PDA

View Full Version : Hello all...

Skylined
08-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Hailing from Syne Village, Penal, Trinidad

Searched around the internet a bit before I found this site, but here I am!

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum ST (4WD), unfortunately my little sister was using this car for a few years now.
Recently due to poor maintenance the timing belt broke and I needed a engine head for replacement parts,
After this it seems to be burning oil...need replacement GDI pump, etc...so I am thinking of taking back the car from her and fixing it up a little. (I am a bit bored of my Corolla Fielder)

The original owner of the car whom I bought it from made it 2WD by installing a 4G93 2WD engine/transmission.
I would like to get it back to it's original 4G93 4WD state. I know this for a fact because of the EC1W-LRGC in the model spec.

I notice I have the 4WD gas tank as well as the rear suspension, but I seem to be missing the axles!

Can anyone assist me by letting me know what else I might need, I know Mitsubishi parts are expensive so I am looking to source these items from the various foreign used vendors throughout Trinidad.

Alex

peter thomson
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Hi and welcome to CVR4

bradc
08-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I'd guess the original 4wd auto gearbox blew up and it was too hard for him to find a 4wd gearbox.

You'll need the transfer case as well as a new gearbox, the prop shaft, axles, rear diff and maybe a few other bits that may have been removed, quite a bit of work really!

aboo
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.