PDA

View Full Version : Price?

mesobitchy
28-12-2009, 09:20 PM
This is by no means any suggestion that will be selling up.
But it is something i have been considering due to an extremely personal situation.

this is just one of them rough price range questions.

Now considering i got the car for peanuts due to it being fecked.
and the work gone into it to sort it out, such as the gear box bearings, all belts, new track rod ends (or what ever they are called).
Now of course i know i will never make the money back on any of the mods that go with the car.
but if i was to sell, it will be going to my sister as her and her boyfriend need a large car.

ok, it has roughly 171k on the clock (thats adding on that 30k differance)
with all the corrections it needed,
and its a V6 with all the gubbins such as full cream electric leather seats, heated wing mirrors, cruise controll, climate controll and electric windows all round.
tax for 12 months and 12 months test.
yes the rear arches do need doing, and it is something i will (might) have done before it goes (if i decided to sell up)

i have no idea what sort of price to ask for it, so im making this post in "hope" that someone might be able to help give a rough guide to the sort of price i should be looking at.

I'v looked on autotrader, pistonheads and ebay, but the prices are a fair amount different i just dont know what to think.

thanks.

WildCards
28-12-2009, 10:01 PM
171k is alot of miles, regardless whether the car is wearing them well or not.

£1200?

Turbo_Steve
28-12-2009, 10:35 PM
hmm..yeah, the price is, unfortunately, decided by what people are willing to pay.

aboo
28-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I sold my W reg V6 sport saloon this time last year for £750.

It had just had a new gearbox fitted & the paint work had a few issues but that is all that was wrong with it.

IMO what the prices the VR4s are going for I would say 1K max.

mesobitchy
29-12-2009, 12:05 AM
@ steve, i know the price between buyer and seller is what ever both are happy with, but its getting a rough area to start at.

but like i said, its something iv not 100% decided on if i do want to sell.

Turbo_Steve
29-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Good Luck with it, Maz.
I'm not sure I'd bother chopping it in? It seems immensely practical, at least to me: it's got a known-good history, plenty of toys fitted, you like driving it, it's pretty quick and it's not stupendously expensive to run, as well as having loads of space and reasonably handling.

mesobitchy
30-12-2009, 01:33 AM
it is a very good car, a lot of work has gone into fixing it and making it like it should it will carry on being looked after until i decide to sell it.

but reasons are deep as to why, some members on here know why and what's happened, and can agree with me on my reason to sell up, if i decide to do so.

Turbo_Steve
30-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I'd say put practicality ahead of all else: in two months you won't feel the same if you keep it. But if you sell it, your bank balance might take a year to recover! :)