PDA

View Full Version : one for Keiran

nick-f1
21-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi Kieran, saw a curvy galant today same shape as the charisma. It had a personal plate so dont know what year or model it was......... never seen one like this before, any idea?

cheers

Nick

Kieran
21-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi Kieran, saw a curvy galant today same shape as the charisma. It had a personal plate so dont know what year or model it was......... never seen one like this before, any idea?

cheers

Nick

From that description, sounds like a 7th Generation, they're more curvy and the rear of the saloons do have a passing resembalance to the Carisma...

nick-f1
21-07-2004, 10:18 PM
From that description, sounds like a 7th Generation, they're more curvy and the rear of the saloons do have a passing resembalance to the Carisma...

Yes but it had the naff charisma front too, like the front of nissan primera grille
not pleasant at all. But had galant in large letters across the rear.

Big Ian
22-07-2004, 08:07 AM
could you say if it was right or left hand drive?
could it maybe have been a 9G-import?

Japmetal
22-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Top picture is a 7th gen Galant [1993-19960

Bottom is a 9th gen Galant [Current version overseas !]

Enjoy ....

I-S
22-07-2004, 09:56 PM
In the 9g's defence, it looks better in the metal than in pictures.

In the 8g's defence, it still looks better.

nick-f1
23-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Nope the front was definitely different to the 7g and a little bit like the 9g. All I can say is again it looked like a charisma with galant written on it with the front like a primera. With those naff cheap looking grills, wish I'd had the camera with me. As I said i've never seen one like it before and didn't look that new.
Looking at the 7g pic again it did ot have the front underskirt/splitter either just a colour coded bumper.
Oh it was right hand drive too scottish Ian.

Mystified

Nick

firefly
23-07-2004, 02:26 PM
I think it will go down the legendary route of the Ford Scorpio.

Ugly from the outside but full of extras to get punters to buy it. A lot of executive cars seem to be going down that route.

I can see what they were trying to achieve in looks - a meaty executive car to rival an Audi A8. At least it looks better than the entire new generation BMWs!!!! :-D

Japmetal
23-07-2004, 10:06 PM
I think in the above shot the 9G looks like someone overfed a Vauxhall Vectra ? :lipsrseal

KiwiTT
24-07-2004, 06:44 AM
I think in the above shot the 9G looks like someone overfed a Vauxhall Vectra ? :lipsrseal

Couldn't agree more. This another example of where Mitsubishi went wrong lately. The 6G (The Original VR-4 shape) and 8G (The Last VR-4 shape) Galants are the best examples for me. I bypassed the 7G and am glad I didn't wait for the 9G