PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Taupo Track 2 - Friday 26th Feb

fuel
28-01-2010, 05:46 AM
hey guys just putting out the word that there's some spare spots to fill for an up and coming trackday www.oldschool.co.nz are running.

The price will be $135 for the full day.

The car will need to have a WOF (or be up to WOF standards), and you will need a helmet and overalls to drive on the track.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,
Phil

fuel
28-01-2010, 09:37 AM
More info here - http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/?p=2833 (with a sweet pic showing my car!)

and the original thread on oldschool here - http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20664&start=0

Ryan
28-01-2010, 09:58 AM
The car will need to have a WOF (or be up to WOF standards)...

What exactly does that mean Phil? :huh:

CANDEE
28-01-2010, 10:05 AM
What exactly does that mean Phil? :huh:
Ryan it means that the car should either have a WOF or is in such a condition that it would be able to get a WOD if it doesnt. :)

J

fuel
28-01-2010, 11:58 AM
yeah there's some dedicated track cars out there with no WOF's which occasionally turn up to our track days.

basically it is saying don't turn up to our track day with bald tyres, missing radiator overflow bottle, brake pads at their limit etc.. given that each car will be scrutinized it's just to minimise the chances of you being told to take your car elsewhere.

Kitten
30-01-2010, 03:32 AM
So so tempted, but don't have any money right this instant

When do entries have to be in? Depends on if I find a flatmate or not.

Ryan
30-01-2010, 07:19 AM
yeah there's some dedicated track cars out there with no WOF's which occasionally turn up to our track days.

basically it is saying don't turn up to our track day with bald tyres, missing radiator overflow bottle, brake pads at their limit etc.. given that each car will be scrutinized it's just to minimise the chances of you being told to take your car elsewhere.

Ahhh, okay... thanks :)

fuel
31-01-2010, 12:44 AM
hey Jasmine there isn't really a cut off date as such but we need to fill spots fast or risk losing out on the trackday altogether, as Taupo management have now changed their terms that they require full payment early up front as this wasn't the case for previous track days we have run. I'd say in the next week or two would be the limit.

Kitten
31-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok, unfortunately I can't say for sure until I get a flatmate in...

Sorry!

fuel
06-02-2010, 12:52 PM
bump, any others by chance keen and want to take their car out for a blat?