PDA

View Full Version : rip off dealerships again

SGHOM
20-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Took my car in this morning to get the torque converter seal replaced At mitsy's expense. they have had 2 attempts already !! sump seal. err ............why ?? then replaced sump, saying it had a hairline crack in it ??? err............ why ?? total cost so far, £400 :rolleyes5 I told them what it may be, right from the outset !!
They said last time I took it in, that if it's their fault, not finding the leak, they will stand the cost.
The dealer rang me last night, & said there will now be a charge of £300 to cover their costs of the two previous attempts !!! WTF !!
I did remind them it was their fault, & you agreed to do it free, & all he said was "we are only here to make money !"

Any suggestions ?? [ my car is now back at home ]

Nick Mann
20-07-2004, 09:26 AM
I would be having a serious rant and talking to the CAB.

Surely they can't demand money!

ritch_w
20-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Took my car in this morning to get the torque converter seal replaced At mitsy's expense. they have had 2 attempts already !! sump seal. err ............why ?? then replaced sump, saying it had a hairline crack in it ??? err............ why ?? total cost so far, £400 :rolleyes5 I told them what it may be, right from the outset !!
They said last time I took it in, that if it's their fault, not finding the leak, they will stand the cost.
The dealer rang me last night, & said there will now be a charge of £300 to cover their costs of the two previous attempts !!! WTF !!
I did remind them it was their fault, & you agreed to do it free, & all he said was "we are only here to make money !"

Any suggestions ?? [ my car is now back at home ]

dont pay the f**kers

i would not accept this and i'm continually disgusted to hear how some of you guys get treated by dealers.
I must say though the dealer i use is very good and i would not expect that sort of level of "service" from them

write to mitsubishi's head honcho

GialloGrale
27-07-2004, 01:35 AM
So who's your dealer? Time to look for another one I think...