PDA

View Full Version : AYC working when it chooses to...

unclepete
31-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Everything else works fine so I'm confused. It had stopped working almost 100% of the time but not it works quite often. Fluid was changed pretty recently (which I suspect has made it work now and again!).

Any ideas? Sounds like something stupid such as a switch or something.

Nick Mann
31-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Almost certainly your last sentence.

Often the pump deteriorates slightly, meaning that the pressure required to switch the pump is not quite attained. So your red AYC light comes on and the system stops working. With new oil/colder temperatures, the pump might be closer to achieving the right pressure - meaning a working system again. I'll bet over the next 6 months it will get much worse as the pump deteriorates a bit more and the temperatures get higher.

Dom B
31-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Is it not mechanically working or does the dash ayc light come on showing an electronic issue such as a pressure switch shutting it down. I recently refurbed my pump and the thing that made the most difference after curing the leaks was doing a proper bleed of the hydraulic circuit. Before there wasn't enough pressure to push the clutch pack and you would go into a corner and press the throttle and the car went straight on, not it works well. The thing was pumping a lot of air before. have you changed both the clutch pack oil and the hydraulic circuit oil from their separate respective drain holes?

My tip, to bleed the system is forget about running the car in gear on axle stands, it doesn't work properly, spend s few minutes making the loom to plug into the ayc ecu and it's a doddle and works fantastically.

bradc
02-01-2010, 07:03 AM
How exactly is it not working?

ersanalamin
28-05-2011, 03:18 PM
BTW, My AYC also not working, but there is no error code come out when the engine scanner used. Friend of mine told me that AYC is only working if we only use the OEM galant rim onboard. I use 17 inch aftermarket rim hence the ayc not working. is that correct?

Nick Mann
28-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Wheels make no difference, providing all your tyres are the same. Scanners are notoriously bad at getting codes, use the paper clip method as found in the library.

Subaru ETA
28-05-2011, 09:58 PM
BTW, My AYC also not working, but there is no error code came out when the engine scanner used. Friend of mine told me that AYC is only working if we only use the OEM galant rim onboard. I use 17 inch aftermarket rim hence the ayc not working. is that correct?

Your friend is talking rubbish :p

ersanalamin
29-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Your friend is talking rubbish :p

How rudee :P, but i am glad he told me rubbish :D

ersanalamin
29-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Wheels make no difference, providing all your tyres are the same. Scanners are notoriously bad at getting codes, use the paper clip method as found in the library.

OK, will check it out, perhaps you can source me a direct link?

chris g
29-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Wheels as a cause from your friend is rubbish but it may mean your AYC pump has died!

You may wish that he had not been saying so much rubbish...

ersanalamin
30-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Wheels as a cause from your friend is rubbish but it may mean your AYC pump has died!

You may wish that he had not been saying so much rubbish...

I dont know, i never get into deep with AYC before, so i havent got the chemistry. Right now I am concentrating with the wheel and wheel support. I am not done with vr4 rebuilding yet. but i have to know the fact about the AYC first.