PDA

View Full Version : Unusual colour Legnum

Humpty's Revenge
11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Is this a rare colour?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201006352130698/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/legnum/make/mitsubishi/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/po355qu/page/1?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fused%2Fcars%2Fmitsubishi%2F legnum%2Fpostcode%2Fpo355qu%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fquic ksearch%2Ftrue%2Fpage%2F1%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc&logcode=p

Nutter_John
11-02-2010, 08:49 PM
not that rare , bet the driver of the car is smelly though !!!

Humpty's Revenge
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
not that rare , bet the driver of the car is smelly though !!!

Thanks John. Is that a good price for a face lift and I do take it this is a twin turbo? Sorry for the questions, still learning but overall I could be interested.

Nutter_John
11-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I did think the price was reasonable for a 130,000 mile car , and yes it is claiming to be a VR4

He claims to have done the full service and belts so it could be a good buy , but eyes wide open etc etc

WildCards
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Reasonable my ar5e John, that's a fapping bargain for a facelift with recent work, even with 130k on it's odo.

Humpty's Revenge
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
I did think the price was reasonable for a 130,000 mile car , and yes it is claiming to be a VR4

He claims to have done the full service and belts so it could be a good buy , but eyes wide open etc etc

Yes mate I get your drift and thanks again.

I was thinking along the lines of around £1700ish? Maybe £1800.

If hes reputable than there should be receipts with any luck. I`ll give him a ring tomorrow I think after the MOT.

Nutter_John
11-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Reasonable my ar5e John, that's a fapping bargain for a facelift with recent work, even with 130k on it's odo.

Thats purely a view point Steve , how much it is worth is based on what you'll pay for it

Best way to deal with Dealers is turn up with the cash and wave £1750 in his face and see what he says , worse he can do is say no and you start to barter

Humpty's Revenge
11-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Thats purely a view point Steve , how much it is worth is based on what you'll pay for it

Best way to deal with Dealers is turn up with the cash and wave £1750 in his face and see what he says , worse he can do is say no and you start to barter

Just what I had in mind!

Nice thing is he`s only just across the water from me so even if no deal nice morning out.

raph
11-02-2010, 09:20 PM
nice colour

peter thomson
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure this is one of the Legnums I looked at when I bought my one over 3 years ago. At the time the car had obviously not been used for a long time and was damp and musty along with an engine bay full of leaves. The exhaust was blown and had already been welded up. The paint was poor and fading badly on the arches. The drivers side bolster was badly worn and the rest of the leather was very poor.
The ayc pump failed a week or 2 later. The car at the time was based in Southampton and appeared back for sale by the same seller a few weeks ago on autotrader and now it is back for sale by I assume a new keeper after only a few weeks. I think you can make up your own minds as to why this might be the case. The mileage has also not appeared to have changed very much in those 3+ years so one to have a very good look over if you look at it.

TAR
12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I think I also looked at this car when it was for sale down Southampton way. It was quite tired looking and the AYC didn't work. The guy wanted much more for it then as well. I just got a bad feeling about it so walked away.

:happy:

peter thomson
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes as I did. It was £4k at the time

Humpty's Revenge
14-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this is one of the Legnums I looked at when I bought my one over 3 years ago. At the time the car had obviously not been used for a long time and was damp and musty along with an engine bay full of leaves. The exhaust was blown and had already been welded up. The paint was poor and fading badly on the arches. The drivers side bolster was badly worn and the rest of the leather was very poor.
The ayc pump failed a week or 2 later. The car at the time was based in Southampton and appeared back for sale by the same seller a few weeks ago on autotrader and now it is back for sale by I assume a new keeper after only a few weeks. I think you can make up your own minds as to why this might be the case. The mileage has also not appeared to have changed very much in those 3+ years so one to have a very good look over if you look at it.

Thanks for the info Peter, I thought if I posted something about it on here someone might of bumped in to it at sometime.

Like everything priced cheaply obviously there has to be a hidden problem possibly.

I`m still in 2 minds if I want to take a look, something`s telling me no but I`m inquisitive.

I have spoken to the guy and he says it`s a UK version, is there any difference between the UK and imported versions? He also said the drivers seat is ripped on the bolster.

elnevio
14-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Still an import, regardless of it being a 'UK' version. Just one of the ones 'officially' imported by Mitsubishi.

Roanne Red is a nice colour though.

Humpty's Revenge
14-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Still an import, regardless of it being a 'UK' version. Just one of the ones 'officially' imported by Mitsubishi.

Roanne Red is a nice colour though.

Thanks Nev. Never heard of that colour.