PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart Logo Number Plates

giblet
01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
My car came with number plates that have a ralliart logo below the registration. The other day I noticed that somehow I am now missing a chunk from the front numberplate. I don't think it was caused by any speed bumps or potholes or by anyone reversing into me so im guessing some chav has kicked it.

I have had a look around online for similar sized plates [13"x7"] but I can't seem to find anywhere that offers the same ralliart logo. Does anyone know of a place that do?

ANTHONY
01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
any descent number plate maker (not Halford) can cut and paste almost anything on to a number plate try some of the local vinyl sign manufactures

Wodjno
01-01-2010, 05:00 PM
any descent number plate maker (not Halford) can cut and paste almost anything on to a number plate try some of the local vinyl sign manufactures
But will all be illegal !

miller
01-01-2010, 05:01 PM
But will all be illegal !

Why?

If its spaced correctly and in the correct font?

Nutter_John
01-01-2010, 05:02 PM
law now is quite clear that you can only have the euro symbol on there and nothing else

miller
01-01-2010, 05:03 PM
law now is quite clear that you can only have the euro symbol on there and nothing else

eh?

what about post code and manufacturers advert?

Nutter_John
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah afair it must have the postcode , but it can not have an advert on there

The chances of being pulled are slim but as long as you have a proper plate in the boot and say oh sorry I forgot I had my show plates on ;)

Wodjno
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM

Not exactly true John..

It can also have the maker of the plates details on it.. But thats it :(

ANTHONY
01-01-2010, 05:35 PM
i think you will find that it applies to plates made before 2001 and as most of our cars are pre 2000 ..... ........................

All number plates made after 31.8.2001 must display the mandatory typeface. Number plates made prior to this date
must be substantially the same. An example of the typeface is shown below.
ABCDEFGH
JKLMNOPQ
RSTUVWXYZ.
The British Standard
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and
reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the
following information:-
1. The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
2. The name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier
3. Name and postcode of the supplying outlet)

giblet
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
The plates on there look like this (ignore the odd honeycombe layout) - http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/gib786/ralliartlogo.jpg

and from the sites I have used to mock up some new plates, heres the shortlist - http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/gib786/vr4plates.jpg

Wodjno
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
i think you will find that it applies to plates made before 2001 and as most of our cars are pre 2000 .....

What applies ?

...... Nice piece of editing /yes

But still wrong :p

valleyforge1
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
My number plate is regular size plates and the letters and numbers are the legal requirements.

It just as the" rising sun flag" where the EU flag should be and I was told this was all legal and above board as the lettering and number plate dimensions where legal.

Wodjno
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
National flags and identifiers

Motorists in England, Scotland and Wales have the option to display the Union Flag, Cross of St George, Cross of St Andrew (also known as the Saltire) or Red Dragon of Wales together with one of the following identifiers: GREAT BRITAN, Great Britain, GB, UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom, UK, CYMRU, Cymru, CYM, Cym, ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng, SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO, Sco, WALES or Wales. This must be displayed on the left hand side of the number plate. No other symbols or flags can be displayed on number plates.

Display Of Vehicle Registration Marks On Imported Vehicles
(which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if the vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval AND the vehicle's construction/design cannot accommodate standard size number plates

Characters Group 1
Height 64mm
Width 44mm
Stroke 10mm
Space between characters 10mm

Wodjno
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
i think you will find that it applies to plates made before 2001 and as most of our cars are pre 2000 ..... ........................

All number plates made after 31.8.2001 must display the mandatory typeface. Number plates made prior to this date
must be substantially the same. An example of the typeface is shown below.
ABCDEFGH
JKLMNOPQ
RSTUVWXYZ.
The British Standard
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and
reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the
following information:-
1. The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
2. The name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier
3. Name and postcode of the supplying outlet)

The main thing in your text above is !!!

Plates made !! After or before 31/08/2001 !! Not cars registered..

So even if your car is a 1996... if your plates are original or fitted before 31/08/2001 then those rules apply for pre that date.
If you replace the plates(even on a 1996 car) The rules apply for "post the above date !!

Note:

I have been pulled by the Fuzz(OOOoooerrrr Missus :p) And fined for displaying an incorrect reg plate..
The said plate had the correct sized lettering, placement, spacing, typeface, and material.
But it also had a picture of a grim reaper that was not obscuring any of the lettering..
Still received a fine :(

Rambaud
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I did not realise how draconian the Regs are, and had to a buy compliant rear plate as my new one was illegal. :(

Penalty = £1000 fine; MOT fail; and registration withdrawn!

Apparently, one of the guys here in NI had a letter through the post to change his plate or his registration would be withdrawn and car impounded.

ANTHONY
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
The main thing in your text above is !!!

Plates made !! After or before 31/08/2001 !! Not cars registered..

So even if your car is a 1996... if your plates are original or fitted before 31/08/2001 then those rules apply for pre that date.
If you replace the plates(even on a 1996 car) The rules apply for "post the above date !!

Note:

I have been pulled by the Fuzz(OOOoooerrrr Missus :p) And fined for displaying an incorrect reg plate..
The said plate had the correct sized lettering, placement, spacing, typeface, and material.
But it also had a picture of a grim reaper that was not obscuring any of the lettering..
Still received a fine :( furry muff....i stand corrected

giblet
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Ah well, standard plates it is. Now just need to find somewhere that doesnt charge an arm and a leg for 2 bits of plastic!

sonicsoundzdj
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
i use funplates.co.uk there pretty good and only 10er per plate. you can make road legal plates or novelty ones. im sure if you ask for a special requirement he could put you a ralliart logo on there. on my back plate iv got mobile discos written above the reg and my website below. I got pulled for my front plate being tiny and despite being parked behind me for a while they didn't mention anything about my back plate, so as long at its not blaitantly illigal like my front one you should be fine... unless the puppet has low quoters that month.

Nic-Nic
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.myshowplates.com/

(Good if u want show plates as well.)

got daisys plates made there (her road ones) and parents got their show plates for taz done there--- delivered in few days, and lots of logo choices for show plates.

Beastlee
12-01-2010, 08:55 PM
What about plate surrounds? Here you have no choice with yout plate as it's a pressed metal plate with very strict formatting. The way around it is a plate surround, normally sold with the car but also available afterwards. Normal UK plates fit inside them and the surround can have any kind of logo on it.
I'll try and dig out a picture, although I'm not sure many would be interested in non-import sizes :>