- North Road

Clevedon Meeting Place: Clevedon Carpark near Roundabout

- Clevedon Kawakawa Road

Kawakawa Meeting Place: Kawakawa Bay

- Kawakawa Orere Rd
- East Coast Road

SH2 Meeting place: Miranda Hot Springs

Route Map: t.b.c.

PS: Airtreks welcome - if they can keep up ;)

bradc
05-02-2010, 11:13 PM
plus one vote from me!

Subaru ETA
05-02-2010, 11:16 PM
march 6?

bow dn
05-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Could be keen once i have a date to go by so i can skive from

Adie
06-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Plus one but I have a wedding to attend on the weekend of the 6th so will need to be the following weekend.

fuel
06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
yeah could be keen

bCOiN
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
keen

Subaru ETA
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
keen if airtreks are allowed and work allows it

maori_by_nature
07-02-2010, 02:58 AM
could be keen just need a set date

Joanne
07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
There is a triathlon at Maraetai Beach on the 14th of March - so probably best to avoid the area that day, also a half ironman on the 20th with a bike course that goes around quite a bit of that area.

bradc
07-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Best to be the 6th then?

KiwiTT
07-02-2010, 09:27 PM
1) Can someone suggest some meeting places for the "t.b.c." in the first posts.
2) Can you do a Route Map ?

wintertidenz
07-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Keen, might even drag the missus along :P

bCOiN
08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
im keen as for the 6th ay

bCOiN
08-02-2010, 04:05 AM
oh and lets NOT meet up in greenlane again. that was sucky tryna find everyone after we gapped from greenlane. hectik!

well thats how i found it, dunno if anyone else had the same prob?

KiwiTT
08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
I am open for other places.

Subaru ETA
08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
im in - ill come show off airtrek power! im happy with greenlane...its 3 minutes up the road :p

bradc
08-02-2010, 09:37 AM
We could do a car park somewhere around Botany, maybe at the front of one of the schools or parks or something?

SquattingDog
10-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Keen if my car is back to me...

OnBoost!
10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Can't make it,will be in Christchurch on those dates.

Kenneth
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
my car may, or may not be in service by then.

KiwiTT
11-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Route roads added.

Please update your intentions.

Kitten
15-02-2010, 03:25 AM
Which food town where? I'm in.

KiwiTT
15-02-2010, 04:53 AM
It's actually Countdown, Greenlane ;)

But I would prefer a less busy meeting place, so I am open to other suggestions.

Kitten
15-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Ah, just down the road from me :)

KiwiTT
15-02-2010, 08:14 PM
And I'll have my exhaust in :D

SquattingDog
16-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Can't make it, my car will still be in a workshop in Hamilton at that time...Will be keen to tag with Sodge or whoever if anyone living out East Tamaki way is going :D

maori_by_nature
17-02-2010, 05:17 AM
not 2 sure atm it'l b up n the air till the day due 2 muni so i havent voted....

sodge
17-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Can't make it, my car will still be in a workshop in Hamilton at that time...Will be keen to tag with Sodge or whoever if anyone living out East Tamaki way is going :D

At this stage I'm not going to be able to make it sorry, will let you know if that changes closer to the date.

SquattingDog
20-02-2010, 09:38 AM
At this stage I'm not going to be able to make it sorry, will let you know if that changes closer to the date.

All good, that counts me out too then :/

KiwiTT
20-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Quite a few have dropped out, now. Is it still worth having ?!?!

If not I will get a Moderator to cancel the event.

maori_by_nature
22-02-2010, 05:19 AM
or wat about change'n dates???

SquattingDog
22-02-2010, 10:34 AM
change of dates suits me

KiwiTT
22-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I have aksed a mod to cancel this meet.

We'll try again for April.

Gly
23-02-2010, 03:26 AM
whats the point? clubvr4 NZ only really exists in forum form these days,
not many if any events,

those that do get organised usually end up like this, cancelled due to low numbers.

mostly is just the usual suspects + a couple of new people at most.
and even most of us just have other real life commitments and cant get together at the same time,

lets face it, clubvr4 nz is dying a slow death.
and there is nothing being done to promote the club or new memberships.

this NZ club really offers nothing you cant get elsewhere for free,

(not having a go at the commitee just voicing my oppinion)

KiwiTT
23-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I thought I would give it a try as other regions seem to be able to organise events in their areas.

maori_by_nature
23-02-2010, 07:56 AM
on a side note u's remember that 1st city meet we had? that had a good turn out...

mabey we could try some thing like that but with a bbq or some thing? as money and car's being on the road seem 2 be an issuse mabey we can still meet as a club 4 a bbq without having to go 4 a drive ,for a catch up and stuff....? i'm sure we can still b vr i duno jst a thought?

fuel
23-02-2010, 10:56 AM

100% agree.

Subaru ETA
23-02-2010, 11:09 AM
whats the point? clubvr4 NZ only really exists in forum form these days,
not many if any events,

those that do get organised usually end up like this, cancelled due to low numbers.

mostly is just the usual suspects + a couple of new people at most.
and even most of us just have other real life commitments and cant get together at the same time,

lets face it, clubvr4 nz is dying a slow death.
and there is nothing being done to promote the club or new memberships.

i agree fully

fuel
23-02-2010, 11:16 AM
it happened to NZMMC, which I'm sure Gly knows all about :P

bradc
23-02-2010, 07:11 PM
The main problem is that we always try and get all members to come along and then the meets sometimes get cancelled or never organised in the first place.

KiwiTT
23-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Meets are a good thing. But going for drives is what makes having a VR-4 worthwhile and driving with many other like minded people is great.

Gly
23-02-2010, 10:20 PM
drives dont really interest me, i can do that any time.

its actual events and getting out there and participating that this clubs missing,
problem is that club vr4 nz has always wanted to go it alone,
but we're far to small to do it alone, for things such as dyno days, drag days, track days etc.

we need to get in on other clubs events, get the club known again.
actually be out there, and be seen... otherwise i dont see the club being anything more than completely forum based within the next year or so.

what are we really paying for on here anymore?? guides? access to a relitively unused members section, big whoop.

99% of this can be found free elsewere.

Kenneth
24-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Interesting time to bring it up.

We are just working on how much club funds we can allocate to meets (though we still need people to organise them!) and still have enough to pay for the hosting.

The figure at this stage is $600, but we are working on the regional allocation.

Anyway, feel free to organise an event and we can give it some (or a fair whack) of backing.

Ryan
24-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I think we have a lot of very new members who've never met each other before. I would suggest something social and inexpensive where we can all meet and greet and get to know each other a little better - at least initially.

I notice the south island "chapter" seem to hold regular pool evenings. Perhaps a similar type of event could be planned for the Auckland based members?

Just a thought... Use it / don't use it :)

fuel
24-02-2010, 10:23 AM
what about track days? we at oldschool.co.nz hold regular trackdays and we even have an annual (or somtimes bi-annual) nationals meeting which spans over three days - in fact we are having our nationals this weekend coming up. I've been there since the early days and the forum really has grown but we didn't really have any social events until a few years ago, and we found regular track days really brought the club in closer.

just my thoughts.

fuel
24-02-2010, 10:30 AM
also I should mention membership is totally free on our forum (and just about every other forum I am on), but we do rely on donations to help with costs of running the club, but as an upside of holding regular trackdays we are able to make a little bit of money each time to go towards club costs.

we had a separate section of the forum which was kind of invite only, whoever was deemed worthy enough was able to post in that sub-forum, but it didn't take long for things to get out of hand and if anything having a separate tier to everyone else was driving people away.

As gly summed it up well, if they can't find info they are after in the non-paid areas they are just going to look elsewhere - personally myself I don't feel the need to be a paid member and I probably wont intend on doing so either, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to interact with the club and participate in events and activities.

Ryan
24-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Each to their own Fuel, personally I don't mind paying for access to this Club. It's how it has been run since (I don't know when) and $30 a year is hardly a bank-breaker.

My $30 is in effect, a donation as well in the sense that it contributes towards the Club's running costs.

I have met a lot of very cool people on this forum - some in person, some I have yet to meet.

That said, I won't refuse to associate with non-paid up members as many of them contribute, or have done, a lot to this site which also serves the Common Good.

In conclusion, I guess I don't have much technical knowledge (in cars) to offer, so I contribute financially :)

miller
24-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Its all very well trying to compare a model specific club to a general car club. The difference is light and day.

Subaru ETA
24-02-2010, 10:32 PM
what about track days? we at oldschool.co.nz hold regular trackdays and we even have an annual (or somtimes bi-annual) nationals meeting which spans over three days - in fact we are having our nationals this weekend coming up. I've been there since the early days and the forum really has grown but we didn't really have any social events until a few years ago, and we found regular track days really brought the club in closer.

just my thoughts.

problem with tack days around here - everyone is keen as so someone goes off and gets info on it. then they post the prices up and then wow...no one is interested anymore.

dyno days are good - not THAT expensive and there is some compition to see who can get the higest figures. thing is, if you have been on one then you probably are not going to spend anymore on another unless you have done work on your car.

as carsten said - when a meet is organised it just turns out to be a usual suspects get together anyway

Gly
25-02-2010, 12:16 AM
well when you compare a track day thru playday vs a dyno day,
prices arnt that different, only about $40,

the whole track day is to expensive is a cop out IMO,
it doesnt have to be exclusive cvr4,

problem is theres to much choice, everyone wants different days,
you cant cater for everyone.

and theres far to much forward planning,
meets should be organised, 1 date set, maybe 2 weeks in advance, (for non track/dyno days which do need more time and money invested)

not lets have a poll and chat about when where what etc.
and then pull out coz what evers come up in the month or more that its been originally chatted about.

Gly
25-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Its all very well trying to compare a model specific club to a general car club. The difference is light and day.

well actually MMC.org was a mitsubishi club only brand specific,
and they have ended up only living in forum form now,

they did do well up until a couple of years ago.

KiwiTT
25-02-2010, 12:28 AM
and theres far to much forward planning,
meets should be organised, 1 date set, maybe 2 weeks in advance, (for non track/dyno days which do need more time and money invested)

not lets have a poll and chat about when where what etc.
and then pull out coz what evers come up in the month or more that its been originally chatted about.Yeah ... but if we organise an event that hardly anyone comes to then the Club is out of pocket.

Gly
25-02-2010, 12:37 AM
not really, have you not got my point of it doesnt have to be just club vr4?

the club doesnt need to front cash for a dyno day/ track day,

play day events each member who goes can pay for themselves,
maybe put on a BBQ, and prize for the fastest track lap for paying members not alot really?

maybe a BBQ at a drive event, but that can be bought on the day/before to cater for confirmed numbers.

KiwiTT
25-02-2010, 12:51 AM
All I wanted was a simple get together and a drive ... and look how that turned out. I agree, we could go to track days when other clubs. But again we still need people to show some commitment, hence the poll and the chat.

I once organised a meet an only 2 cars turned up (me and one other) ... very disheartening. So you can understand my cautiousness now.

wintertidenz
25-02-2010, 01:09 AM
How about a meet gets set up that people know will always be on, eg. meet at McD's Greenlane on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of each month? Then the newcomers can turn up, and hopefully some of the regulars will be able to as well.

KiwiTT
25-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Now that is an idea ... I like.

However, I would much prefer a quieter/nicer place. ... thoughts !

OnBoost!
25-02-2010, 02:57 AM
How about a meet gets set up that people know will always be on, eg. meet at McD's Greenlane on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday of each month? Then the newcomers can turn up, and hopefully some of the regulars will be able to as well.

Yeah I agree,good idea. Will be good for new members to meet others and have a chat etc. Imo a less busy place might be better.

KiwiTT
25-02-2010, 05:35 AM
There was that place on the North Shore near North Harbour Stadium I think ?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=&vps=1&jsv=208a&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.226656,82.001953&ie=UTF8&geocode=Famrz_0dGMlpCg&split=0

Joanne
25-02-2010, 09:11 PM
You're thinking of the reserve off Oteha Valley Road. I think there may be markets there some weekends, but that could be an option. Somewhere more central would be good though as people will be (hopefully) coming from all over Auckland.

wintertidenz
25-02-2010, 09:56 PM
How about Cornwall Park, in one of the carparks?

KiwiTT
25-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Cornwall Park is too busy. Prefer a less popular park

bCOiN
26-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Why'd it get cancelled?

Subaru ETA
26-02-2010, 04:20 AM
not enough interest