PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous FAQ.

SGHOM
14-07-2004, 10:29 PM
1 ] Why the F$CK did I bother with Wizard.

end of questions.

enigma
14-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Are you as impressed as that!

I think its unfair to tar the Wizard, go for your life on his apprentice though! :D

zedy1
15-07-2004, 12:09 AM
tell us more

Nick Mann
15-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Well......?

enigma
15-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I am bursting to tell the full story, but I only know half of it.............maybe Dereks half is better........but I doubt it! :lipsrseal

ritch_w
15-07-2004, 11:24 AM
whats the story on this one? :|

pjjohnson
15-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Stop teasing, spill the beans.

zentac
15-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I will add this to the list of people I know who have said they are sh*t and wouldnt go back there then :)

enigma
15-07-2004, 12:13 PM
The product is very good, exceptional in fact. The installer knew his stuff, but was so full of himself he made a complete meal of the job. The install itself I believe is very good, apart from the control unit loose in the glovebox.

The chap that did the installation really let the side down, a young lad of about 24 that babbled on so long he never seemed to get anything done. He didn't explain things very well, although I followed all his words I am sure technically less able people would struggle. He tried to blind with science but failed. He also turned up with no tools, couldn't figure out which wire he needed to cut to monitor the throttle position and didn't know which fuel hose was the delivery and which was the return despite high pressure and low pressure fittings. He came across very arrogant and without knowing the car/engine/box claimed 150 would be no problem. He took Dereks car away promising 50BHP jets but brought it back with only 25s and significantly more brake pad on the wheels than on the pads. He also claimed that Dereks car was suffering from detonation.

Having said all this Derek bought a product not a person and as far as I know he is happy with the quality of the product. Just a shame about the yoof who fitted it!

pjjohnson
15-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Oh dear, doesn't inspire much confidence.

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 04:43 PM
My 11lb bottle !! a silver one would have been nicer though ?? never thought to mention that to him ! :sad3:
And the solenoids !! pretty arn't they ?

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 04:46 PM
A reasonably neat installation. no complaints on that side of it.
But.............. progressive controller in the glove box ??? do me a favour !! :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 04:55 PM
He [ the installer ] must have put a lot of weight on in the last 24 hrs !!! he's eaten that much humble pie !! :-D
Had a phone call from him this morning, regarding the install, & I've never heard such grovelling in my life !! :rolleyes5
I presume he's had the b**locking from hell from his boss !
" I'm not a w%nker...... people are calling me a w%nker !! you dont think I'm a w%nker do you ?? "
" Can I come down tonight, & make sure all is OK ?? " " I want to put some more insulation around the pipes please"
"I just want you to be happy with the job " "I'll move the controller to wherever you want, in my own spare time. can I do it on sunday, at the pod ?? "

gerralife son !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

enigma
15-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I dont like the sticker in the glove box and I am not sure about the wire from the Throttle Sensor. As for the TPS box on your MAF sensor.....thats sh1t

However as the proof of the pudding is in the eating, the proof of the wizard is in the squirting!

enigma
15-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Also not sure about the fuel delivery pipe chaffing on your strut brace mount! :lipsrseal

enigma
15-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm and the injector seems to be at a funny angle too? Not in accordance with the Wizards instructions:

They are usually fitted into the rubber inlet hose (on injected and turbo cars) by punching an 8mm hole at a suitable location as near as possible to the throttle body

enigma
15-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh and while I am at it, why is the bottle mounted like that? On the wizards website it says:

The Nitrous cylinder MUST be mounted EXACTLY as shown in fig 1 (http://www.noswizard.com/graphics/fitting/fig1.jpg)

enigma
15-07-2004, 05:30 PM
It still looks shiny though! :-b :D

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 05:43 PM
It still looks shiny though! :-b :D
It's black !! printer now on full chatter, & I'll be speaking to him in a short while.

Cheers for the observations. I haven't had chance to even look at it myself yet, apart from dashing out of the rain after taking pics !!

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Oh and while I am at it, why is the bottle mounted like that? On the wizards website it says:

The Nitrous cylinder MUST be mounted EXACTLY as shown in fig 1 (http://www.noswizard.com/graphics/fitting/fig1.jpg)
see what you mean ?? It's at an angle, but not as steep as per instructed ?? :rolleyes5

enigma
15-07-2004, 07:03 PM
He [ the installer ] must have put a lot of weight on in the last 24 hrs !!! he's eaten that much humble pie !! :-D
Had a phone call from him this morning, regarding the install, & I've never heard such grovelling in my life !! :rolleyes5
I presume he's had the b**locking from hell from his boss !
" I'm not a w%nker...... people are calling me a w%nker !! you dont think I'm a w%nker do you ?? "
" Can I come down tonight, & make sure all is OK ?? " " I want to put some more insulation around the pipes please"
"I just want you to be happy with the job " "I'll move the controller to wherever you want, in my own spare time. can I do it on sunday, at the pod ?? "

gerralife son !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like he [the installer] has been a bad boy

Naughty (http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=3395&forum=3&start=25)

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 07:51 PM
A couple more issues which need to be sorted.

untidy wiring just left dangling.

& a better joint than that !!! WTF ! looks like one of my jobs ! :$ :$

ritch_w
15-07-2004, 09:52 PM
oh dear not a good advert for WoN

Derek - I take it from your post on their forum that you were under the impression that you were getting the install done by WoN?
:sad3:

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Naughty (http://www.noswizard.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=3395&forum=3&start=25)

see Daves link !! :$ :lipsrseal

Brind
15-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Derek if you don't mind me asking, how much do they generally want for fitting?

Spirit
15-07-2004, 10:13 PM
This is not good advertising for them is it and at the prices they charge it ain't right :dozey:

Brind
15-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Well, if you believe them, this situation is not the norm...

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 10:18 PM
I wanted a professional job.......... I paid for a professional job.................. I did not get one.

enigma
15-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Dont get me wrong, the kit is fantastic.......I believe it is the right kit for the job. It has not been installed very well and Derek has had a lot of messing around. Then to say its not a factory job is taking the pith!

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 10:22 PM
I've parted with well over £300 :lipsrseal :$ :$ of my hard earned money for this, & I've still some outstanding issues to be resolved.

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Derek if you don't mind me asking, how much do they generally want for fitting?
I was quoted £350 for fitting. & they needed the car for 2 days. seemed reasonable at the time.

Brind
15-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Christ!!! :stunned: not that I didn't before but I can see why you are very upset!!!!!!

SGHOM
15-07-2004, 10:33 PM
OK, here's what it cost me in total, 2 members know, the rest of you dont;

the total bill was................................... DOH !! ang about, I forgot !! :lipsrseal :$ :$

RED
16-07-2004, 03:59 PM
I'd ask for my "professional install" money back :|

I like the way they say on the forum "well done mate" for fessing up and apologising and "it's a learning curve" so it might be but not on my car you toss pot! :p

SGHOM
17-07-2004, 11:06 PM
It's 11.05pm, & Ryan has just left my house for his drive back to derby. these issues will be sorted over the next few weeks, I can assure you of that !!

Japmetal
19-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Are you at least happy the job will [eventually] be refinished to a satisfactory standard now ? :sad3:

SGHOM
19-07-2004, 11:05 PM
It will be Dan. Ryan put an appearance in at the pod on sunday, & made a few adjustments etc.
I'm waiting 'till the school hols, [ when Liz is off ] & then he's taking it back to their workshop in Doncaster to do a full test & set up. hopefully then, I'll be running at least 50 bhp of nitrous, if not more !! :-b

Grinder
22-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I love a story with a happy ending.

Did we get to the figure for the whole install, parts & labour, or is that prying. Just curious. PM me if you would prefer.

Japmetal
22-07-2004, 06:43 PM
I would also be interested to know; I have chosen a direction that my modifying path shall be taking, and this may be worth considering :)

pjjohnson
23-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Just phone the Wizard and ask for a quote. My quote came in at nearly a grand with all the trimmings. I didn't do it though.

enigma
23-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Just phone the Wizard and ask for a quote. My quote came in at nearly a grand with all the trimmings. I didn't do it though.

That is different from Dereks actual price :lipsrseal

SGHOM
23-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Ok....... here goes.
street blaster 100 I
upgrade to 11lb bottle [ + filling ?? ]
TPS [ new throttle position sensor ] + fitting
Maximizer progressive controller
upgraded hoses for fuel / nitrous deliver
25 bhp jets [ to be upgrade to 50, or even 60 bhp Dependant on results of static & rolling tests ] this was not included in original price, but has been negotiated since.
all other costs including installation, delivery, VAT, etc.
& my total bill was £1498 :lipsrseal

I need a lie down now after telling you that !! :rolleyes5 :$

pjjohnson
24-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Blimey, and then you forget to switch it on !!

Thats an expensive lie down.

Japmetal
24-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a turbo is the sensible power-to-£ option for me then [for now at least !]

enigma
26-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a turbo is the sensible power-to-£ option for me then [for now at least !]

It can be done for a lot less money than Derek paid, he has gone all singing all dancing and paid for installation. Mine cost about £200 and I fitted it myself! :D

Japmetal
26-07-2004, 06:36 PM
Installing a turbo'd engine would still be a cheaper option; for about £2k I could more than double my output, with none of the niggly tuning issues I may have with Nitrous. :)

However, there will come a time when Nos is the only answer :-D

enigma
26-07-2004, 06:57 PM
You could double your output with nitrous...........Your engine would probably not last a huge length of time, but it would be fun! :D