PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know P542 KPY?

ba55nmc
20-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi all, I've just become the new owner of this car..
Its a Black VR4 Legnum, 1996.
It didnt come with much history so as it has Club vr4 stickers on the windows i though there might be someone on here that knows of it previously?
I've already learnt lots about the INVECS II system after i lost drive only 9hrs in to owning it! lol.. turned out to be a simple and relatively cheap fix thank god!
Finally got it home today after it being stuck outside a friends house since saturday!
I'm looking at doing a big svc on it soon, can anyone recommend a good place to buy parts? plugs/leads/belts/fluids etc.

:monkey:

peter thomson
20-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi and welcome to CVR4. I don't recognise the reg but there will be others along soon who might

TAR
21-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the club.

Fluids can be bought from AMSoil, they are top notch but also attract a premium price. Many people would use nothing else (me included)

If you join as a member you can get a discount on AMSoil products (the saving will equate to more than the cost of membership so its well worth it).

Blueprint parts are fine for the belts and other bits needed for the cambelt change.

If doing the cambelt, change the water pump at the same time, its cheap and will prevent the need to strip the whole lot again if it fails.

Camskill are also good for car parts.

:happy:

CrossRoss
21-01-2010, 12:26 AM
/Welcome2

miller
21-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey, Welcome aboard CVR4!

ba55nmc
23-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys,
I think that becoming a fully paid up member will be the way forward, but after the car has gain my trust! 9hrs before breaking i think is a new record for me!

Does anyone know of locking kit etc needed for doing the cambelt? anyone here done one? want to do mine before too long just to be on the safe side.

WizardKing
23-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi and welcome.
There is a guide available here. To access it, you'll have to sign up as a member.
Initially reluctant, I'm more than happy to have parted with the money because just about all you'll need to know in order to maintain a VR4 is there.

valleyforge1
31-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi and welcome. Yeap heres the place to be for all the low down.

elnevio
31-01-2010, 09:52 AM
/Welcome

Come on in, the water's lovely! :afro: