PDA

View Full Version : Some info needed on the Apple ipod touch.

aboo
27-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm getting one of these for my oldest sons 10th birthday on Thursday.

Question is where is the best sites to download the music, films & games.

Dont know much about mp3 players as I'v never needed one.

Cheers in advance

Johnny_Cashed
27-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Download legally? iTunes store is set up for apple ipods I suppose, otherwise download the mp3s and the iTunes computer application should automatically convert them so they're playable on the ipod.

scott.mohekey
27-01-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this, but unless you've unlocked your ipod, you can't put apps and games on it unless you get them via itunes. As Johnny says, for music, you just import mp3s into the itunes app and it will put them on for you.

Beastlee
27-01-2010, 08:15 AM
smohkey the ipod touch has everything an iphone has except the telephone. Aboo, I'll send you over some details later, I'm a bit of an iPhone/iPod Touch fanboy and can give you lots of info.

scott.mohekey
27-01-2010, 09:57 AM
smohkey the ipod touch has everything an iphone has except the telephone.

I never said otherwise. I just said that you can't put apps onto it without itunes unless its unlocked. Again, I'm not 100% sure of this.

orionn2o
27-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I use amazon and we7 for legal music downloads.. they can be a bit cheaper than itunes.. and the mazone app will directly put new downloads into itunes for you

andydckent
27-01-2010, 01:02 PM
iTunes application would be the easiest option.

You can import your CD's into it, download music from the iTunes store and drag and drop any other MP3s (or similar files) into it.

ianturbo
27-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Itunes ,or look for blackra1n on you tube .
ian

kinger
27-01-2010, 05:05 PM
If you start an iTunes account (just to get the library) then burn your cd's to it then just plug your iPod in to it and sync it. it does mean you still have to buy cd's. I must admit i buy all my music from iTunes.
As for film's you can also buy them from iTunes or you can do a google search for something called "handbreak" then down load that for free, then you can copy your dvd's and add them to your iTunes library. its quite simple but if you go down the road of "handbreak" and get stuck give me a pm.
I'll give you my number its easier to talk about it then type.
As for the apps i know you can get the iPod/iPhone chipped so you can download them all for fee, I know someone who does it not sure on the cost.
Im a apple nut, have lap top, iPod, shuffle and iPhone just ordered my new Alpine IXA-W407 head unit to go with my iPhone!! look it up on youtube its amazing!!

ANTHONY
27-01-2010, 05:19 PM
smohkey the ipod touch has everything an iphone has except the telephone..and no camera

aboo
27-01-2010, 07:41 PM
smohkey the ipod touch has everything an iphone has except the telephone. Aboo, I'll send you over some details later, I'm a bit of an iPhone/iPod Touch fanboy and can give you lots of info.That would be great Lee.

aboo
29-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Need some help with this cant get the bloody thing to work. Dont know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm downloading itunes then pluging the ipod in & nothing is happening.

Been at it since 6pm with a little voice going is it done yet dady over & over again till I got him to go to his bed at 10pm .

Atik
29-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Try a laptop/PC restart. I recently reinstalled my laptop and found that iTunes needed a fresh restart to recognise my iPhone

John TheAntique
29-01-2010, 01:36 AM
I've put about 200 of my favorite LP's on mine.

aboo
29-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Got it going at last. Thanks Guys.