PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Rear strut brace, front anti roll bar

pbaron
31-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Looking for a few bits for one of my Legnums, after a rear strut brace and uprated front anti roll bar.

Let me know what you have for how much, need it in Wellington.

Cheers
Pierre

VR4WGN
01-01-2010, 04:55 AM
performnce shops have stock

pbaron
01-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Thought I would ask on here first before looking to buy new, if you want to be helpful how about letting us know who has them in stock and how much.

performnce shops have stock

VR4WGN
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Searching.... um there was 1 used 1 that went on Trademe tha ti lost to Sodje(bastard lol),i wanna make some but need 1 to smple from ey..,as for the front Anti Roll Br i think a Cusco 1 is about $300 new imported.. um Under Car Strut Braces i have 1 wich im also making some of for myself but am happy to make some for others if they want
~Q~

CANDEE
02-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Pierre,

Have a chat to Mac @ 41.co.nz (http://www.fortyone.co.nz/contact.php), he can get all the Cusco stuff, including swaybars and rear strut-braces. :)

And his service is excellent as well..

J

scott.mohekey
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
There was a guy on ozvr4.com that made some rear strut braces. He might be up to doing another run.

karlous54
06-01-2010, 09:47 PM
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4844&highlight=swaybars

Been looking at getting a set of these, was going to ask repco if they can get them in or email the company direct.

or

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4024&highlight=anti+roll

pbaron
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
These were the ones in the ClubVR-4 group buy that has just been shipped, I looked at the time and thought nah I don't need them, but now I wished I had taken part in the GB.

I got in touch with Selbys to see what they can do but they only build to order so it is full price of $250 Aus each plus $140 Aus each for shipping to NZ.

If you get in touch with Repco I may be keen on a set dependant on price.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4844&highlight=swaybars

Been looking at getting a set of these, was going to ask repco if they can get them in or email the company direct.

or

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4024&highlight=anti+roll

karlous54
07-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Ill have a chat with the repco guys, seems pretty high for shipping per unit though. Maybe we could sort some sort of group buy for us kiwi's.

On another note sore your super up at pick a part a couple of weeks ago, does it have leather interior ?

CANDEE
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Ill have a chat with the repco guys, seems pretty high for shipping per unit though. Maybe we could sort some sort of group buy for us kiwi's.

On another note sore your super up at pick a part a couple of weeks ago, does it have leather interior ?
Good luck with Repco being able to get them Karl, but I might be proved wrong.. lol

That would be Pierre's Super...:rifle:

karlous54
07-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Good luck with Repco being able to get them Karl, but I might be proved wrong.. lol

That would be Pierre's Super...:rifle:

hahaha your right again jeremy, repco didnt want to know about it. hmmmm where to go from here?

pbaron
07-01-2010, 03:07 AM
I doubt there will be enough interest to get any reasonable sort of discount from Selbys, from the just finished GB I think they needed at least 10 set to offer a discount, there were only 2 NZ takers and that was after 3 months of trying to get people interested.

Yep I took the red fleck seats out of the super and fitted black leather, it had an oddball recaro passenger seat in it when I got it so put in the leather to tidy it up.

hahaha your right again jeremy, repco didnt want to know about it. hmmmm where to go from here?

karlous54
07-01-2010, 03:51 AM
I was more thinking about the freight? $140 per bar!

Looked good, i had to have a nosey when i sore the brembo's on it.

pbaron
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I just been back on the Selbys site and added 2 front and 2 rear bars to the shopping cart. The freight for 4 bars was $350 Aus.

Total for the 4 bars shipped to Wellington is $1,350 Aus which is around $1,700 NZ. At this price we would also be hit for GST so that would take it up to around $1,900 which is a bit over the top.

Michael at Fortyone Automotive said he could get a Cusco front bar for me for around $399 which looks good compared to the Selby prices. I have ordered a Cusco rear strut brace from him.

I was more thinking about the freight? $140 per bar!

karlous54
09-01-2010, 08:18 AM
would be cheaper to head over to aus for the weekend, pick them up and bring them back.
Been looking at the cusco ones aswell, do they have different settings or do you buy them with one setting ?

CANDEE
09-01-2010, 08:31 AM
would be cheaper to head over to aus for the weekend, pick them up and bring them back.
Been looking at the cusco ones aswell, do they have different settings or do you buy them with one setting ?
Karl,

The Cusco ones are thinner(24mm (f)/22mm(r)), and only have one setting on them..

The Shelby ones are 27mm (f) and 24mm (r) and have two settings....

After looking on the Cusco website, they arent listed anymore for some reason...

Edit - looking at RHD Japan, they are $336 per bar including shipping to NZ...

karlous54
09-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Is shelby in sydney?

peter thomson
09-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Is shelby in sydney?

Selbys are in Minto NSW

VR4WGN
09-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Pierre have you orderd strut brace for rear have you??
and is there going to be a group buy on sway bars or not?
~Q~

pbaron
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes I have ordered a new strut brace for the rear, not expecting it for a few weeks though.
No group buy on the sway bars, I am kicking myself that I did not get in on the one just finished.

Pierre have you orderd strut brace for rear have you??
and is there going to be a group buy on sway bars or not?
~Q~

VR4WGN
09-01-2010, 09:21 PM
there was one???? news to me lol.. um whats the chances of getting mesurements off yours when it arrives?

CANDEE
10-01-2010, 06:18 AM
there was one???? news to me lol.. um whats the chances of getting mesurements off yours when it arrives?
Yes there was... Both here and OzVR4.....