PDA

View Full Version : Closing Threads

WildCards
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Would it be possible to implement a warning system before a thread is closed or locked?

A few times i've gone to a thread i've been interested in only to find that because one person has taken things a little too far it's been closed. Perhaps a warning on the thread by a moderator that if certain behaviour continues then the thread will be locked, sometimes a simple 'cool it down chaps' could be enough to bring the thread back on topic.

Thanks

Turbo_Steve
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Generally they are are closed because things have escalated beyond the "Calm Down" point.

At request, however, the thread COULD be split out if the original subject is worth continuing with.

mesobitchy
06-01-2010, 01:17 PM
people should have more then enough seance then to poke a thread into not getting closed,
but people are dumb, so threads get closed, it happens, live with it.

splitting a topic might work, so dose deleting the silly replays, but sometimes it is just easy to close the thread altogether.

WildCards
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes, generally, but quite a few just seem to have the door shut without any effort to mediate. It would be better for individual problem posts to be deleted, with a reason to save questions, and the thread continue aswell though.

WildCards
06-01-2010, 01:23 PM
people should have more then enough seance then to poke a thread into not getting closed,
but people are dumb, so threads get closed, it happens, live with it.

Don't be daft meso, people get hot under the collar and say things they don't mean or word things incorrectly, it's unfair to close a whole thread because a single person has been abusive.

Much as I don't appreciate being told 'it happens, live with it.' I'm not 4.

Wodjno
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I think this threads getting out of hand and there are some comments that could have been worded more maturely so as not to antagonise members or offend !

Please could a moderator close this thread before it gets out of hand..

Regards

Wodj

WildCards
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I think this threads getting out of hand and there are some comments that could have been worded more maturely so as not to antagonise members or offend !

Please could a moderator close this thread before it gets out of hand..

Regards

Wodj

:kiss:

miller
06-01-2010, 01:56 PM
how dare you inflict on my argumentative rights to have my say in a thread.

/lol

mesobitchy
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
*can hear the sound of toilets being flushed as members take the p!ss*

OnBoost!
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree a warning system may be possible,but there are times when a thread needs to be closed asap.

AlanDITD
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
i dont see what the fuss is about tbh........:lipseal

Turbo_Steve
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Storm > Teacup.