PDA

View Full Version : Steering/Suspension Problem

butch
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Gents

Ok while i am searching through old threads, if any one could help that would be great as it could be urgent.

The problem is when i turn the car to the right it all feels tight and like it was but when i turn to the left it seems a bit loose and seems to roll a bit more quite scary at high speed in the wet!

Im just a bit nervious to drive too far but i have a drive to Germany in 2 weeks then the car will be back in the Uk for a good looking over.

Does anyone have any suggestions? and is it safe for the next month and 2000 miles?

Thanks in advance guys and i will continue my search.

peter thomson
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
It could be a few things including a shock or spring having failed. What this will upset is the braking performance. Be very careful if you are in any situations where hard braking is required.
A broken anti roll bar mount would be another possibility. Have you had a look underneath??

hardarse
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
have you looked at your tie rod ends, cause when i changed mine i would turn left into a corner and it seemed to be light and it would seem to want to keep on turning to full lock. once i got them tracked they was ok

butch
04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi Gents
Not had time yet to get under it to check things out. I have noticed today that there is a groove in the tyre on the outer corner like the wing may touch in cornering but dont know. I put weight on the wing and it feelsthe same as the other side?

Nick Mann
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Could you take a photo of the groove? I guess you have turned the wheel lock to lock and got out to check clearances....

Also, take a photo of both front wheels with the steering wheel in the dead ahead position - comparison might show one wheel sitting in a different place to the other. This has happened before when a car has managed to distort it's lower arms.

butch
04-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks, ill get on to the pics asap. And check the other things.