PDA

View Full Version : Is this a genuine Mitsubishi part seem to be too cheap?

Davezj
06-01-2010, 02:07 AM
lower suspension arm the one that fails on the car.
i said i would buy this off the seller if they were genuine mutsi parts, but he could not prove they were genuine parts, no sticker on them, no paper work to say they are genuine parts, and the seller claims to be a mitsi main dealer.

i have to say i did not go through with the sale, it is not worth taking the risk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-LEGNUM-VR4-LWR-O-S-F-ARM-NEW_W0QQitemZ390139626332QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad622435c

ianturbo
06-01-2010, 03:23 AM
i think peter made a comment about these last week !! ,he is a mitsi dealer so buy 2 and pay post for one i think he said !! !!
ian

peter thomson
06-01-2010, 08:49 AM
The part I bought was OE and came from a dealer

GalantOnly
06-01-2010, 09:09 AM
I've bought a pair of very cheap ebay "OE" arms but there was no mitsi marks or stickers on them at all, only small white numbers on the side. Went to dealer to compare... They was 100% identical.
So it might be true...

miller
06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I bought a set of these aswell, i even spoke to the guy on the phone. The number is for the Mitsubishi Brighton parts department. Ask for Nick

Cheers

Mike

psbarham
06-01-2010, 10:45 AM
yup as above, the blokes a dealer, and very helpful, he is also well known on the MLR

confusis
06-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I've bought a pair of very cheap ebay "OE" arms but there was no mitsi marks or stickers on them at all, only small white numbers on the side. Went to dealer to compare... They was 100% identical.
So it might be true...
Visibly identical, but internally? As in same strength metal and manufacturing method?

GalantOnly
06-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Visibly identical, but internally? As in same strength metal and manufacturing method?

Ppl at stealership couldn't see the difference and after checking them out told me, that they was OE made... But if it was copies, it must be very good ones /GJ

But I can see your point /yes

miller
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
well at least it isnt the steel that has failed in the past

Davezj
07-01-2010, 01:24 AM
i said i would buy both left and right ones he had up for sale.

and apart from him saying he was a Mitsubishi main dealer, gave me no confidence or evidence that these parts are the real deal, if they are genuine parts then how can he sell them for half the price of the china copy ones. which are about £65 each and the main dealer ones are about £160 each

if it looks too good to be true, it generally is!

bradc
07-01-2010, 06:21 AM
In NZ that arm is available from Mitsi NZ for NZ$100-120. In turn, that price in pounds is about right!

psbarham
07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
i have a pair of the arms here and they have a little white mitsu part number sticker on them

miller
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
i said i would buy both left and right ones he had up for sale.

and apart from him saying he was a Mitsubishi main dealer, gave me no confidence or evidence that these parts are the real deal, if they are genuine parts then how can he sell them for half the price of the china copy ones. which are about £65 each and the main dealer ones are about £160 each

if it looks too good to be true, it generally is!

Just ring him up and speak to him, they are clearing out the old stock. Try order these arms from Chris Variava in Nottingham and they will tell you they dont stock them anymore and its a 6week order from Japan. AFAIK this is true for Derby Mitsubishi aswell. So in my book thos stacks up. Makes sense to make your warehouse space work for you as im sure with the amount of new cars since ours the space is at a premium.

Davezj
08-01-2010, 07:01 PM
it is a strong argument from a lot of people on here to say they are genuine parts, so why have these not been posted up that these are the real deal and cheap as chips. i usually keep my ear to the gound on threads about cheap parts.

has somebody been buying them up and selling them on here and making a fortune on them. or is it that no ones has bothered to pass on the good news. i might have just missed the thread discussing these parts but it does seem like quite a few people have bought them and are happy with the parts.

maybe they are genuine.

can someone put a link to the other discussion thread, just to round this off.

can a mod change the displayed thread title to match the one in the thread as i have changed it to be a bit less anti theses parts.

Beastlee
08-01-2010, 07:10 PM
As someone that is planning on a change of these I'd be very interested to find out if they are genuine. Given how many appear to have bought them before and how few miles I do each year it may be worth me buying them and keeping my ey eon the forum for failed parts :/

Nick Mann
08-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I have bought two sets of these. At that cost it seemed stupid not to. I bought them with my green username cap on, so they can sit on the shelf until required by a customer.

As far as I can tell, they are genuine parts. They are stickered with the Mitsy part numbers and have a 22mm nut on the ball joint.

peter thomson
09-01-2010, 12:57 AM
I had already mentioned them on here and pm'd 2 members about them Dave .

Davezj
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I have bought two sets of these. At that cost it seemed stupid not to. I bought them with my green username cap on, so they can sit on the shelf until required by a customer.

As far as I can tell, they are genuine parts. They are stickered with the Mitsy part numbers and have a 22mm nut on the ball joint.

i asked him if they came with mitsi sticker on them and he said they had no markings on they.

which is one of the reasons i did not buy them.

Beastlee
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm in discussions to buy these from him. I'm waiting on a combined shipping price as £8.95 each is a little steep, I can get 2 pairs of discs for less than that!

With the discount over the Camskill price I won't argue too hard as it's very cheap. Incidentally it's the last pair, please don't snaffle them.

peter thomson
11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
He only charges £8.95 for the pair in the past.

Dom B
11-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Dave just be careful the pic shows an arm with the small ball joint on the end. I literally just changed mine yesterday and the vr4 arm with the big taper balljoint on the end has a different plastic ball joint cover and a nut in a separate packet as the cover goes all the way up the threads on the oe part. It may be that he is just using a stock picture so just make sure before you buy.

I posted a pic on another thresd called wtb your old suspension arms. The pic is of several arms and it shows the difference between the big and small ball joint ends next to each other. The arm in the pic has a different part number purely as the boss half way along is drilled and tapped but the arm is the same item.

peter thomson
11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I posted a pic on another thresd called wtb your old suspension arms. The pic is of several arms and it shows the difference between the big and small ball joint ends next to each other. The arm in the pic has a different part number purely as the boss half way along is drilled and tapped but the arm is the same item.

That wasn't an 8G arm though and I posted that info in the thread

Dom B
11-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Yeah but we measured the angles and distances up and it is identical, the only difference is that our arms don't have the tapped boss used half way along the arm so our arms only have an unmachined lump there. The bushes are the same size and hardness and the taper is the same. The smaller taper pair of arms in the same pic are from a 7g. I was just using the picture in this thread to illustrate the difference between the big and small ball joint, even though they are not the ideal pic.

Beastlee
11-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Well I've ordered them. Will let you know how I get on.

Beastlee
19-01-2010, 02:28 PM
My arms arrived today. Not the best packaging, just a bubble wrap coating which has been split where the nut on the end of the ball-joint is but they are undamaged.
Haven't opened them yet as I'm at work but will get pics of them posted up later. Will fit this weekend as I don't want to chance my arm with getting to work each day again, plus I'm in Ramstein for 2 days from tomorrow.

I'm hoping this will cure my knock and the uneven wear on the front wheels but does anyone know if this is the likely source of sid knock? It only does it when turning left and going over an uneven surface. Straight on or turning right is fine even over speedbumps. If it's not I'd liek to know what to keep my eye open for.