PDA

View Full Version : Changing Indictator Housing

Kitten
12-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Probably will sound like a silly question to you guys, but how are you meant to change this? Do you need to take the door off or is there an easier way?

Turbo_Steve
12-01-2010, 09:10 PM
The side-repeater? Put a cloth on it and push backwards towards the door. You should be able to slide a flat bladed screwdriver(ideally wrapped in a cloth) behind it to pop it out. Dead easy, just be very careful with the screw driver or you wil scratch your paint.

Do NOT lever using the screwdriver.

Kitten
12-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Ah I thought it maybe something like that but wasn't too sure, and wasn't going to try until I got confirmation.

Thanks heaps.

Turbo_Steve
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Big plastic lever-style spring at one end. Have Fun! :D

Subaru ETA
13-01-2010, 09:53 AM
or you can pull the inner gaurd liner away abit and just spueeze the tab with your hand from the other side..thats if you dont think you can do it the other way without scratching it!

WizardKing
13-01-2010, 05:28 PM
An even easier way (may take a lot of time, though.)

Last year, just as the recent spell of cold weather started, my side-repeaters popped out whilst parked on my driveway. Initially, guessing a tea-leaf was about, it annoyed me. Shutting the driver's door, I noticed the other side popping out, too.

I took the opportunity to head straight for my laptop in order to address the problem . . .

and ordered a set of the clear type as replacements !

kNuTz
13-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Hmmmm.....I just managed to pull mine out with my hand...replaced with crystal clears! :)