PDA

View Full Version : MOT-time!!

Big Ian
20-07-2004, 09:31 PM
mot is not due for 2 week's,but i always go early...just incase?.as far as i know ive got a broken rear spring and i'll wire my proper side light's back up for it..all going well the spring should be my only fault..but i'll wait and see :-D

Kieran
20-07-2004, 10:10 PM
mot is not due for 2 week's,but i always go early...just incase?.as far as i know ive got a broken rear spring and i'll wire my proper side light's back up for it..all going well the spring should be my only fault..but i'll wait and see :-D

:bow: Here's hoping it's good (or Cheap!) news! :)

Big Ian
20-07-2004, 10:39 PM
yeah! me 2 don't tell anyone,but i'm freind's with the family that own the garage.....which is never a bad thing.

(nice soft polite voice) kieran mate, please can you let dave size up your cat-converter?.......pretty please?...........pretty-pretty please?????

Bal
21-07-2004, 01:05 PM
i just got back from mitsi after having the recall work done lol he slated me for my "illegal" tyres. i said mate come on it's personal oppionion. lol. anyways i said to him why replace these when there is some tread when im getting 17s soon.

B

pezza
21-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Or 19s? :-D

Bal
22-07-2004, 12:17 PM
on going debate about this ... my initial gut instinct was for 19s cos i know theyll fit but from chatting to people on here im more inclined towards the practicality of 17s.

Big Ian
22-07-2004, 12:21 PM
:topic: unless your MOT is due? :lolz:

Bal
22-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Pezza are you implying i should buy your 19s?

if you are i dont think theyll fit... you have a vr4 dont you? thats 5 stud isnt it?

quick question for everyone with regards to tyres.

What is the PCD and ofset of our cars - 114.3 isnt it for the pcd but whats the offset.

and if i were to go with 19s what tyre size should i be looking at ??

Thanks
b

pezza
23-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Bal, I will drop you a msg about the wheels..

Cheers

Pezz

nick-f1
23-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Offset for the vr4 is 38-45 not sure if the gls is the same.

Big Ian
23-07-2004, 03:40 PM
:topic: :lolz:

:-D getting back to the origonal post,
PASSED
THE BROKEN SPRING WAS NOT A FAIL AS IT WAS STILL SEATTED..he say's if it moved out of it's seat then he'd hav to fail it....AAHHHH! that's that for another year :-D
trying to get the emission's was fun! we ended up holding a cloth over one of my back boxes to get the reading :laugh: at one point my car was only showing air on the meter .....

RED
24-07-2004, 06:46 PM
:topic:

:-D getting back to the origonal post,
PASSED
THE BROKEN SPRING WAS NOT A FAIL AS IT WAS STILL SEATTED..he say's if it moved out of it's seat then he'd hav to fail it....AAHHHH! that's that for another year :-D
trying to get the emission's was fun! we ended up holding a cloth over one of my back boxes to get the reading :laugh: at one point my car was only showing air on the meter .....

CONGRATS :wiggle: That's that then for another year Phewww Mines not due til November - i think :dozey: I'm going to put mine through the emissions without putting my cat back on and bribe the MOT tester with something ;)

Big Ian
24-07-2004, 07:41 PM
CONGRATS :wiggle: That's that then for another year Phewww Mines not due til November - i think :dozey: I'm going to put mine through the emissions without putting my cat back on and bribe the MOT tester with something ;)

Hi Red
a while back we had a massive thread about the "cat on for MOT",but it may have got lost?
some garage's will tell you "sorry luv it's gotta be fitted" and the other's will at least try the emission's and see what happen's :) as long as you keep on top of the service side of thing's then there's a good chance it will be fine without the cat :D or you could alway's use a bit of female charm and say,i don't know a thing about it! it's my gran's car :rolleyes5 ?

Spirit
24-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Well at least four BDA de-cat specials have recently passed MOT emission tests with flying colours :-D (mine included), and none of us had to put the cats back on either. My MOT guy just said to have it in the boot for the MOT, and I recall someone else saying their MOT station did not have our car on the list so could not fail it for not having a cat ?

RED
24-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Indeed Pete and Ian I've read the threads you're on about with some interest as I do have the BDA special :-D Our local MOT station is just 50 yards up the road from the garage and we use them for all our MOT's and tyres etc so I will have no trouble in passing the MOT if you know what I mean ;) :p It will be interesting to see if it goes through the emissions though cos my rear end is really really smelly :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :$

Oh and Ian you should know me by now I won't use the "I'm a weak and feable lady" although having said that it has worked for me when I'd just passed my driving test on 2 policeman but that's another story :lipsrseal - I shall just kick him the goooolies :laugh: :laugh: :angel1:

Spirit
24-07-2004, 08:57 PM
.....please let's not get into the smelly rear end convo again :rolleyes5 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RED
24-07-2004, 09:01 PM
.....please let's not get into the smelly rear end convo again :rolleyes5 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yes that's been done before :rolleyes5 will have to get some new material :laugh: :laugh: :kissy2:

Spirit
24-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Instead of your smelly rear lets talk about getting more of a draft into your front end :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RED
24-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Instead of your smelly rear lets talk about getting more of a draft into your front end :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eh CHEEKY :-D Funny you should mention that though you should see the size of the holes in my new bonnet I'm certainly going to get a cracking draft up me front end there missus :laugh: :$

Oh and Ian when you read this don't do a chris on me for hijacking your thread :laugh: :laugh: :kissy3:

Big Ian
27-07-2004, 12:00 AM
:lolz:
RED you can wire in :D anyway i'm quite cam now :mad: i used up most if not all my frustration's on saturday night!! :rolleyes:

RED
27-07-2004, 01:08 PM
:lolz:
RED you can wire in :D anyway i'm quite cam now :mad: i used up most if not all my frustration's on saturday night!! :rolleyes:

Oh yes - who, how or what even :-D :p :$

Big Ian
27-07-2004, 01:14 PM
i was on the door off my mate's (family freind) pub,he had a private doo for someone leaving for the USA, :headsc: an well some folk don't take no! for an answer when you tell " :nono: sorry mate private function tonight"

RED
27-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Ahh i see you gave him a jolly good talking to :furious3: :stars: :laugh:

Big Ian
27-07-2004, 03:02 PM
it was a guy i was at school with?...tried to talk him away first..then he "slapped" me,i kinda laughed at him! which he got slightly annoyed at and he tried to kick me,by then i'd had enough :mad: so fair's fair i stuck the head on him,then i felt bad?..he started to cry!!.. ive seen him sin's and he recond he got what he asked for?
he was wearing a nice black eye.....oh deary me!!?

who's sitting up on friday night to watch "the TYSON fight"?
apart from all his "stupid stunt's"..i still admire the guy as a boxer..
but at the same time it would be good to see a brit-world heavy weight champ in the making..who know's we (I) may get to see that this friday?.