PDA

View Full Version : This is scary!

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 02:12 PM
As it happened in the next court from where we live!

god! we go away for the week end and i come home to following 10 police cars/vans all with blues flashing!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4855739.Man_shot_as_he_sat_in_parked_car/?ref=mr

got on to my drive way and ask next door if he knew anything and he told us what happened saturday night!!

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 02:14 PM
what do you expect when you live on a chav estate ?

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 02:22 PM
we are in the middle of finding some place else to live!

but atm, finding some were that isnt chav vill (tho you and others will say no matter where i move to it will always be chav vill!) and with in our budget is far fetched, especilly since we are trying to stay local for my son's school and not to far from garrys work place!

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 02:23 PM
it's a tough balance between the two but is his school worth the location being poor ?

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 02:26 PM
he is in that school till he is 19, honda own it and iv got to say so far so good, the results are good and i am happy with the school.

we have tryed looking around neare garrys place of work, but nothing is coming up.
bristol..... i dont know it well enough to know what is good and what is bad.
i dont want city or big town,
in fact i would love to have a small town or even village, but nothing is coming up. nothing local nothing near his work.

its frustrating to say the least!

iv even started looking at commerical propities, such as running a pub with live in above the place!

WildCards
18-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Sounds like your budget needs amending.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 03:31 PM
let me just shake that money tree....

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 03:34 PM
do you and gary smoke ?

WildCards
18-01-2010, 03:34 PM
You run two cars, both V6's, one has two hairdyers attached. I assumed you had a money tree or some other such limitless income, especially given your attitude to blowing £9k on a Bongo and making your Galant RWD.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 03:42 PM
NJ - no, we dont smoke nor do we go out on the town and drink like fishes.

WC - when i have my V6, i run my V6 on limited miles, i make 1/4 of a tank last a week. The VR4 sits on the drive way most of the time and only gets taken out if i need to go somewhere or need to do some running around for my mum or the business,(as i am my mothers carer) not the best car to use, but with garry doing ~70 miles per day mon -fri he uses my car.
9k on the bongo is for business use and is coming from the money that pulls in.
of course we (myself and garry) get to use it as and when.

i am not RWD my car today, tonight or tomorrow. it is purely out of interest as to if it can be done, something for maybe a future project.
and since there seems to be no thread asking the questions i raised in the "power handling" thread, i thought i would ask as to know more informations on teh V6 engine as there is next to naff all about it on here!

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Thats good about the smoking Maz as you'd be suprised how many people say I can't afford something but then burn through £40 per week .

If gary is doing 35 miles each way then I do suggest that moving within 5 miles of his work would make a lot of sense as the saving from not doing 300 miles per week is a saving of around £200 per month .

So theres £200 extra towards your new place

richy rich
18-01-2010, 03:51 PM
If it was me id drive a crap car (like I do) to live in a place i feel happy with (like I do).

WildCards
18-01-2010, 03:52 PM
It does seem like a swap to a diesel motor would be beneficial if you can't find somewhere suitable to live nearer to Garry's work. The Honda school is a good school by all accounts, I can understand you not wanting to move the kids around.

Sometimes we have to make the necessary sacrifices for our kids though don't we.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 03:59 PM
we are looking into a diesel run around, and found a mazda 323 BJ, i know if we get another car the tw@s that damaged our vr might get there knickers in a twist cos we have a 3rd car again.

and we are trying to find places closer to his work, but the min price starts around 200k, and we dont have that, if anything we dont have anything close to 100k..... gah! annoying much?

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Then rent rather than buying , until your in a position to buy

miller
18-01-2010, 04:14 PM
i know if i was ever lucky enough to have kids then converting a car to RWD let alone running three cars would not be top of my list of things to do.

In fact id drive the biggest POS possible if it meant my kids werent affected by my whims

Count yourself lucky enough to have kids.

Sell the VR4, sell the V6. Buy a 1.3 petrol car or 1.9diesel estate car and put the difference to a deposit on a house be it rent or buy in a nicer area.

Mike

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
thats just it, my car might be sold or slung into storage to await the things it needs doing to it!
i was not happy with the fact garry got the vr4 in the first place, in fact i thought it was very selfish of him to do so.

i was very happy running my old mazda, even tho it wasnt the worlds most reliable thing. but garry kicked off about having the galant, so to shut him up i got it and sold kitt:sick:

iv told garry time and time again, maybe its time to sell the vr4.

but talking to him about that is like talking to a brick wall.

i am not going to air our money and relationship status as that is between us.

WildCards
18-01-2010, 04:34 PM
You may be better looking at Peugeot diesels, they were the market leaders in the technology 10 years ago and they do make good used buys now.

richy rich
18-01-2010, 04:39 PM
i am not going to air our money and relationship status as that is between us.
Thats a first for you then Mazz.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 04:48 PM
oh ha ****ing ha rich

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Thats a first for you then Mazz.

+1

Thats is so true Rich

Mazz given you could not resist three times in one thread to post up the fact Gary was unfaithful !!!

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 05:06 PM
just point out a fact that 2 situations were handled differently to each other.
okies one exceeds the other in what happened in many ways, but its to show that unfairness was taken in favour when a dissension was made.

and besides this has gone way off topic and im asking for all non related posts in this thread to be removed.

as it seems i cant make a post without the sarcasm society jumping on board!

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry Maz but apart from the last post which was supporting the view of Richy every other one has been to offer advice or raise questions

If you don't like what people say then don't post on a public forum whereby anyone can answer and give there view !!!!!

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 05:11 PM
it seems that no matter what i post the "sarcasm society" has to make there views, insulting and bitch biting remarks.

sorry if i dont own a VR4 myself, and to that i dont fit in here like a VR4 owner dose!

this was a thread intended to show what happened over the weekend and what the world is coming to, not another lets rip the piss and see how much before a member becomes pissed off.

richy rich
18-01-2010, 05:14 PM
just point out a fact that 2 situations were handled differently to each other.
okies one exceeds the other in what happened in many ways, but its to show that unfairness was taken in favour when a dissension was made.

and besides this has gone way off topic and im asking for all non related posts in this thread to be removed.

as it seems i cant make a post without the sarcasm society jumping on board!
I think you will find I replied to a post you made in your own thread so how is that of topic.

miller
18-01-2010, 05:14 PM
please calm down Maz, like others have said if you cant take the opinions and inputs of advice from others then dont post and get upset when not everyone agrees with you.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 05:20 PM
the orignal post in this thread.
lets remind you, shell we???

As it happened in the next court from where we live!

god! we go away for the week end and i come home to following 10 police cars/vans all with blues flashing!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...ed_car/?ref=mr

got on to my drive way and ask next door if he knew anything and he told us what happened saturday night!!

richy rich
18-01-2010, 05:23 PM
/duh

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 05:24 PM
And again Maz

Wow what do you expect you live on a chav estate full of chavs , who drive chav cars and sell chav drugs - Ah wait you live in CHAVLAND

miller
18-01-2010, 05:24 PM
we are in the middle of finding some place else to live!

but atm, finding some were that isnt chav vill (tho you and others will say no matter where i move to it will always be chav vill!) and with in our budget is far fetched, especilly since we are trying to stay local for my son's school and not to far from garrys work place!

so reminding ourselves then that you ask this and everyone offers helpfull suggestions......

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 05:26 PM
and so do the rest of you then, you all live in chav land

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry but if I could be arsed searching I would find the exact post where YOU claimed YOU lived on a CHAV estate , all I was doing was bring the fact to bear that YOU live on a CHAV estate in CHAVLAND (aka Swindon )

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 05:33 PM
and luton is a chav place!

richy rich
18-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Can I have some mud to sling.

WildCards
18-01-2010, 05:48 PM
and we are trying to find places closer to his work, but the min price starts around 200k, and we dont have that, if anything we dont have anything close to 100k..... gah! annoying much?

£200k is alot of money to find at the minute, add to that you'll need a considerable deposit of your own if you'd like a good mortgage it is nigh on impossible.

Are you or Garry any good at DIY? Perhaps finding a house that needs work could be a way in for you?

You mentioned a business above, what do you do if you don't mind me asking?

Confused
18-01-2010, 05:55 PM
We found a house which is quite nice, but will require lots of work.

However - biggest issue is both deposit, and the money to do the work required.

No one nowadays are doing mortgages for >100% of the purchase price, which would have been the only route available.

Even selling the cars would only bring us ~£3k (after finding suitable replacements) which is pittance to be honest, and we'd then both be giving up our main hobby.

WildCards
18-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I see where you're coming from, but from a car sales standpoint, if you downsized or switch to less maintenance vehicles you'd save money going out of your monthly income, which could then be rediverted into the mortgage pot.

When we were buying a house a few years ago I had to get rid of the VR4, it was up for sale but it was written off before I found a buyer. I was very reluctant to get rid of it, but common sense prevailed and it would have gone one way or the other. It's taken me a while, I had to run the 306 for 3 years but i've just got into another car i'm reasonably happy with, although the drop in mpg is taking a bit of getting used to!

Nutter_John
18-01-2010, 06:07 PM
and luton is a chav place!

Yep and I never claimed otherwise !!!

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 06:07 PM
we'd then both be giving up our main hobby.

both? i think you mean to say YOUR hobby!
my went with kitt.

AlanDITD
18-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I take part blame for garry buying the Vr4 :D

But seriously yeah selling the cars sucks but i had to do it aswell in search of a house, i recon overall inc, fuel, tax etc etc etc i saved about 250quid a month selling my car, Possibly more!

It sucks but it all depends on how much you want to move i guess!

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 06:40 PM
there was just no need for him to buy a vr4, one big car in the house hold was fine.

my v6 is lower cost to run and maintain then a high strung bitchy vr4.
yes he could of kept his lude, but he made the choice to sell it due to a few things.

WildCards
18-01-2010, 06:47 PM
there was just no need for him to buy a vr4, one big car in the house hold was fine.

my v6 is lower cost to run and maintain then a high strung bitchy vr4.
yes he could of kept his lude, but he made the choice to sell it due to a few things.

Why don't you sell the V6 and keep the VR4? That would in part give you guys some breathing space perhaps for repairs to a new house. The VR4 is the higher value car i'm assuming and you both enjoy driving it.

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 07:12 PM
if it is a higher value car then its more of a target to sell.

and no, i dont really like driving the vr4, i find it to clunky and to heavy and being an auto really bores me.

Roberto
18-01-2010, 08:21 PM
To me it sounds like the pair of you really need to sit down and sort out what you really want in life.

If it's short term cash, sell one of the cars or both or neither.

But don't shoot the people YOU ask for advise, or give it for free!!!

I used to live in a very unpleasent area ( didn't start out to bad, but over years got a lot worse), but did EVERYTHING I could to get away from it.

Turbo_Steve
18-01-2010, 08:40 PM
TBH, Gary's Dad sounds like he's pretty well off for storage from what you've said previously? You have the option of mothballing the VR4 for 6 months?

If you're arguing over the VR4s running costs, get shot of it. The V6 is a nice enough car, and it doesn't sound like the VR4 goes out much anyway.

Frankly, neither of the mitsibishis are worth a fortune, so selling them is a decision based on running costs.

VR4 is more to insure, more to run, and at least the same to tax.
Keep the V6 and if you get the bongo then there is your second car.
If not, keep the V6 and buy a 1.2Corsa. If you need money, you need to make some big sacrifices - can you not move in with folks for a while?

davcom1
18-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Well time to wade in...

The post was about a shooting happening locally to Meso and has developed into "here's how to put your life in order"

Just about every medium and large town along with the cities of the UK is a "Chav Town" :end:

Schools are only as good as the people who run them and more importantly, can only do so much for your kids. Parents need to do a bit too! /shock /horror Too many parents seem to expect the school to bring up their kids for them. What I'm trying to say is don't rely on a school's reputation or good area alone to turn your children into perfect citizens.

(The above is not directed at Meso, just a general observation)

As for doing the right thing... of course everyone wants the best for their kids but at the same time this should not be with total disregard for themselves. Life is too short to forsake everything in the single-minded persuit of Nirvana for the children. I think there is more to life than that?

Surely the best thing any parent can provide their offspring with is love and guidance and that costs sweet FA?

:ranton:

As for renting - I'd say don't do it. You'll be dropping off the ladder and the first rung always seems to be the most difficult to get on. You'll also find that the rent will not allow you to save anything. A better option might be a shared ownership scheme from a housing association?

Anyway what do I know!? :joker:

mesobitchy
19-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Agree with you on the above.
shared ownership is another way forward for us. as they do tend to fall inline with our needs.
getting a deposit is done, but it is finding the right area with in the town to move to.
they are just finishing off a new village over by the M4. and we hope they are going to make another junction there as well, being as it is sap bang in the middle of both junctions.

something will come up im sure.
im sick and tird of town life, i want village, nice, quite and hopefuly chav free!

and yes to many perants hope the school will rais there child, if they want that, then send them to bording school!

i can only do so much to help and guid my children, iv put a stop to my oldest playing with the riff raff around here, and he will only play out under my supervision.

this was a nice place to live when it was first built, but sadly they moved mouthy fish wife assholes in and the place went down hill!

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2010, 09:36 AM
As for doing the right thing... of course everyone wants the best for their kids but at the same time this should not be with total disregard for themselves. Life is too short to forsake everything in the single-minded persuit of Nirvana for the children. I think there is more to life than that?

Frankly, No. My Mum and Dad made absoloutely huge sacrifices for me, and I know the best I can do to pay them back is be as successful as I can. Your job as a parent is to make sure your children are as equipped as possible to make the most of their potential whilst remaining as happy as possible with their life.

It's the single biggest responsibility you have, and the only job you absoloutely cannot afford to fcuk up: If you feel life is too short then why decide to breed: Kids take 10-20years to raise, it's not like it's a surprise - they're a massive responsibility.

So if I was in Maz's position and worried about the local crowd compromising my childs up-bringing, I would sacrifice EVERYTHING to get them away from that. You can help your child make the right decisions, but you can't get them away from violence / crime with good advice.

Population density is increasing, and infrastructure and services supporting that (healthcare, policing etc) are getting more and more over-extended.

If this had happened in my neighbourhood, I would be moving in with my family. It might be hard on everyone, but Grandparents are likely to understand (at least in the short term) and as grown ups you can all bite down and learn to live with each other for a few months for the sake of the children.

You don't lose your investment on the house as you can let it (I wouldn't reccomend it) or sell it and hang on to the proceeds for the next property.

I have a horrid work/life balance in my life, and have to spend as much time as possible with my children at the weekend, instead of doing all the things I want to do (Serving the car, anyone) to try and make up for me being away.
But I will do it to ensure we stay living somewhere that has an almost non-existant crime rate and some decent clean air to breathe for little lungs, fresh food on the table, and a decent school with teachers who actually speak classical english, and not some bast@rdised rural-Cockney accent.

davcom1
19-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Admirable Steve and yes, getting to a better area is a good thing but I don't agree you should forsake everything to that end... your health, relationships, happiness etc. as this could end up doing more damage to your children's upbringing than your locality.

I guess we will have to differ on this.

You are right that you cannot get your children away from a bad area simply with good advice and I have moved recently to be in a nicer area myself.

You mention balance and I think that's the key and a very hard thing to achieve. Do you work all hours to be able to provide the perfect environment or do you make sure you are around for your kids every day even if it means they might miss out on some material things? A very tricky decision but I would expect that any parent who worries about such things is the type of person who cares enough to help their offspring grow up to be great people.

As for population density, well that kind of comes from people having too many kids!!

Looking at everything in a literal sense, if you do disagree with my comment then how do you find time to post here? Surely you could/should be fettling a wooden educational toy out of a piece of driftwood or working even harder to provide even more for your family?

Then I guess you could always sell your ZX and Evo to buy them a pony or two?

I'm sorry because I don't know your circumstances but would say that no-one sacrifices EVERYTHING and has TOTAL disregard for themselves.

I felt that some of the earlier responses to Meso's original post were starting to get condescending and slightly preaching so wanted to throw a little spanner into the works.

Anyway I'm sure your children will grow up to appreciate everything you do for them in the same way your parents did for you. I also hope that after their sacrifices, your parents have been able to enjoy themselves too.

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2010, 10:51 AM
You're confusing "sacrifice to meet their needs" and "pointless self sacrifice".

I have time to post on here as I am at work waiting for something to finish.
I would gladly sell my cars, and even take on that second job, if someone who knew told me my child might just be the next world showjumping champion (or whatever) if he/she had that horse. I wouldn't however, take on that responsibility just because "I want a horse".

In the same way that a friend of mines parents bought him a cheap Guitar one Christmas. He demanded lessons (naturally) which were provided: his Dad used to go to the pub for a couple of hours every Sunday. He stopped to pay for his sons lessons. After a few months of lessons, it was clear that this lad was very VERY talented. So his dad sold his prized, custom rebuilt cosworth, and bought a boring Honda, to buy a decent guitar, and a better guitar teacher (at his present guitar teachers reccomendation) and to pay for him to go to a school that specialised in music.

They even ended up doing mortgagey things to help pay his music-school fees.

But he's a massive success musically - he's earning a good living from playing (which alone is impressive!) and is now recognised as one of the best session guitarists by some BIG artists, and more importantly by the studios they use.
He may even release the album he's been threatening to put out since he was 25.

His parents couldn't be prouder - he's among the best at something he loves doing.

So I think it's your parental responsibility to intelligently identify what your child needs, and provide it for them. I'm not talking materialism, and I'm not talking giving up work with being with them (which is, in itself a valuable lesson).

WildCards
19-01-2010, 10:55 AM
If my boys said they wanted to start show jumping I'd be mortified

:p

mesobitchy
19-01-2010, 10:57 AM
If my boys said they wanted to start show jumping I'd be mortified

:p
why? nothing wrong with that :) i used to do it when i was younger:thumbsup:

Nutter_John
19-01-2010, 11:03 AM

bet you could not do it now :P

WildCards
19-01-2010, 11:15 AM

But you're a girl :rulez:

mesobitchy
19-01-2010, 01:16 PM
bet you could not do it now :P

its een a few years sice i was last on ahorse, but it shouldnt take to much to "get back in the saddle!" /lol

But you're a girl :rulez:

dont mean nout mate.

there are some really successful male jockeys and equestrian riders out there.

davcom1
19-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Steve - mucho respect to you.

Just hope your friend doesn't end up having children and have to miss out on the possible big time success to reward his own parents' dreams for him... otherwise does that not make his parents' sacrifices slightly wasted? Or are we effectively doomed to a drone's life once children are born? Remember you disagreed when I wrote "this should not be without total disregard for themselves"

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Of course not: at the moment he's forgoing relationships period to focus on his career (though we've noticed he has a couple of...er....girls who are friends IYSWIM). But he categorically wants none of that until he's fulfilled the next 3 years of his plan. That will make him 30 years old, and (in his view) time to settle down with the right woman (and I actually think he's already got all that sorted out too!) get married and have children. It's a big gamble, hoping for success in 3 years in the music industry, but in his mind 3 years is a fair shot. If it doesn't come off, it wasn't meant to be and he will move on to the next phase of his life, which is presently "on hold".

He's even said that he's going to give up on the body building!

I'll be interested to see if he can maintain his present levels of organisation once he's got a family - he thinks he will, I don't think he has a chance LOL!

davcom1
19-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Good luck to him then - it does sound like he is well organised!

And despite what I said, its great to know there are parents who will do anything to help their children grow up into responsible adults from a loving home. Kinda puts some hope back into our future.

Peace! :D

davcom1
19-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh and sorry for hijacking the thread!

AlanDITD
19-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Well all i established from all that fanasic posting was this....

Dont have kids.

davcom1
19-01-2010, 07:54 PM
/lol Well I have to admit that I fall into that category. My g/f and I have gone for a couple of collies instead - you can yell at them in public, leave them home alone, refuse to take them out when they want and never worry that Esther Ranson and Childline will be breathing down yer neck! (Love em to bits tho')

aboo
19-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Well all i established from all that fanasic posting was this....

Dont have kids.

I agree Alan. Just wish I was told all this nearly 10 years ago/lol

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Having children is the single most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am priviledged to have met both of my children, who are wonderful little people. Naughty, sometimes, and definitely very very hard work on occasion, but worth every minute.

As one of my older friends once told me when I was 22.....
"Kids! From the day they're born, every day is world cup day! Heart Break or Victory and nothing in between".

It seemed apt.

aboo
19-01-2010, 09:19 PM
:iagree: I was having a little joke in my last post.

As the wifes Nana allways says. You dont need money when you have 3 wonderfull children as every day your with them your a millionaire.

miller
19-01-2010, 09:24 PM
/lol Well I have to admit that I fall into that category. My g/f and I have gone for a couple of collies instead - you can yell at them in public, leave them home alone, refuse to take them out when they want and never worry that Esther Ranson and Childline will be breathing down yer neck! (Love em to bits tho')

when the choice of having kids is taken out of your own hands how do you feel then?

very much doubt it will be the same and a different tune would be sung

davcom1
19-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Sorry... not sure what you mean Mike?

If its a case of not being able to have children then, yes, that also applies to us.

Sad at first, spent on IVF and it didn't work but we're now both 40 and whilst I'm sure we're missing something very special, we have other things instead and get to spoil our little niece.

**** happens but there are many more far worse off and TBH and possibly inflammatory, there's already too many bloody people on this planet and that is the MAIN reason everything is going tits up.

davcom1
19-01-2010, 11:29 PM
So which tune am I now singing?

Johnny_Cashed
19-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry if this is getting off/on topic, but can't you lpg the galant? Has it got enough miles left in it for the repay period? I roughly guesstimated that if I got a new job which would up my mileage to around 16k per year it would pay off within two years.

Turbo_Steve
20-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd suggest, perhaps "One Enchanted Evening" from South Pacific.

Frankly, it's a bit bold to say "too many people", but I agree with you to some extent. More to the point, the distribution of people and distribution of wealth is fundamentally broken, geographically.

If everyone was capped at two children, we'd at least hold steady on the population front.

davcom1
20-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Steve - once again you've added a bit of sense to one of my mini rants!

No offense intended to anyone. I wanted to let Mike know that our situation is not simply a lifestyle choice but that perhaps we now look at it that way and prefer to use a little humour with the fact that our dogs are effectively surrogates.

davcom1
20-01-2010, 12:10 AM
J_C - you are definitely more "on topic" than me!

Its a fair point but the initial outlay is always hard to justify even with those figures - probably depends whether you are convinced you will keep the car that long and have the cash now.

Johnny_Cashed
20-01-2010, 01:26 AM
J_C - you are definitely more "on topic" than me!

Its a fair point but the initial outlay is always hard to justify even with those figures - probably depends whether you are convinced you will keep the car that long and have the cash now.

Figuring my car is now ~80k miles, I think I should be able to put on another 70k miles until it is time to scrap it - I was in a peugeot taxi recently that has 270k miles and that's french! LPG is 51.9p/litre where I looked, whereas petrol is 111.9p/litre.

If I assumed 30mpg, then at 16k miles per year that is 533 gallons = £2885.93 at that fuel price, and assuming 80% of the mpg on gas, it's 667 gallons = £1575.17 so a "saving" of £1310.76. If the LPG conversion costs ~£2k, then it should be paid off in 1 1/2 years, which would be around 24000 miles. If I thought I could run my Galant for 70,000 more miles, over the time that would be a saving of £3,766. A lot of what ifs in these calculations, but I was talking to a guy at work with an LPG kit in his Peugeot 3.0V6 about this subject. His garage told him that it would only cost around £600 to take take the kit out of his car and put it in a new car, so you are only losing that £600 when you go to switch cars.

AlanDITD
20-01-2010, 01:44 AM
I agree Alan. Just wish I was told all this nearly 10 years ago/lol

Having had the pleasure of meeting your kids i can safley say they have been properly dragged up :D

ANTHONY
20-01-2010, 02:23 AM
what am i doing.
i'v just read every post on this thread:sigh:

shaun1978
20-01-2010, 04:33 AM
IMO a car is a car , nothing more , they can be sold and rebought.
I used to live on a "dodgy" estate and at the time i was running brand new cars, but I really did not enjoy my life at that time - and where I lived was the reason, i was forever worrying about things getting stolen, the house getting broken into and i had one car burnt out and one stolen. On top of that I had never lived in a town/ bulit up area before and was climbing the walls.
In the end I just decided to go for it and sold the flash cars, bought a 300 banger which enabled me to get a deposit and get the f**k out of dodge.

What I'm basically saying is it doesnt matter what car you have as long as your home life is happy, things fall into place later on. Kids when brought up on a chav estate invariably have a chav mentality, this is your chance to stop it.

aboo
20-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Having had the pleasure of meeting your kids i can safley say they have been properly dragged up :DThanks Alan.