I am NOT a fan of the robot - makes discussions interesting :D

Bring on the 2010 season - can't wait!

Jx

chris g
24-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Well yes he is the biggest tw*t in F1

And when Germany voted for its favourite/greatest sports star when he was winning, the country voted for someone else...

WildCards
24-12-2009, 11:54 AM
It's certainly going to give the likes of Button, Lewis, Vettel and the other arrogant tosser a run for their money though isn't it? Can only be a good thing in my book.

To answer Ryans question above, I suspect it's money and perhaps a modicum of patriotic pride and some more money that has swayed him into another drivers seat.

chris g
24-12-2009, 12:22 PM
...and Mercedes want a chance of winning now they that have bought a team and lost the world champion...

...and McLaren are most improved team with most recent world champions to drive the car...

miller
24-12-2009, 12:29 PM
BTCC and WTCC for all the proper racing guys!

Rubbing is racing!

Ryan
24-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe it's just me but greatness goes with what you win

Michael Schucmacher won 7 titles - that's pretty great.

and how you do it NOT victory at any cost...

How did he do it? He did it repeatedly? Seven times... Hill, Villeneuve... they all could have chosen to stick around and demonstrate "how to do it" but... they didn't.

That's why are they included in the cabinet of "also rans".

chris g
24-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Winning for me is NOT about cheating but how you win

..so numbers are not the measure of the man

If people want to see him that way thats ok for them

But for me - good driver but seriously flawed...

Ryan
24-12-2009, 01:00 PM
For me, Hill was a "good" driver but seriously flawed. He was an "honest" racer but simply... didn't win enough :laugh:

chris g
24-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Hill, Villeneuve, Clark, Hawthorn, Fangio...

name who you want, emphasise numbers...

it matters not at all

They were different men...

Champions who won in a different way...

HJM
24-12-2009, 02:37 PM
And you won't get another gentleman racer again in F1 - too much at stake since the James Hunt era.

They don't make the cars in sheds any more Chris ! :)

H

chris g
24-12-2009, 02:41 PM
And that's who Enzo hated, the garagista, men who raced cars built in garages...

Oh for simpler times and better people..

Better not keep posting, this topic polarises peoples opinions about greatness, the superficial nature of it focussed on numbers...

Gone are the days, as you say H, where a team member gives up his car so a colleague can drive to the end of the race for sufficient points for the championship...

miller
24-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Just too much fannying around these days in F1, you will see better racing at your local stock car circuit IMHO

MPBVr4
24-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Just too much fannying around these days in F1, you will see better racing at your local stock car circuit IMHO

I agree. Might be better this year though. I've been following BTCC for the last couple of years. Much more considerate drivers:shocked:

Fandango
24-12-2009, 08:57 PM
There are three other F1 drivers champions lining up alongside He who must be worshipped. (you guessed it, I do not).

Watch out for the ever hard charging Hamilton and Alonso.

My money would be on Alonso to pick up another title, if the odds were not so crap. As it is I think I will have a punt on Webber.

Ryan
24-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Hill, Villeneuve, Clark, Hawthorn, Fangio...

name who you want, emphasise numbers...

it matters not at all

They were different men...

Champions who won in a different way...

Oh please. What a crock... They all won exactly the same way, by driving a car across the finish line.

westy
25-12-2009, 12:19 AM
well in 2010 there is no refuelling so on that score its a level field and none of the drivers or on grid champions have too, so multi or single champions are in the same position as all the other drivers