PDA

View Full Version : Tein Cool Low Down Coilovers

VR4WGN
21-01-2010, 08:17 PM
well i purchased these off Adam Findlay a while ago and fitted them to the new VR4 yesterday and am dissapointed in the handeling!!

the GAB is a WAY better system of rigidness IMO and might take these out and replace them with the GAB's.

is there anyhting i could do or try with these before removing in aid to better the handeling?

the body roll is almost as bad a park ride designed to roll over,factory suspensio seemed to handle better aswell

leme know please if you think there may be something else that i could do to bette rit before changing it..

whatta waste of 25minutes lol,.........:bigcry:

bradc
21-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Do they have adjustable shocks? Set them to a harder setting.

The other option would be to get a suspension place to make stiffer springs for you, the Tein's just use a standard size.

VR4WGN
21-01-2010, 08:24 PM
theyr just coilovers i think,no stifness settings like the GAB's have.. so you reckon the springs could make the world of difference? but will they still be as effective as my good ole GAB's?? i love them ey....

scott.mohekey
21-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I had a set of these coilovers on my car for a week or two. Absolutely hated them.. they're way to soft and 'wavey'.. they make the car feel like a boat at sea.

VR4WGN
22-01-2010, 02:33 AM
I had a set of these coilovers on my car for a week or two. Absolutely hated them.. they're way to soft and 'wavey'.. they make the car feel like a boat at sea.

bang on the money there!!!! out they go then!!!! pieces of CRAP they are.. waste of money IMO

bradc
22-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Give them to me, I'll fix it :)

wintertidenz
22-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I'll take them too if Brad bails :P

Subaru ETA
22-01-2010, 05:21 AM
it sounds like the actual shocks are ****ed

bradc
22-01-2010, 07:07 AM
It could be the shocks too, but they may just need stronger springs.

Kenneth
22-01-2010, 07:42 AM
If they are "soft and wavy" then it sounds like shocks to me also.

VR4WGN
22-01-2010, 08:05 AM
too much hassle for me!! theyr up for sale,you can test drive them in the car before i remove them if you want.. theyr not stiff enough for my tastes and hard cornering.

mpau009
22-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Agreed.. I'v had Tanabes, these P.O.S, and the mystery pillow ball ones I have now.

With 4 people and luggage I was coming back from Hamilton on that road before the expressway was built. Every bump and the muffler put out sparks.. The back end felt way loose all the time, to the point where I was wondering if they were for a galant or something :(

Really they are only good for cosmetic purposes.

I was gutted, especially since so many people have had good experienced with other Tein models. Definately don't recommend./help

VR4WGN
22-01-2010, 07:08 PM
yea and majority say Tein is the best !!!! my C-arse!!!!!
ill flick them up for sale and chuck my GAB's in i think,bit bumpier but atleast i know it holds and is not going to make me sea sick!!

taupodrifta
22-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree as I have tein ajusties in mine and its a boat you cant corner hard or you feel like you gonna roll

Subaru ETA
23-01-2010, 07:54 AM
well i had teins in my str and they were excellent. i take it all you who say you hate the teins got them second hand? coz it just sounds like the ones you have have worn shocks... i know for a fact that mikes would be second hand as everything on his car is from trade me :p

Turbo_Steve
23-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I've had nothing but excellent experiences with Tein - the ones on my Evo are verging on being too hard!

I think this is either a bad model, a bad copy or they just need a decent service?

Also: Are these definitely for the legnum and not for the saloon?

scott.mohekey
23-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Steve, they're marketed as Super Wagon or some such. Definately for the legnum, but they're at the very bottom end of the Tein quality scale. Only adjustable height, no adjustment of the dampness?.

VR4WGN
23-01-2010, 06:50 PM
yea thats bang on ,i see adam is dodging this thread by a country mile!!
must have known something lol

ddarynpene
24-01-2010, 08:53 AM
interesting thread, iv got tein ha coilovers, they hard as a horses c**k on race day lol
not sure of the difrent types but theyre bloody hard lol

any pics??

VR4WGN
24-01-2010, 07:17 PM
no pics,the boys know what im talking about tho... ,yours are different

Adam.Findlay
24-01-2010, 11:36 PM
yea thats bang on ,i see adam is dodging this thread by a country mile!!
must have known something lol
Hey man i told you that they were not damper adjustable. only height adjustable, i told you the full name of the shock, not my faultyou did not research the product you were purchasing.
I am no expert on suspension so i just thought that the shocks were soft and suposed to be that way as they have no damper control i figured they were to lower the car withoutloosing any comfort, and i told you that the day i was txting you.
and quentin you cant winge to me man that diff you sold me was in horrible condition. the thread in the hub end of the half shafts was completly shot so i had to butcher my ayc shafts rendering them usless. so if i ever want ayc agian i have to buy new shafts AGAIN. dont complain about the quality of goods you receive when the ones you give out arent much better...

Adie
25-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I was wondering when that reply was going to pop up! lol

scott.mohekey
25-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I am no expert on suspension so i just thought that the shocks were soft and suposed to be that way as they have no damper control i figured they were to lower the car withoutloosing any comfort, and i told you that the day i was txting you.

I thought the same when I tried a set in mine. Either they're prone to losing 'stiffness' over time, or they'e just ****ty off the bat.

mpau009
25-01-2010, 12:35 AM
I thought the same when I tried a set in mine. Either they're prone to losing 'stiffness' over time, or they'e just ****ty off the bat.

Yeah i think that particular model is just ****, obviously there are plenty of good Tein ranges out there, but the Cool Low Down ones dont seem to deliver.

I am sure it is just a spring rate thing, as i had the old and new side by side when i was changing the out, and they are much softer. To be fair i think tein sell them as at the 'comfort' end of the spectrum.

VR4WGN
25-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Hey man i told you that they were not damper adjustable. only height adjustable, i told you the full name of the shock, not my faultyou did not research the product you were purchasing.
and quentin you cant winge to me man that diff you sold me was in horrible condition. the thread in the hub end of the half shafts was completly shot so i had to butcher my ayc shafts rendering them usless. so if i ever want ayc agian i have to buy new shafts AGAIN. dont complain about the quality of goods you receive when the ones you give out arent much better...
:thinking2

:bulb: ah a thort,why did i not hear back form you about any problem regarding a thread that is damaged or even a picture?? i turned the bolts on with my HAND too
:bulb: ah another.. the diff was in horrible condition? really? how so? did you expect a polished diff head did you? again i heard no come back form you re this either.
:bulb: ah another another how is it you butchered your ayc shafts? dont you simply rmove the cup and put it on the new shaft and clamp it sealed again?/boxing
and also i dont know ANYONE that would sell their old AYC shafts.. they get thrown away by aL the wreckers here aswell as i dumped 5 sets the other month!,just ask and you couldv had some.

on the other hand i however sent you repettetive emails and txts re the condition of the shocks you sent me and you chose to ignore me.
the casings need blasting and re-sprayin.
the rings need de-Calciding bath and a buff. if ican get them loosened..
the sleeves are all perished and in Broken condition.
the the rear inner rubber mounts are beyond perished

now i have to try recoup my money on these items and know that theyr not worth anyhting now and will lose money...because YOU FAILED to inform me of the true condition of these items..

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44013&highlight=tein

research? heres some Research.. oh and woops look you idnt reply to that either,thats 3 types of contact i tried making with you re the condition, ithink i even have the emials still.

lastly you know how my name is spelt so Get it Rite!!:bobby2:

clean is clean in my eyes

mpau009
25-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Thread closed. Cant see this going anywhere new. Any trading issues need to be addressed between the buyer and seller, definately not the role of the forum.

General feedback on this model of suspension is that people are better off buying something else...