PDA

View Full Version : Any mail order galant spare parts/breakers

pezza
20-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just wondered if anyone knew of any breakers for galants... I have been searching for past couple of weeks but not found any...

I am trying to locate some front wheel arch liners and engine splash guard plastic undertray...

I thought I would check here first before thinking about shelling out 90 odd quid for each left n right liner and 190 for the plastic engine tray from main dealer!!!

I think I asked before, but did not get a reply, did all galants from 97 on come with this plastic undertray...I would have thought so, altho main delaer said the part was not fitted to my wagon when they put my chassis number in..

Cheers...

Pezz

*hopefully c some of you at Silverstone*

jaysback
20-07-2004, 05:58 PM
have a look on ebay there was 1 on there.
but just had a look and i think it has finished.
if i come across it i will post up the link 4 u.

firefly
21-07-2004, 06:14 PM
There are quite a few breakers on ebay if you look hard enough. Just type in mitsubishi galant and you'll see some uk sellers have shops.

One for starters is http://www.carmakazee.co.uk/ who were very helpful. ;) tho on their website they spell galant in a way i've never seen before!!! :laugh:

I asked this chap if he could enlighten me as to whether clear indicators front 2000+ fit 1997 models - sadly they don't. :(

ritch_w
26-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just wondered if anyone knew of any breakers for galants... I have been searching for past couple of weeks but not found any...

I am trying to locate some front wheel arch liners and engine splash guard plastic undertray...

I thought I would check here first before thinking about shelling out 90 odd quid for each left n right liner and 190 for the plastic engine tray from main dealer!!!

I think I asked before, but did not get a reply, did all galants from 97 on come with this plastic undertray...I would have thought so, altho main delaer said the part was not fitted to my wagon when they put my chassis number in..

Cheers...

Pezz

*hopefully c some of you at Silverstone*

try these;
JAPS - 0141 440 2900 breaking galant estate & other models
Glaswegian auto parts - 0141 423 3700 - '99 2.0 saloon
01294 850585 - various models

:D

pezza
28-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info guys, (and gals :-b )

I will go search and see what I can find.... I am still finding it difficult to part with 370 quid for 3 pieces of plastic from Mitz Main Wheeler dealerz

Am sure I must be able to get these pieces from a breakerz!

I asked this chap if he could enlighten me as to whether clear indicators front 2000+ fit 1997 models - sadly they don't. :(

Did you not manage to find any bits at the show sundee then?

Yeh I ask the same when I had my 97 car.. The shape is slightly different and I think the indicator cover is now integrated into the headlamp cover?

I have clear equivalents for the 97 model on my current car but they were on the car when I bought it. I havent been able to see anything obvious to find out
where they were bought from though .... I will try have another look..

With regards to the plastic undertray question... can anyone comment on their cars? (And also ask if they have two metal plates which strengthen the lower part of the bumper - they are attached to the bodywork vis two lugs I think)

Thanks again...

Pezzzaaaargh!