PDA

View Full Version : stupid rugby players in vectras... my poor galant

Nic-Nic
21-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Just been out to c galant- (had "fun" with radiator- so went to check it hadnt leaked) and thought will just check something else.
Looked at back wheel arch--- nice scratch across top, on to back bumper, and a nice deep gouge just bit lower!
(not impressed!!!)

the rugby team went out last night, and i noticed some or them jump out of a vectra (that they parked nxt to my car) they got back bout 9ish, (rather intoxicated, and went back to the vectra, got in, and tried to drive. (i can c my car from kitchen of house, so was watching, with house m8- sayin "there gonna hit my car")
eventually they managed to reverse out of their space , and i thought they hadnt hit my car... wrong--- they had.

Poor little galant--- beaten up by a vectra!
(goin on the state of my wheel arch, woult say their front bumper not gonna look good--- must have caught it with light or something--- hehehe!!!, and to top it off-- i had a pretty bow on my rear wiper- which in their drunken wisdom they must have decided to take off--- how smart!)

i get 1 car that has perfect paint work- and within a week this-lol.

Scratchs too deep to pollish out, but prob not enough to worry about body shop.
Will have 2 c what i can do.

(my chances against 5 pugby players!?!?!?)
lol

nic
x

foxdie
21-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear that mate :(

Turbo_Steve
21-01-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Rugby players or not, you have the right to make a claim against them.

What a bummer.

miller
21-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I bet if you challenge them they will sort it out for you away from insurance. In my experience rugby players all seem to have a decent character and im sure this is something they would be ashamed of in the sober light of day.
It would also help if you knew which club they were affiliated to? A letter to the chairman may also help, after all its obviously been a club game or function thats got them together and intoxicated.?

Good luck in sorting it

Mike

gareth001
21-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Rugby is more civilised than football - hence you can drink beer at rugby matches and not football!

Nic-Nic
21-01-2010, 03:57 PM
lol--- they a uni team--- ours
know one of guys on team- he would prob go sort it with them- but dont like to ask.

dont like to ask them bout it---
they know they did it--- i had just moved car, (this morning) and as i was gettin out, the guy drove past in vectra rele slowly- tryin to c damage on my car- lol

tried to c what it had done to his, but couldnt c that side of it,

will leave it- as i said--- will try and make it look better (as much as poss)

yea- im my experience rugby players all big softees- :-P

i should have prob moved my car wen i saw them leave theres-
(should have known they would come back drunk--- didnt think the driver would b- but oh well)

dont like to make a fuss- - - just annoying.
Will move car in future- lol

(my luck and cars not good at mo--- think every1 should keep a good 10 miles away-loL)

thankies every1

gareth001
21-01-2010, 04:09 PM
If this was me knowing who had hit my car I would go and tell the person and get it sorted either through insurance or not. If you are not comfortable with face to face comfrontations try putting a letter through their door or get a friend to come along with you to see the person. I wish I knew who had hit my MR2 many years ago - what was a dent in the drivers door turned into over £1000 of a bodywork repair claiming on my insurance.

It's suprising how much a small dent/scatch can be to repair. Also if not done right will devalue the car more than the amount you save by either not getting it repaired or having a bad job done on it.

After all it's allegal to leave the scene of an accident without provding your details of insurance or contact details.

lol--- they a uni team--- ours
know one of guys on team- he would prob go sort it with them- but dont like to ask.

dont like to ask them bout it---
they know they did it--- i had just moved car, (this morning) and as i was gettin out, the guy drove past in vectra rele slowly- tryin to c damage on my car- lol

tried to c what it had done to his, but couldnt c that side of it,

will leave it- as i said--- will try and make it look better (as much as poss)

yea- im my experience rugby players all big softees- :-P

i should have prob moved my car wen i saw them leave theres-
(should have known they would come back drunk--- didnt think the driver would b- but oh well)

dont like to make a fuss- - - just annoying.
Will move car in future- lol

(my luck and cars not good at mo--- think every1 should keep a good 10 miles away-loL)

thankies every1

ritch_w
21-01-2010, 04:17 PM
why post then?

a car hit yours and left damage, driver possibly drunk. you are happy with that and want to let it go?

sorry - cant compute!

Nic-Nic
21-01-2010, 06:35 PM
not happy with it,,,
just not sure if it would get ne were saying ne thing,,,

as u say- a decent repair can cost a lot---
repair bill prob more than value of car (as far as insurance r concerned) so insurance would just write off car... which i dont want!!! (remembering s reg galant- to them prob isnt worth much--- only a gls--- they would prob only value car at bout 500 [lets c them find 1 for that much] so would just write car off, )

and im highly doubting they r gonna want to pay out to get it repaired.--- they were drunk - - -and blatantly know they did it- by how he acted today. But can just see it causing more trouble trying to get something done.
Am gonna c if i can find out who it is in the vectra- but not gonna waist loads of time trying to get him to pay out if he says no.

Our garage can do body work--- if needed, so can easily get it done.

just more annoyed that it happened to nice paint work-lol

Nutter_John
21-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Nic, please no txt speak as there are a lot of old people on here who do not understand it

John TheAntique
21-01-2010, 09:12 PM
" just not sure if it would get ne were saying ne thing,,," beats me. Is that text speak?

hardarse
21-01-2010, 11:38 PM
i know its a ball ache but if you can prove it was them in the way the scratches on his car meet with yours or he has left some of his paint colour on yours. you have to confront him very calm and polite and just explain that you saw him do it, but you was weary of telling him at the time since they are big lads. just be honest with him. and if he gets shirty with you after you been nice walk away ring the police and tell them what has happened. because it is classed as a hit and run by law. just make sure you said you saw it otherwise you have no evidence. be strong

waxer
22-01-2010, 12:55 AM
i know its a ball ache but if you can prove it was them in the way the scratches on his car meet with yours or he has left some of his paint colour on yours. you have to confront him very calm and polite and just explain that you saw him do it, but you was weary of telling him at the time since they are big lads. just be honest with him. and if he gets shirty with you after you been nice walk away ring the police and tell them what has happened. because it is classed as a hit and run by law. just make sure you said you saw it otherwise you have no evidence. be strong

I agree, you should make a stand; otherwise they'll just think they can behave how they want, and society gets eroded a little bit more. I know it's one thing to say it and another to do it; it's a confrontation, which is hard, but it's not like they'll beat you up or anything. You should just tell them you know they did it and you're not happy about it, and see what they have to say for themselves.

Nic-Nic
22-01-2010, 05:41 PM
will give it a go.
(scared)

havent seen them again since they were tryin to c what they had done to my car, will have to ask student union if they can help find who.

(needless to say my car is now parked safely away--- only 2 cars cen get to this bit of car park, and the other is a mk1 landy- so i have that 1 side, and nothing the other--- lol ) (Hiding)

Sorry bout text speak--- sorry

Nutter_John
22-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Nic , I assume you mean about :p

waxer
23-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Nic , I assume you mean about :p

Give the guy a break; he's about to take on the Uni rugby team and demand an apology, at the very least. He should have the support of ClubVR4. Come on guys, are we with him? I say it's war:rifle: :rifle:

Nic-Nic
24-01-2010, 06:50 PM
lol--- why does every 1 assume im a guy? /Hissy
lol--- ok- prob good reasons--- :-P /bounce ??

saw them today (the reason it scratched my car is cuz theres a metal strip round their bumper)--- and some nice red paint on it-lol

- but my car has gone home - so cant point nething out to them- aa took it today cuz of radiator- they did look at them repairing it here- but then decided it was cheaper for them to tow it the 2oo miles home- than to buy new radiator- teheh

wen the aa guy looked round 4 damage- the only thing he circled on his picture was the wheel arch he asked how did it happen--- lol... "dont ask--- sore spot-lol"

thankies everyone

nic
x

waxer
24-01-2010, 10:50 PM
lol--- why does every 1 assume im a guy? /Hissy

nic
x

Sorry:oops:

I just thought a woman would've gone over and given them an earful straight away...

Nic-Nic
25-01-2010, 12:11 AM
tehe- no worries
(for some reason- every1 seems to think iM a guy till i tell them-lol--- maby thats something i should work on)

i too scared to do that--- i a big woos- lol.
(as i said - thought they had missed my car- only realised in mornin)

:jester: