PDA

View Full Version : Stock Airbox/intake and Power windows.

GoldenDragoon
27-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey guys..

Just got myself a Legnum and have two problems I would like to look into...

1st is the aftermarket pod filter installed in place of the standard intake and airbox. This is an illegal mod here in Australia so I need to get the standard setup back on it and then look into fitting a pod filter inside that. I haven't had any luck finding an online store for the VR4's or even on Ebay. Anyone know of an online shop that stocks parts for these or could even help me getting one to suit the 2.5l turbo motor?

2nd is the window control system. Having gone from 2 windows to 4 means it takes ages to wind all the windows up when parking. I took the oportunity to fit a window rasing system with the alarm that just got fittied but found out that the system is digital and not analog so the alarm add on could not operate the windows. Anyone know of a way around this? i was thinking of just hard wiring to all four window switches in some way that keeps them a seperate circuit as with my old Mitsu the windows work up to 30sec after ignition is switched off. Maybe I could even increase this time to reduce the rush to get out and hit the alarm button. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

bradc
27-01-2010, 08:09 AM
From factory all 4 windows are auto up and down, the Aussie's disable that for some strange reason! Buying an unmodified unit would get your windows going properly again.

peter thomson
27-01-2010, 08:34 AM
They are listed here but it's worth checking with a dealer for there price as these guys are expensive

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=4&car=71&middlesmall=&maker=&volkey=

mattnz
27-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Might wanna check OZVR4 for more local dudes with parts.

peter thomson
27-01-2010, 10:10 AM
He is already on there as well:)

Ryan
27-01-2010, 10:34 AM
A pod filter is illegal in Australia??? :huh:

GoldenDragoon
27-01-2010, 01:13 PM
From factory all 4 windows are auto up and down, the Aussie's disable that for some strange reason! Buying an unmodified unit would get your windows going properly again.

Nah the windows don't have the auto feature but that is not the problem. The add on for the alarm can't command the windows to raise as the window system is digital. What I need is a way around it so the alarm can raise the windows.

elnevio
27-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Nah the windows don't have the auto feature but that is not the problem. The add on for the alarm can't command the windows to raise as the window system is digital. What I need is a way around it so the alarm can raise the windows.
The auto feature would fix that!

GoldenDragoon
27-01-2010, 05:47 PM
The auto feature would fix that!

Ok so ALL the window switchs on the drivers door are auto? If thats the case then restoring that function would be all I need. It seems the microwave sensor dose an good job of keeping fingers out of an open window anyway. So what part do I need to replace to get the "auto" windows back? I assume it is some sort of control unit?

Actually while I'm asking about this are the stock mirrors for the car convex both sides? I would love to get the standard mirrors if that is the case.

Atik
27-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Yep, the drivers door panel buttons are all auto. BUT each individual door isnt. The passengers have to hold to go up/down.

The mirrors on my VR4 are plain flat glass. No convex part on the sides to aid with the blindspot. I have fixed additional small round blindspot mirrors instead.

Subaru ETA
28-01-2010, 03:17 AM
the reason they pull the auto feature out in the oz cars is a "saftey" thing. the govt over there obviously thinks that ozzys are too stupid to realise when there limbs are getting crushed by the window!

Ryan
28-01-2010, 03:30 AM
I'd still like to know why a pod filter in this particular application, is illegal?

bradc
28-01-2010, 07:43 AM
The government in Aussie beleives that air intake mods will make the car produce more co2 and other bad stuff.

GoldenDragoon
28-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I'd still like to know why a pod filter in this particular application, is illegal?

God knows why but I know its an instant defect if a cop lifts the bonnet. I believe that a pod inside of the standard intake will be better anyway as it will draw cold air through a slightly lower performance filter vs warm air through a good filter. In the end they should work the same except that one is illegal here in oz and the other is not.

Funny about the window auto. my delica has auto drivers window function still enabled. So what part do I need to replace to get auto back? If its some sort of box then that should be easy and I can hook up a bunch of relays to operate the auto function on each switch in the drivers door and then I will have what I want in both ways.

Confused
28-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Actually, you'll probably find that the car will work better with a standard panel filter, rather than a pod filter.

The MAF is very sensitive, and some pod filters can disrupt the flow of air, causing it to misread.

bradc
28-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Indeed, don't go with a pod at all

VR4WGN
28-01-2010, 06:27 PM
i agree aswel with the removal of the POD,ge tthe factory Airbox and get yourself an HKS Hybrid Panel Air Filter.. love it and will never ever run a pod ever again.

if you want a window winder unit and a factory airbox and a filter i cn supply you all these,i have a shipment of 2 factory airboxes comming in but i know they ont last long at all
just pm me
~Q~

Subaru ETA
29-01-2010, 02:16 AM
dont they just do something to the switch? i think i remember reading something about it on ozvr4

GoldenDragoon
31-01-2010, 11:09 AM
i agree aswel with the removal of the POD,ge tthe factory Airbox and get yourself an HKS Hybrid Panel Air Filter.. love it and will never ever run a pod ever again.

if you want a window winder unit and a factory airbox and a filter i cn supply you all these,i have a shipment of 2 factory airboxes comming in but i know they ont last long at all
just pm me
~Q~

Sounds good....

I have attached a pic of the engine bay so you can see what I have and what I need (be aware that I don't have any of the bolts or nuts to secure it either as this is excactly how I bought it). I also want the part number for the filter so I can chase up the HKS panel unless you have this too?

Also you have the drivers door control panel as well? I believe this will give me auto back if its in factory condition. It needs to be black to match interior.

If you have all that consider it sold.