PDA

View Full Version : Engine miss fire and engine management light on

Jay Jay
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
hi guys need some help please if possible my car is really idoling badly up and down up and down its miss firing too really bad the engine managment light is on too i had my mate who is a mechanic check it on his computer and it came up with only one fault the mass airflow sensor so i put another one on there and no change whatsoever .... does any one know what this could be ???? one other thing when the engine is running if i unplug the maf sensor normally it would cut out but now i can unplug it and plug it in and the engine does not change its revs at all ??? thanks guys jay jay

Nick Mann
08-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Wiring to the sensor? Are you sure the replacement was a good one?

Jay Jay
08-02-2010, 10:34 PM
how do i find out if its the wiring to the sensor fella ? and the other maf is off my spare galant and it was running fine on the other car where abouts is the ecu located ? will the ecu have any thing to do with it ?

Jay Jay
10-02-2010, 08:35 PM
hi mate i have checked the wiring to the sensor and for some reason there is no earth going to the plug into the sensor every wire is live does any one know what that could be ?

Turbo_Steve
11-02-2010, 12:43 AM
yeah, it's a short.

You'll need to test the relevant ECU pins are functioning correctly, and assuming they are you're going to need to replace the broken wires, either by opening up the loom or simply running a patch.