PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Brembo setup for pfl

pbaron
25-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I have been battling with the Evo 5 Brembo's I fitted to my Super for the last 4 weeks trying to get them to stop squealing. I have about had enough and if someone in NZ is interested I will flick them on and put the factory items back on with some decent pads and rotors.

Evo 5 Brembo calipers front and rear. New pads in front that squeal bad, also have the set that came with the calipers, heaps of meat on them and they only squeal annoyingly. Rear calipers have good pads with heaps left on them. No leaking seals on any of the calipers.

Standard Evo 5 rotors front and rear. Fronts were machined in a effort to eliminate the squeal but were in good condition standard thickness prior to this. Rear rotors good standard thickness.

Genuine Evo Brembo bolts and washers for securing the calipers.

Pair of facelift front carriers complete with ABS sensors. Needed if fitting to a pre facelift Legnum or Galant.

Set of Evo 6 rims with new 235x45x17 rubber. Rims have some curbing but run true.

Calipers with pads and factory rear brake lines: $800
Rotors, front and rear: $250
Bolt and washer set: $50 (half new price)
Facelift carriers with ABS sensors: $250
Evo 6 rims with tyres, needed to clear the Brembo's: $600

Negotiable to some extent but the total price of all the components is less than what I paid. Prefer pickup in Wellington/Hutt Valley.

Cheers

Gly
25-01-2010, 09:54 AM
what pads??
and do you have the metal anti-squeal shims fitted??

i have standard brembo pads that don't squeal

ive never had issues with any pads I've used
brembo/ebc/endless

Goku
25-01-2010, 10:39 AM
^^ That's just what I was thinking

If it has the metal shims, and they are put in facing the right way, then the brakes basically never squeal.

pbaron
25-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Premium TRW pads with a set of genuine anti-squeal shims fitted correctly.

Standard brembo pads from the dealer $670 +GST, forget that.

Was considering a set of Mintex 1166 pads from BNT for $275 ish, but concerned I would be throwing good money after bad.

I have had the pads out and back in a dozen times. Tried them clean, tried them with copper slip between shims and pad and shims and pistons, tried them with CRC spray on anti squeal spray on glue crap. They only quieten down for a short time then start up again.

what pads??
and do you have the metal anti-squeal shims fitted??

i have standard brembo pads that don't squeal

ive never had issues with any pads I've used
brembo/ebc/endless

MPBVr4
25-01-2010, 12:07 PM
In my days of VR4 ownership with Brembo calipers I had Carbotech XP8 pads for a couple of weeks but they squealed so much I took them off and fitted Mintex MDB2592. Not expensive cost about £30.00 (UK money). Also used by EVO owners.
They were then silent, low dust and OK for fast road use.

AlanDITD
25-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I had the carbotechs and never had any brake squeal!

White Lightning
25-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I had the carbotechs and never had any brake squeal!

But was that with Brembo calipers?

Davezj
25-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I have been battling with the Evo 5 Brembo's I fitted to my Super for the last 4 weeks trying to get them to stop squealing. I have about had enough and if someone in NZ is interested I will flick them on and put the factory items back on with some decent pads and rotors.

Evo 5 Brembo calipers front and rear. New pads in front that squeal bad, also have the set that came with the calipers, heaps of meat on them and they only squeal annoyingly. Rear calipers have good pads with heaps left on them. No leaking seals on any of the calipers.

Standard Evo 5 rotors front and rear. Fronts were machined in a effort to eliminate the squeal but were in good condition standard thickness prior to this. Rear rotors good standard thickness.

Genuine Evo Brembo bolts and washers for securing the calipers.

Pair of facelift front carriers complete with ABS sensors. Needed if fitting to a pre facelift Legnum or Galant.

Set of Evo 6 rims with new 235x45x17 rubber. Rims have some curbing but run true.

Calipers with pads and factory rear brake lines: $800
Rotors, front and rear: $250
Bolt and washer set: $50 (half new price)
Facelift carriers with ABS sensors: $250
Evo 6 rims with tyres, needed to clear the Brembo's: $600

Negotiable to some extent but the total price of all the components is less than what I paid. Prefer pickup in Wellington/Hutt Valley.

Cheers

i know it is a daft question but are the callipers fitted the corret way round, bleed nipples at the top?
sorry if that question is a granny sucking eggs, but i have to ask these things as i have seen it done, but not with brembos.