PDA

View Full Version : Just got the rack out!

Jesus-Ninja
10-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Woop!

Actually wasn't too bad a job. A long job, but not too complex. The hardest part was me having to take the rad and aircon out so that I could get to the PAS fluid cooler I had fitted so that I could turn it the otehr way up (long story). That aside, just steady away, although I possibly removed more than was necessary, it nice to have plenty of room to work in.

Ended up dropping the whole cross member from the chassis (6 points) and the engine (2 points). The engine is therefore sitting on two mounts and the crossmember is hanging off the suspension.

Gonna whack the crossmember back in for now as I don't plan to put the new rack in until Saturday.

Have taken stacks of photos to do a write up, although I may write it in the order of if I were to do it again, rather than the order I did!

Crap, here comes a snow storm, I kid you not!

WildCards
10-02-2010, 09:16 PM
God damn it, I was hoping for a different sort of rack...

raph
10-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Good for you, taking pics while fitting/replaceing.. i always forgewt that bit LOL

Jesus-Ninja
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, struggling with the uploader though. Nutter John reckons it just doesn't work for some people. Here's the link though http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=510956#post510956

The best I could do was add links to the pictures hosted on my server.