PDA

View Full Version : BDA decat pipes batch 3

enigma
15-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Due to public demand I have just ordered another batch of stainless steel so I can produce my 3rd batch of decat pipes (and a couple of custom exhausts and my long awaited downpipe!).

Due to rising steel prices (and the desire to make more the £2 per pipe) I have to put the price up to £55 including P&P.

I should have enough steel to make pipes for anyone that wants them, and am happy to announce that I now have a jig for V6 pipes too. If someone wants to donate a GLS pipe then I will look at making one for you too!

If you want one reply to this thread and I will get busy!

BDA Fabrications ltd :D

List
1. Jimbo (VR4)
2. HJM (VR4)
3. Nick-F1 (VR4)
4. The Vee (V6)
5. Shooter (VR4)
6. ritch_w (V6)
7. sprocket (?)
8. Bal (GLS)
9. scottish ian (GLS)
10. Louis (VR4)

Big Ian
15-07-2004, 12:05 PM
"KIERAN" go on! whip yer pipe off for Dave to mesure up :-D

basheer
15-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Due to public demand I have just ordered another batch of stainless steel so I can produce my 3rd batch of decat pipes (and a couple of custom exhausts and my long awaited downpipe!).

Due to rising steel prices (and the desire to make more the £2 per pipe) I have to put the price up to £55 including P&P.

I should have enough steel to make pipes for anyone that wants them, and am happy to announce that I now have a jig for V6 pipes too. If someone wants to donate a GLS pipe then I will look at making one for you too!

HI dave i have a full stainless stell exuast with out lokking under the car do u recon i need 1 let me knw ... tanks

Big Ian
15-07-2004, 12:26 PM

dave have you thought about making...strut brace's ?
you know ther's a demand..an you have 1 for a template..

enigma
15-07-2004, 12:28 PM
HI dave i have a full stainless stell exuast with out lokking under the car do u recon i need 1 let me knw ... tanks

:shrug:

Jimbo
15-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah, I'm interested. :-b

I meant to ask you about these on Sunday, BDA, but forgot....how do you fit them (and remove them for say an MOT emissions test)? I'm assuming the CAT element of the exhaust is dropped out and the decat pipe goes where that was......or is there any welding required?

On mine, at the back of the cat, I've now got a 2.5" stainless pipe (I think the standard was 2.25?) - this isn't a problem is it?

Has anybody here had to temporarily put their CAT back on to pass an MOT?

enigma
15-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Bolt on, bolt off ;)

3 or 4 people have passed emissions with them now :-b

Jimbo
15-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Bolt on, bolt off ;)

3 or 4 people have passed emissions with them now :-b

Fantastic, even I could fit them then! Mark me down, mate, nice one!

(oh, and PM me your payment details....whatever's best for you).

Kieran
15-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Dave - Just give me a shout and you can measure up a GLS pipe. I'm not interested in one (See thread aboutwanting a V6-24!) but I'm happy for you to measure up. :)

HJM
15-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi Dave

Yes please - we'll have one :)

Let us know where to send the money and it will be done.

Thanks very much :D

HJM

nick-f1
15-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi Dave, me me me please. I'll have one- just pm m with yr details and I'll send the dosh

Thanks

Nick :-b

shooter
15-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Dave,

I will defo have one.

PM me your address and who I make the cheque out to :-b

Cheers

Shooter

ritch_w
15-07-2004, 09:34 PM
I'll have a BDA de-cat please!!!! :-D :-D :-D (2.5 V6 Sport)

PM me the details of how you want payed etc

cheers

Ritch

sprocket
15-07-2004, 10:04 PM
please sir can i have one to
oh yeh forgot its for a legnum vr4

tassospap
16-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi Dave.

I want one for my VR4 as well.

Assuming you can ship it to Cyprus.

enigma
16-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I can ship to cyprus, but it wont be cheap!

Will try and get a price for you

Bal
16-07-2004, 03:57 PM
let me know when youve measured up kierans pipe ... i might be interested.

B

The Vee
16-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes please Dave. 1 BDA masterpiece for a V6-24
Ta very muchly
Andy

Louis
17-07-2004, 08:42 PM

List
1. Jimbo (VR4)
2. HJM (VR4)
3. Nick-F1 (VR4)
4. The Vee (V6)
5. Shooter (VR4)
6. ritch_w (V6)
7. sprocket (?)
8. Bal (GLS)
9. scottish ian (GLS)
10. Louis

Hi Dave,
Please would you add me to your list, 1 de-cat pipe for my newly aquired Legnum VR4 :D .
I saw your website and your exhaust, looks good , could you tell me how noisy it is, I don't really want a loud exhaust but I do want a free flowing one. I've had janspeed systems before on other cars and they have been good but some I have had get a bit droney and annoying on motorway journeys, please pm me with details of how and where etc for the de-cat, I am hoping to be at Dumfries, if you are going also we could meet up there, otherwise I'll send my address, cheers for now Louis

enigma
19-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Wow! That went better than expected! I will be picking up the materials this evening, and will go in to production in 2 weeks (busy!) I will let you all know how to pay me in due course.

Dave

enigma
19-07-2004, 11:06 AM
could you tell me how noisy it is, I don't really want a loud exhaust but I do want a free flowing one.

Errrrr........its

VERY F'IN NOISY!

enigma
05-08-2004, 01:25 PM
OK I have 7 pipes made for the 7 people that have paid (hint hint! :lipsrseal )

Sorry about the delay I have had family issues. I will get them packaged up at the weekend and get them sent asap.

If anyone else wants a decat pipe I have enough tube for maybe 20 more!!!!! :D

sprocket
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
dave you said you would let us know how to pay. is a cheque ok and where do i send it. if you want give me a bell on 07977173004.
cheers stu

enigma
10-08-2004, 04:55 PM
7 Shiny decat pipes posted tonight at 4:30, should be with you guys soon! Soory for the delay :D

The Vee
13-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Thank you BDA' got mine safely this morning and have to say am most impressed with the finished product. Decent guage steel and beautiful weld job.
Highly recommended.
Just got to get down and dirty now and fit it. :-D

That's WELD job before you start :lolz:

Kieran
13-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Thank you BDA' got mine safely this morning and have to say am most impressed with the finished product. Decent guage steel and beautiful weld job.
Highly recommended.
Just got to get down and dirty now and fit it. :-D

That's WELD job before you start :lolz:

Let us know if it makes any difference to your exhaust note Andy.... Hordak is far too quiet for my liking!

The GLS was suited to stealth... The Sport needs to make more of an aural statement!!! :-D

The Vee
13-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Let us know if it makes any difference to your exhaust note Andy.... Hordak is far too quiet for my liking!

The GLS was suited to stealth... The Sport needs to make more of an aural statement!!! :-D

:lolz:
No probs Kieran will do.

Big Ian
13-08-2004, 03:33 PM

:sad3: Ooooooooo! Kieran are you dis'n the GLS? i'll have to make you eat your word's next week!! don't forget your ear plug's,as i can see,hear an taste Dave and myself havin a "DUEL" sound off :laugh: :laugh: .and if anyone has a digi cam-cord thingy,then all member's will see +hear the might of the GLS sound against the mighty VR4 sound :-D

nick-f1
13-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks Dave- received my decat pipe too this morning. Looks good- only snag is now have to fit it before my hols :rolleyes5

Cheers

Nick

Kieran
13-08-2004, 04:44 PM
:sad3: Ooooooooo! Kieran are you dis'n the GLS?

Good heavens no! It's just my GLS was totally standard and I rather liked the 'stealth' ability. No one noticed if I was being naughty or not!!! :$ I just sailed past!

However, the sport has a lot more presence in standard form, and I think the soundtrack needs a boost!

HJM
13-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Got mine today as well - thanks very much, Dave :thumb1:

'My man' is fitting it on Thursday - don't like getting muck under my fingernails :-D

Nick Mann
13-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Good luck, Heath! If the old bolts come out easily, your worries are over!

Jimbo
13-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I haven't got mine :Cry1:

All I got was a Royal Mail collection slip ;) Looks like my tried and tested plan of letting the neighbours sign failed miserably!

The Vee
13-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I haven't got mine :Cry1:

All I got was a Royal Mail collection slip ;) Looks like my tried and tested plan of letting the neighbours sign failed miserably!

craig-1
14-08-2004, 12:42 AM

LET ME IN ON ONE PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEE just pm me ur details

ritch_w
14-08-2004, 10:11 AM
got mine yesterday - work of art!!!

i'll try fitting it tomorrow - should i get a gasket set from mitsu - or just reuse the fittings already on it?
??

nick-f1
14-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks Dave- received my decat pipe too this morning. Looks good- only snag is now have to fit it before my hols :rolleyes5

Cheers

Nick

Bummer! Was all set to fit it this morning at our band drummers garage and He rang to say............................ hoist is bug***ed :sad3:

Jimbo
16-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Got it! Picked it up from Royal Mail today. Thanks Dave :thumb1: , excellent stuff, well worth it!

ritch_w
17-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Fitted mine today - although just slightly shorter than the cat - the extra play in the exhaust made up for this.

looks the dugs baws!!! :-b

i think it even sounds better when i boot it now!!! :D :D

highly recommended! :-b

enigma
17-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Glad it went on OK, was a bit worried for a while! :$

HJM
17-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Good luck, Heath! If the old bolts come out easily, your worries are over!

:lolz: Sorry, Nick, it's Heath that doesn't like to get his hands dirty - it's booked into the garage on Thursday to be fitted :laugh:

Legnum Boy
02-09-2004, 12:20 AM
If these are still being made, I would like to be added to the list, please please please..... :-D

If not..... :Cry1:

freeman
12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm interesting too!
but can you ship to Switzerland?
I have a galant 2.0 16v GLS

enigma
12-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Current commitments make it trick at the moment but there will be a batch 4!!! :D

Need a GLS to pratice on though!

Legnum Boy
12-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Please put me at the top of the list for batch 4....
I will pay handsomely for the privilage... :-D

Kieran
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Current commitments make it trick at the moment but there will be a batch 4!!! :D

Need a GLS to pratice on though!

/Ahem....

:soapbox:

IAN!!!!!!

Oh, and Hordak would like to try a V6 Sport De-cat too! :-D

Big Ian
13-09-2004, 12:02 AM
i'll have a word with a bloke i know in a tyre and exhaust center for a lone of a ramp for 10 min's an i'll measure mine and see about getting a couple of gasket's so as you can get the bolt hole's to line up on a de-cat pipe for a GLS.also i'll take a pici and do a sketch so as you can see the way the end's meat :D OKAY DOAKY?

Big Ian
15-09-2004, 10:34 AM
:D DAVE, some info about the size of a GLS cat-conv,

The end to end lengh is 42cm (16.5"),
Both fixing end's are held by 2 bolt's,
Both fixing's are the same oval shape,
both end's are at the same position on the pipe.

i am getting 2 gasket's today (not mitsy item's,i'll post up the code's later) ,which will give a size for the center bore and the fixing bolt's
i hope this make's some sort of sense?..how does the lengh compare to a VR4 cat replacment?

enigma
15-09-2004, 10:37 AM
It is very different to the VR4, but sounds exactly the same as the V6!

Maybe you and Kieran could contact Mitsubishi and get part numbers for the cat and compare?

Big Ian
15-09-2004, 10:42 AM
i'll have a word with the guy getting me the gasket's as he has both version's in his ref-book.if they are the same then both part number's should be the same on a copy"CAT" exhaust :laugh: :laugh: :lipsrseal

Big Ian
15-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Maybe you and Kieran could contact Mitsubishi and get part numbers for the cat and compare?

they are different,ive checked through 4 diff,part's book's and they all hold different code's for both part's :sad3:

nick-f1
16-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey Dave, finally got around to fitting my de-cat pipe this afternoon at my mates garage it fitted perfectly :-D no trouble at all. Shame I could not give it any welly on the way home'cos of the 6'o clock traffic in Poole so that will have to wait till tomorrow. Anyway thanks again

Cheers Mate

Nick :thumb1: