PDA

View Full Version : camskill....bunch of ......

funkstardelux
21-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I ordered some tyres and they were meant to be delivered today..waited all day..nothing.
checked with citylink..delivered.. wtf!
sent to the wrong address by camskill.
they say they will only send to billing address which i inputted right as they took my money quick enough..
and then told citylink the wrong address...UNREAL
luckly new neighbours handed them over no fuss.
but i swear what a bunch of monkeys:ranton:

HJM
21-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience, but I've always had good service of Camskill including tyre delivery :)

H

ANTHONY
21-01-2010, 10:43 PM
if you were in all day,why didn't the new neighbors knock on your door to tell you the van was there or tell the driver where you were? A Set of tyres do take up some room in the house, i remember where they delivered them to me the wife was not very happy walking around them a few days. but man did they smell nice

dublee
21-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience, but I've always had good service of Camskill including tyre delivery :)

me too, nothing but good service from them.

funkstardelux
21-01-2010, 11:47 PM
if you were in all day,why didn't the new neighbors knock on your door to tell you the van was there or tell the driver where you were? A Set of tyres do take up some room in the house, i remember where they delivered them to me the wife was not very happy walking around them a few days. but man did they smell nice

they were delivered at 7.30am ..i was in bed..lol

ANTHONY
21-01-2010, 11:51 PM
they were delivered at 7.30am ..i was in bed..loloh well

elnevio
22-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Service has always been brilliant for me. :thumbsup:

Mistakes occasionally happen, whoever you are.

chris g
22-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Always quick delivery and right address every time for me...

Have to be ready, looking out of the window when Camskill delivery expected...

gallvr4
22-01-2010, 08:50 PM
have brillant delivery for me aswell....spot on every time

Kenan
16-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys,

Ihave a question,because i dont understand what is goin wrong?
I have ordered the second time from Camskill !

The first one (some months ago ) was ok

And now i have ordered Brakes,and something goes wrong !!

Here are the Mails.

Dear Kenan Sebek

Many thanks for visiting www.Camskill.co.uk and placing an order with us on - Friday 2 September 2011.

Your Unique Order Reference No. is : 20110902195654-0237356

Please quote the last 6 digits of the Order Reference in any correspondance with us regarding this order.

A summary of the items you ordered is given below

CARRIAGE £ 14.00
ORDER TOTAL £ 154.42
================================================== ==========================

Carriage .............................. £14.00 Order Total .......................... £154.42

If the goods are available you will receive an email from us with our payment details and amount to pay.
When we receive your payment into our bank account we will dispatch the goods.
The next email from us will be an Order Tracking/Completion email with details of how to track your parcel.

If the goods are not available or have a long lead time you will receive an email from us asking what you would like to do.
We will not proceed with your order until we receive an answer from you.
Please check your Spam folder aswell for emails from us.

Kind regards

The Camskill Team

The second Mail the Day after :

Added By MIKE OAKES @ 2011-09-03 08:51:56

Hi

Due to the weight Carriage to Germany is £ 28.00 not the £ 14.00 shown on order If this is acceptable then please make payment by Bank Transfer.

Can you pay £ 168.42 into our bank and quote reference - 0237356P PLEASE NOTE IF THIS REFERENCE ISNT QUOTED IN YOUR PAYMENT ,YOUR ORDER WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY DELAYED.

THE MINIMUM DELIVERY TIME WITHIN THE UK WHEN PAYING BY BANK TRANSFER IS 3 DAYS , AS PAYMENT MUST FULLY CLEAR BEFORE ANYTHING WILL BE DISPATCHED.

Please note you MUST tick the box so that you pay ALL the bank charges.
If the full amount does not reach our account you will have to pay the extra before we ship the goods.

So i have payed 193,69€ which is 169,xxx GBP

Then the next mail from Camskill :

Added By MARK STEVENS @ 2011-09-15 07:56:03

Hi,
We have recieved payment of £156.34 which is £12.08 short. Please pay the remainder ASAP so that we can process your order. Regards Camskill

My answer : Hi,i am very suprised !
Ihave pay via Bank transfer 193,69 € which is 169,50 GBP.
I don t understand what is going wrong ??

And Today comes this Answer from Camskill?

Hi,
You have not paid the bank charges as stated in the 1st email thats why the amount is incorrect and its too much for us to ignore.
Please pay the remainder asap so we can process your order.

Kind Regards

Mark
Camskill

Icant remember that i pay any Bank charges, (in the first order) which Bank charges ???
Can anyone explain me that ?

Regards Kenan

horndog
16-09-2011, 08:28 PM
If the full amount does not reach our account you will have to pay the extra before we ship ....

Im guessing that Camskill have been charged by their own bank £12 for processing a foreign currency?

stu
16-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Had some tyres delivered this week also and no problem.
They also delivered to a different address to the billing address and have done so in the past also.

Barney
16-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Kenan,
When I refund the security payments to guests after their stay at my villa I have to pay either £15 (for EU countries) or £25 (for non EU countries). This is even when the transfer is made electronically.
These are the hidden costs that go to pay for the bankers annual bonuses.
I also get hit every month by this as my salary is paid in US$

Nick Mann
16-09-2011, 09:58 PM

I would also assume that these charges are on the Camskill end, not yours. Their bank will have received an international bank transfer and will charge for the privilege.

Scanny
17-09-2011, 04:39 AM
i dont like the way in which they restrict their customers to online only so i wont touch them. if they cant be bothered to provide customer service, i cant be bothered to provide a sale for them. i would rather source locally and get what i want there and then without the risk of cock ups. you would be surprised at how often cash gets a few quid knocked off so online isnt really saving a great deal anyway

MarkSanne
17-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Have personally has nothing but good experience with camskill.
Bank transfers from Europe to the UK are extremely expensive. I've noticed this myself the first few times I transferred money to UK bank accounts. However, if camskill state that the customer should pay for the bank transfer, then that's their good right I'd think.

Kenan
17-09-2011, 08:50 AM
If Camskill costs incurred by my transfer, I'm willing to pay.
But I need to get it right from the start into account.
Where can I know how much the Bank of Camskill calculated?
Must be clarified with Camskill yet.
Whether it is always a certain amount, or depending on the sum
that is transferred?

Beastlee
17-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Kenan, the only way you can guarantee that the UK bank account recieves the right money is to get you r bank to pay it in £. I just sent £6500 back to the UK and despite them telling me it would be £5600 only £5400 arrived! This is partly due to the exhange rate going up 2c for the two days it took for the transfer (no surprise the day after it dropped back 3c the very next day!) and partly due to hidden charges. How did you determine exactly how much you needed to transfer? It may be the exchange rate went against you for hte time it took to transfer the funds.

I'm about to buy from Camskill for front discs and pads as well as a clutch and some other parts, I'll let you know what they claim will be my postage. Mike who you dealt with knows me and is normally great to deal with. As I have to speak to him to place my orders (I get the VAT off) I'll ask him about the situation if you want.

Kenan
17-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Beastlee,
then i must tell my Bank that they must transfer GBP ???
This is crazy, my Order total is 168,42 GBP i transfer 193,69 € which is 169,50 GBP.
and arrived is £156.34 which is £12.08 short.

Tht means,that i must pay +12 GBP extra everytime when i order parts ????

@ Beastlee You can ask him if you like

Beastlee
17-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Kenan, how did you determine what the price in €? You would need to know the exchange rate of their bank at the time the money arrives not when you send it. Even if you know what it is when you send it the rate can change before it arrives. Given the amount you say is still to pay though this sounds like a charge of £12 and £0.08 may be the difference in the exchange rate. UK banks will charge to recieve €, your bank will charge you to send £s to the UK but at least you know how much the seller will get.
This is a difficulty with paying money to the UK, I am thankful I have UK and DE accounts to reduce the problems. Be thankful it's £12, I just lost £200 giving myself some money! I should have withdrawn it at the bank in DE and carried it with me back to the UK.

Kenan
18-09-2011, 11:25 AM
example : when i look to the exchange kurs today, so i must transfer for the 12 GBP 13,7329€.
But i must pay more that i can be sure that it is enough.
I think i pay 20€ tomorrow and hope that is enough !
Because i dont know when the money arrives in GB and how much is the price of the 12 GBP ??
Perhaps i pay too much,but I am not a trained banker

Beastlee
18-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Kenan, where are you getting the exchange rate from? You can't go with the market rate as banks always change this. The problem you have is that if you transfer it in € Camskill will be charged £12 again to convert it to £, assuming that is what happened with the first payment. You must instruct your bank to pay it in £ and pay the charge at your bank.

horndog
18-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Is it worth asking Camskill if they have a paypal account - Dont they handle euro transactions straight away?

Beastlee
18-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Marc, you're right. Paypal lets you send money in the currency you want them to have, it is immediate so you know what rate it's at and you can opt to pay any fees for exchange. Not sure if Camskill have one though, worth a try.

Kenan
18-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok so i must tell this in my Bank,and they should transfer GBP

Camskill dont have PayPal, that would make some things easier

Kenan
23-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Today i have become the bill from my Bank.
I have pay about 50€ which is 43 GBP and this for 12 GBP Bankcharges.
This makes shopping by Camskill expensive .

zentac
24-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Ive been using camskill now for 14 years and only ever had superb service from them, I use them every couple of months.

Wodjno
24-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Ive been using camskill now for 14 years and only ever had superb service from them, I use them every couple of months.

Can't agree with you more Richard :smoking:

pezza
26-09-2011, 09:41 AM
I too have never had any problems with them with parts or tyres. They have always gone that extra mile esp if in need of anything urgent (ie next day), or cross referencing parts numbers, advice on parts etc. On some occassions even calling me back to let me know if my order was successful or in some cases to advise that goods were sent out via courier if my carriage worked out cheaper that way. I have been using them since about 2004 I think.

funkstardelux
29-09-2011, 09:18 AM
have to say after my intial rant about them they have been good ..alas the poor guy is abroad and sending money etc through bank is a rip off..i should know i worked for a bank for 4 years

Beastlee
06-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Ordered front discs for the VR4 as well as rocker cover gasket, half moon rocker insert and clutch for the RVR on Thursday. Sent out Tuesday as they had to wait for the clutch kit to come in and it is here in Germany today, total cost to me £240. Can't fault that at all.

gallvr4
09-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Ordered front discs for the VR4 as well as rocker cover gasket, half moon rocker insert and clutch for the RVR on Thursday. Sent out Tuesday as they had to wait for the clutch kit to come in and it is here in Germany today, total cost to me £240. Can't fault that at all.

i had disks in nurburgring for ya lee.....but i had no contact from ya!!!

so i brough them home again

Beastlee
10-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Brendan, sorry, I did post up on the Nurburgring thread that I wasn't going and that I needed to let you know. With the crazy two weeks that ensued thanks to the seller scarpering with my deposit et al I completely forgot to PM you.

funkstardelux
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
well i shall eat my words from my first post..ordered some tyres yesterday before 3pm..delivered today 10am...AWESOME camskill

Nick Mann
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Glad they have got it right. I use them regularly and have not had any issue yet.

crazydriver81
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Same here. I am really impressed how quick they are. I had some tires last year, as well as the discs for my Brembos etc. It never took longer than a week from paying until the parts arrived in Germany. Only thing is that they could have implemented Paypal. This will cost some money but it's cheaper then the fees a bank charges (esp. for foreign customers).