PDA

View Full Version : Galant VR4 breaking on ebay

Louis
16-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Hi Guys,
I saw this and thought that some of you might be interested, there's a bloke breaking a 1998 Galant VR4, Black, with front end damage the Item number is : 2484286635 and there is 3 days and 14 hours to go ( ends 2 O'clock on Monday approx. cheers Louis :)

Big Ian
17-07-2004, 12:02 AM
it's been posted allready.. :p

ritch_w
17-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Louis have you found a VR4 yet?

i see there is a legnum in kilmarnock for sale - search autotrader

cheers

ritch

Louis
17-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Louis have you found a VR4 yet?

i see there is a legnum in kilmarnock for sale - search autotrader

cheers

ritch

Hi there,
Yeah, I went and saw the one in Kilmarnock and bought it on the 6th of July last week. :D
I had seen a few but wasn't totally happy with them.(they were either a bit trashed or didn't have all the options that I was looking for on them.
The one I've got is a Legnum VR4 Trigger mauve,(exactly what I was looking for) it's a 1998 (280bhp) with 65,000 miles, two owners, one japanese and one UK, full Japanese service history and full mitsubishi dealer service history, every 4,500 miles, last service was 900 miles ago, timing belt done last year, really well looked after, with absolutely no aftermarket bits, only modification is a blaupunkt cd head unit, full mot and 6 months tax :-D
It's got the backlit dash and switchable traction control, oh yeah it's an auto triptronic, which is fun when you get used to it.
I've been doing a bit of foot on the floor round and round roundabouts to see how grippy it is with the AYC, I'm quite impressed, and when it does let go it goes into a four wheel drift, ( the back end doesn't break out on it's own )
I will be making some modifications, but not too many, too soon, I having a lot of fun getting used to it.
I was going to import one myself, but the laws on imports changed in April this year, and it makes it much more difficult to get one through, I spoke to a couple of trade importers who said they would not be bringing any Legnums in unless specifically asked for,(they used to pick up a selection of cars with cars they bought to order), the new SVA is much more hassle, e.g. the remote locking radio frequency has to be changed to a UK spec, which means taking out the factory one and replacing it with an aftermarket unit and there are many other things to change now, just loads more hassle.
The old SVA was easy enough, it was just hassle getting things done when you wanted them.
What the dealers did say was that if you've got one now it should hold it's value pretty well as any that are brought in to the country now will be more expensive due to the higher cost of SVA ing the cars for this country, and again they will not be imported unless they have been asked for, no more spec buying by dealers, so if you don't have one it's going to be harder to find one!.

Anyway I've prattled on enough, If I can make it to Dumfries on the 21st, I will be there, and I think I might add my name to that list of de-cat pipes, I'm of out to play now cos it's still sunny, cheers Louis

Spirit
18-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the purchase Louis and glad to see you are having fun getting used to her.

What we need now are some pics posted up - oh and you can change your car info under your username from "Looking for a Legnum" now too ;)