PDA

View Full Version : 'Recalls' - in general

Physician
17-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I was at my local Mitsubishi dealership yesterday and learned something I didn't know.
I recollect reading a post somewhere on this forum (can't find it now) where someone asked about the possibility of his/her receiving a 'recall' letter because he wasn't 'registered' with a Mitsubishi dealer and therefore no-one would know he had a Galant.
Whilst waiting for a part I had ordered, the gorgeous receptionist asked if I had received a recall letter about the balljoints ........ I replied that I hadn't as Mitsubishi didn't officially know I had a Galant - nor my address etc etc.
I was then informed that this is all done by Mitsubishi contacting DVLA and getting a full listing of all owners and addresses etc. I'm sure many of you already knew this but for those who didn't ...........
She also entered my details on the Mitsubishi computer database for future info.

Richard

KiwiTT
17-07-2004, 08:52 PM
In NZ it worked this way. Mitsubishi sent the effected list of "Chassis" numbers to our LTSA, (your DVLA) and they cross-referenced with registration numbers and sent the letters "ordering" the cars off the road. The list of names was then returned to Mitsubishi who then sent letters to the car-owners about how to go about getting their cars fixed.

Not a bad system. Worked for "imports" as well.

Spirit
18-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Interesting info, thanks guys ;) I will await my recall in due course :(

Big Ian
18-07-2004, 01:03 AM
i aint got a VR4,i never recived a letter and i phoned the dealer to ask them..they booked my car in straight away!!
as my car was an irish import,(which aint much different to VR4'z)

what i'm saying is..maybe all owner's of "galant" import's to UK should make that call to the dealer?........

simpsonm
19-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi

Mine is due in for a service on 26th Aug. Just called my dealer who said this is an issue and will gladly take care of it at the service. Is this the same as the track rod end that is common on these motors? Is it dangerous?