PDA

View Full Version : launch control

AndyBaird85
05-02-2010, 03:59 PM
opinions on launch control? is it worth it? anyone on here using it? just a thought that came into my head

http://www.rspec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110&products_id=512

Nutter_John
05-02-2010, 04:02 PM
are you a manual or an auto ?

AndyBaird85
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
manual mate

Nutter_John
05-02-2010, 04:09 PM
I had it via the MAP2ecu , worked ok but you need to play around to get the right launch point for it to rev too . You also need to accept that by launching that you WILL brake something

Gowf
05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Totaly disagree john
If you launch properly you will not break something at all. You will wear your clutch, but youd do that without any control. If you bog down thats when your going to start snapping thingsl, if not you should be ok. You want it to just chirp the tyres and thats it. The MAP2's control wasnt the best, as it had to operate off a clutch switch, the far better way to do it is on road speed, i.e when your not moving its always on, then you can adjust your revs for particular speeds from there, thus using it as its intended as a traction control.

Basically if your not going down the strip then there is no need for it, although it does make for amusing traffic light races.

The Gismo one works in the same way as the MAP2's version, which will work, but its not as effective as a progressive system, but it does give you the flat **** potential that a progressive system would not, and so a separate flat shift function is needed. Although you do get all these things along with anti-lag in a standalone ecu