PDA

View Full Version : Hellllllooooo

Chris.W
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
How quality are VR4's. As one or two of you may have guessed from that last statement i am new to the world of VR4 ownership and also new to forums ( bit of a technophobe with computery stuff ).

Anyway, baught my 96 saloon on Feb 1st and cant stop driving it, any excuss and its on the road. To be fair fuel prices up here in the north of scotland are cripeling me, but hey, its all good.

Sooo, the car. It's a 96 ( 97 according to the insurance company ) VR4 saloon, in silvery grey ( please excusse my ignorance of correct colour names ), mannual trans, has 65k miles on the clock and with the exception of a cat back John Ashley exhaust and an Evo VIII clutch is compleatly stock. Bonus!!!

Was introduced to the VR world by the club member known as 'Gowf', and after a run in his mental Leggy i had to get one. Several mnths later ( probly more like a year or so ), one last minute flight from Inverness to Luton, A wasted trip to Brum to view quite possibly the sketchyest Leggy i've seen, A random phone conversation with nutter john, followed by a mad dash to Stevenich and i became the proud owner of a very tidy saloon. Ok, its not an estate which was the original plan, and it needs a small dent pulled, but hay, every cloud and all that.

Right well, thats my story so far. Anyone know of any mini meets or club type stuff happenin up this way ( Aberdeen-Inverness )? Or any Handy hints on which garages are able to cope with the car, and so on then please give us a shout.

Cheers,
Chris ( aka Blue )

Kieran
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome Chris. Gowf's car is something else, eh? :)

Glad you're enjoying the car and the club so far, don't forget to post some pictures of your new beastie.

By the way - that Legnum of doom from Brum - do you have any more details of it, such as what was wrong, etc? Just so we can caution other people if they ask about it (it does happen). Is it still being advertised for sale?

AlanDITD
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Peter Thompson is up thatway he may know of a few places

and welcome!!!!

TAR
12-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

:happy:

WizardKing
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
/Welcome2

Gowf
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Good to see you've joined up bud! As said, you got yourself a bobby bargain there, really does drive very well.... Id forgotten how confortable and effortless they are to drive in the stock guise.

As for the one in brum..... Bloke's not on the forum, but its a 97 pearl white leggie. Wasnt all that bad, but paintwork was a bit sketchy round the back end. It had been recently painted although the owner was ademant it hadnt.

No idea how it drove as he would let neither of us drive it, although im insured and the owner is not! so whilst on the test drive, or passenger ride if you will, the car was never opened up, nor taken round a right hand bend.
From a static mechanical point of view though it did look ok, but needed a good paint correction, and a full service including belts. The deciding factor i think were the 3spoke alloys.

Anyway, sorry Blue for the hijack, but welcome, about time there was a working VR4 in Lossiemouth!

col1n
12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
/Welcome2 to the world of madness bud

aboo
13-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.

I'm in Aberdeen & there is a few Scottish members having a meet in Moffat on the 27th if you fancy coming along.

All the details are in the meet section.

CrossRoss
13-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey and /welcome3 to the club

Auditor
13-02-2010, 09:13 PM
HI !
VR-4 with a stick - it's a cool stuff :)

I belive that it MUST be MT

peter thomson
15-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome to CVR4

DELMINATOR
01-03-2010, 01:22 AM
welcome to the club m8 not long joined myself and been to wan awsome meet and hope u will come to the next wan when the big guy sorts it out. peace catchie

HPRULZ
02-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi and welcome

Kev

valleyforge1
07-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi and welcome

Chris.W
23-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Hay everyone, thanks for all the welcomes and local info. Sorry that it takes me so long to reply to people. Dont have the intergeeknetweb at home so hve to make do with hyjacking the folks machine or randomly sneeking on the works computer (/secret dont tell the boss).

Anyway hopefully wont take me so long in the future.

HOODY
23-03-2010, 07:30 PM
welcome to clubvr4. its great here!