PDA

View Full Version : European dipping headlights

Dream Weaver
29-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi all

I want to take my Legnum to France and get it registered there. To do that I need to get the headlights to dip the other way.

Has anyone any idea how this is done ?

Thanks

Nutter_John
29-01-2010, 11:51 PM
You should be able to get some V6 ones from germany which are perfectly set up for europe driving , give Beastlee a shout as he is out in Germany

bradc
30-01-2010, 06:44 AM
That would be my plan too, get some LHD headlights from a Euro country.

Dream Weaver
30-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks all. I just looked on EBAY.DE for mitsubishi galant Scheinwerfer and got quite a lot. But not sure if any of them fit the VR4.

psbarham
30-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks all. I just looked on EBAY.DE for mitsubishi galant Scheinwerfer and got quite a lot. But not sure if any of them fit the VR4.

all the 8g headlights are inter-changeable, so if it fits a german galant, it'll fit a jap legnum

Dream Weaver
30-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks !

Most of them post to the UK so its just a matter of making the speedo read KPH again (anyone got an original Japanese speedo sensor ?) and a fog light on the other side of the back bumper and its all good !

Thanks again, all. Much appreciated.

elnevio
30-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks !

Most of them post to the UK so its just a matter of making the speedo read KPH again (anyone got an original Japanese speedo sensor ?) and a fog light on the other side of the back bumper and its all good !

Thanks again, all. Much appreciated.
It should just be a case of removing the speedo converter from wherever it was installed, i.e. behind the dash clocks, or at the gearbox, I would have thought?

Dream Weaver
30-01-2010, 12:24 PM
It should just be a case of removing the speedo converter from wherever it was installed, i.e. behind the dash clocks, or at the gearbox, I would have thought?

Not 100% sure.

I think its at the gearbox end.

Someone on here is sure to know.

raph
30-01-2010, 05:08 PM
lookn 0n ebay.de new headlights lhd from 58 euros a piece , you will need the separte tunsignal as found on all eu and uk spec galants ( turnsignal in sepate housing)

link:

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=galant+scheinwerfer&_sacat=See-All-Categories

and the turn signals
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=galant+blinker&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_dmpt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%83%C2%B6r&_odkw=galant+scheinwerfer&_osacat=0

Beastlee
30-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Yep the ones on e-bay fit but quality isn't great. You'd be better off if you can find some 2nd hand genuine ones in good condition. As Raph says you will need the indicators too. These look good until you get up close then look untidy, I'd love to find some decent genuine ones.

Dream Weaver
30-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Yep the ones on e-bay fit but quality isn't great. You'd be better off if you can find some 2nd hand genuine ones in good condition. As Raph says you will need the indicators too. These look good until you get up close then look untidy, I'd love to find some decent genuine ones.

Thanks guys, I forgot the indicators !

I am not too worried about the quality because as soon as I have had had the CT done I'll probably be bringing it back to the UK for a while so will put the British ones back on.

Xenon
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Be aware that most LHD front light units are supposed to be equipped with an electrical beam height adjustment servo, which normally will NOT be part of delivery. So you'll get units without the servo and therefore NOT be able to adjust the beam manually.

Just a thought...

crazydriver81
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
@ Beastlee: don't you have a set of LHD Depo headlights for sale in nearer future? ;) ;)

Beastlee
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Stefan, I should do although the issue is that one has a cracked mount. Passed the last RWT though as the beam still points the right way.

I'm trying to dig the VR4 ones out but they're in the box at the botom of the pile and the rest of the garage is soaking wet.