PDA

View Full Version : Cracked windsceen , will I get the same replaced?

sharkie
04-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Disaster struck today ,got hit by something yesterday that made a small chip in the centre of the screen and was going to get it repaired today but this morning while driving cracks appeared on either side about 8" wide ,quite scary .
Luckily I am covered by my insurance ,looks like a replacement but my windscreen is tinted and with a greenish sunscreen tint , hope to get exactly the same replacement but worried I might not ,has anyone here had their windscreen replaced ?

miller
04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
yes there are a few of us, double check if your windscreen is the heated one plus your windscreen limit. IIRC the heated windscreen is near £900

Cheers

Mike

Atik
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
The screen you have is the original Jap spec screen. As far as I am aware, the UKDM cars had no sunscreen tint on the top. Depends on your insurance company but I'd ask specifically for the screen to be replaced with a proper Jap spec one, but you might be waiting a while for it while they source one!

I had a replacement UKDM screen in my car, which I wasnt happy about, but I managed to source a proper cold spec windscreen for £50 (less than the excess on windscreen replacement) and paid £35 for fitting from a local glass replacement place! That might actually be easier and a whole lot quicker and cost you about the same to do.

carlos-1975
04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
i do know of a heated screen for sale

orionn2o
04-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Just go to Autoglass. I did last year and you give em your policy details, pay the excess and they'll order you the green tinted screen.

It was completely pain free for me

elnevio
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Just go to Autoglass. I did last year and you give em your policy details, pay the excess and they'll order you the green tinted screen.

It was completely pain free for me
:iagree:

I had to have my warm-spec screen replaced.

I did enquire of the Mitsi price for the proper windscreen, and it was about £190, which I didn't think was bad, considering it's JDM-only!

sharkie
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys for all your help and advice .I,m coverered by Swift insurance who incidentally are good value and my fully comp will cover a screen replacement and not affect my no claims but I do have to go with their own recommended company ,not one of the big names but they will contact me tomorrow ,told them what I needed ,heated and green tint so hopefully that,s what i,ll get .let you know the outcome ,must say £190 from mitsubishi sounds unbelievable but true !

gazz
04-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I had mine done by autoglass and they supplied a tinted screen, infact they did a very good job, even removing the japanese stickers from the old and refitting them to the new screen!