PDA

View Full Version : Will a Y reg (2001)Galant Sport definitely be FaceLift?

Jesus-Ninja
15-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I've found a 2001 Galant Sport being broken and the guy still has the hub carriers. If I buy them, how likely am I to be disappointed when they arrive?

orionn2o
15-02-2010, 09:58 AM
It will be a facelift.

I have no idea if the hub carriers on a sport are the same as a VR4 though

Jesus-Ninja
15-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Apparently they are, according to the advice in this thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=511431&postcount=7&highlight=ANY+post+facelift+galant

If looking for second hand hub carriers, you can use hub carriers from ANY post facelift galant, the four stud ones, any engine size, as the caliper bolt spacing will suit the brembos, and they will be easier and cheaper to find, then you can buy VR4 5 stud wheel bearings and fit them to the hub carriers.
main thing though is the abs sensors are pricey.

peter thomson
15-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes carriers are the same .Just swap the bearings

Jesus-Ninja
15-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Yes carriers are the same .Just swap the bearings

Thanks, Peter. Great news - another step closer to the land of Brembo.....

VR4Kaos
15-02-2010, 04:03 PM
nice one mate im envyous did you get em at a good price?

Jesus-Ninja
15-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Not really a bargain - £140 the pair of carriers, complete with ABS sensors and the V6 sport bearings/hubs, but not really a rip off either, as they seem to be like hens teeth. :)

I've seriously over spent this month, mainly on seeing things that don't come up often, like these carriers and then a full set of reconned Brembos for £200.

Don't expect to see these fitted any time soon :( Gotta find the dollar for discs, pads and rear hoses.

VR4Kaos
15-02-2010, 08:37 PM
look on the bright side tho mate will be able to stop on a penny when you do eventuly get em fitted ;) happy for you mate u should be too evn if it means eating at mums fa a week en half lol

Jesus-Ninja
27-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Righto - I can confirm that they are facelift. They arrived last week, and have been lying wrapped in card and a million tonnes of packing tape. Unpacked them to find I had the whole carrier, bearing, ABS sensor and disc from each side.

Had a quick feel with a tape measure behind the carriers on the car and I reckon that the bolt holes for the calipers on these new ones are about an inch further apart than the ones on the car.

The length of the ABS sensor is also longer than the measurements bernmc gives in his thread (where he butchered the PFL ones to fit the facelift carriers), so it looks like they are the right things :)

psbarham
28-02-2010, 12:01 AM
f/l hole spacings are 160mm centres, the pfl's are 130mm

Jesus-Ninja
28-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Ha! Not a bad guess then, given it was dark and hard to get at!

Louis
28-02-2010, 01:03 AM
well done, good price for hub carriers with sensors attached, you can remove your 5 stud and put them in your new carriers, but it is a real hassle, but will save you buying new.
( I just bought new when I did mine so it was all done at once!)

Jesus-Ninja
28-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I though about buying new hubs to bolt up to the carriers, so that the whole set is ready to swap. A bit of future proofing too, as it'd be a PITA to have to chane them later.

We shall see. The financial common sense says use the ones I have.