PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a set of old hard oil and water lines for the stock TD03s?

Jesus-Ninja
25-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I'd like to get some braided items made up, so would look to use these as a guide. Alternatively, does anyone supply them off the shelf?

Does we know if the fittings are the same on the TD04s? Part of this excercise is to futureproof myself too. The tubs have got to come off to get at the manifolds for something else I'm doing, but whilst I'm there, it makes sense to make refitting as easy as possible!

Gowf
25-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Yep the fittings are exactly the same, turbo dependant.... as there are a fair few types of the inner core so i couldnt speak for each of them.

The only issue you'l have is with the oil drains if you wish to use the existing style of fitment

Jesus-Ninja
25-01-2010, 07:46 PM
umm, OK, so we're saying that if I replace my stock hard pipes with flexible ones, I won't have to change them again when I go to scooby TD04s?

Nick Mann
25-01-2010, 08:45 PM
The banjo bolts are a different thread. The rear oil return can be convinced into place. The scooby uses a couple of short flared tubes for the water lines, so flexis will be easy.

I have the pipes you want and scooby TDO4's on a pair of manifolds if you want to come and spend an afternoon here!