PDA

View Full Version : Xenons

VR4Kaos
06-02-2010, 05:31 PM
just orderd me some xenon's hope to arrive by tuesday fitted on wednesday beaming on thurday and friday lol/bounce

VR4Kaos
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
has any one else got zenons on there vr4

Turbo_Steve
06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
HIDs or Xenon filmaent bulbs? They're not the same thing!

If you're talking HIDs then I have had them, and had to remove them for the MOT: getting the beam pattern right can be extremely extremely tricky.

Best of luck with it, but most people end up removing them or fitting a set of projectors.

VR4Kaos
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
thanks for the reply they are the xenon gas ones m8 miss spelt it on post my spelling is not very good sorry

VR4Kaos
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
they only tempery i think i will get angeleyes eventuly just need to sorse a supplyer

VR4Kaos
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
btw what do u mean by progectors

scc
06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I had mot issues too! But bought some replacement hid bulbs from hids4u and for the past 3 years I've not had a problem with the beam pattern, and mot passed with brilliant lights!

Cheers
scc

Turbo_Steve
06-02-2010, 10:36 PM
So you mean HIDs (High Intensity Discharge) lights with seperate ballasts and gas-discharge arc envelopes, rather than tungsten bulbs filled with Xenon gas?

Projectors are....projectors? Basically another set of lenses inside the headlights.

SCC - really? What was different about the envelopes (they're not bulbs)?

scc
07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
You'll have to ask specifically for the H7R (envelopes - thanks)bulbs. Envelopes looked shorter. I installed 6000k ones which are diamond White with a tinge of electric blue. Best mod ever! Can see the road, keeps me awake at night drives, blinding flash and glow on startup, no more beam pattern mot failures, and gives the car more presence! Cost me 60-70 quid per bulb back then, and they are still going strong!

Cheers,
scc

VR4Kaos
07-02-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah i mean them ones with the seperate ballast good mod or bad ?

HMG1K
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Turbo_Steve & scc - interesting replies from you both and I've just checked out the HIDs4U website.

Am I right in thinking that in order to use the HR7 bulbs you need to have carried out an HID conversion too? That you can't use this bulb in the standard set up on the car?

I've currently got the Philips XtremePower H7s installed and they've made a massive difference over the standard fitted bulbs, coupled with a bigger battery too.

VR4Kaos
07-02-2010, 12:01 PM
i think they h7's and they come with the conversion kit ie gas pack

scc
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Am I right in thinking that in order to use the HR7 bulbs you need to have carried out an HID conversion too? That you can't use this bulb in the standard set up on the car?

Yep, separate ballasts required. Unlike the normal filament bulbs, there's hardly any heat spewing out from them!

Cheers,
scc

Turbo_Steve
07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Scc....you have a UK car, don't you?
It's worth noting that (IIRC) the UK glass headlamps actually have a different beam pattern from the Polycarb jap lights, which might explain your MOT pass.

My JDM headlighs and H7s were the closest darn thing I've seen to an MOT pass, but the sheer volume of scatter was just too much. The UK lenses have a fresnel pattern on the lens, which should collect a lot of that scatter and reduce it, or at least soften its effects.

I'm quite keen to try the H7Rs, but for the expenditure I might as well just pick up a set of projectors and fit them. Guranteed pass, no questions asked, then.

scc
07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
yep, uk spec.

cheers,
scc

VR4Kaos
07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
yeah your right scc beleive to be easy to fit do you have them on yours