PDA

View Full Version : Do the Aussies get it or Not??

VR4WGN
17-02-2010, 05:57 AM
iv been wondering lately do they gt Lgnum and Galants Non VR4 or ??
i seem to feel they dont get anyhting beside the VR4
is this true?>

wesleyong
17-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Why would you bother? All the EC5A/EC5Ws here are imported anyways...

Gly
17-02-2010, 06:01 AM
no they don't, you can get them road legal due to import power requirements or something along those lines,

the extremely few non-turbos they do have are personal imports

Ryan
17-02-2010, 06:05 AM
the extremely few non-turbos they do have are personal imports

What does this mean Carsten? I mean like, if you import it yourself isn't that a personal import or do you mean if say... someone immigrates to Australia and they bring it with them?

Gly
17-02-2010, 06:16 AM
when they immigrate you can take a car as a personal import,
but there are rules with that something like you must have owned it for x amount of time,

you still get taxed on its worth aswell, and you still have to get it complied and pay all those fees

Ryan
17-02-2010, 06:22 AM
Ahhh, right cool.

CANDEE
17-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Carsten, you have to own the car(have the car in your name) for at least 1 year.. Also you can only import one car per person.. /duh

fuel
17-02-2010, 10:18 AM
The 8G Galant was never sold domestically in Australia, the Galant as far as Australia were concerned ended with the end of the 7G in 1997.

Their import laws have been very strict and they have high tariffs so only the premium cream of the crop vehicles were only worthwhile to bring in.. no one is going to want to import a VR-G Galant if its going to cost the value of the car again to just get it registered on the road, whereas it may be worth it for a VR-4 etc.

Here in NZ we had it good for soooo long, basically it was an open free for all until the government finally stepped in and implemented the frontal impact law, and the emissions regulations. We're even still lucky we can modify our cars like we can, in some states of Australia it is illegal to have a pod filter or even an atmosphere venting BOV.

VR4WGN
17-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Why would you bother? All the EC5A/EC5Ws here are imported anyways...

What exactly are you on about? did you read my thread?:sleeping:

VR4WGN
17-02-2010, 10:37 AM
thanx guys ,that was awsum.. so they only get VR4 relatd stuff then,hence never seen different variety interiors,bumpers etc,then..
shame on 1 side but cool as theyr not flooded like we are then
ahh well
thanx

maori_by_nature
22-02-2010, 05:25 AM
We're even still lucky we can modify our cars like we can, in some states of Australia it is illegal to have a pod filter or even an atmosphere venting BOV.

dont supse you no wat states these are cause me n the mrs were think'n of move'n ova there later this year.?

qball
22-02-2010, 05:59 AM
As far as i know its all of them. For sure Qld, Nsw,Act, Victoria. Pods must be fully enclosed. Having said that lots of people have/use them and have no problems yet but you can get defected for them

scott.mohekey
22-02-2010, 06:46 AM
What exactly are you on about? did you read my thread?:sleeping:

Wesley is in Australia.

VR4WGN
22-02-2010, 09:02 AM
ok im confused now

scott.mohekey
22-02-2010, 09:13 AM
You asked if there were any non VR4s in Australia, Wesley replied "Why would you bother? All the EC5A/EC5Ws here are imported anyways...". What he means is, in order to own an 8th gen Galant/Legnum in Australia, you have to import them yourselves, or buy from someone that has imported them themselves. The cost of importing is so great that there is no point importing anything OTHER than a VR4.

VR4WGN
22-02-2010, 09:16 AM
oh tru?? i wasnt meaning that!! i was asking if they get Vientos and Gdi's there lol,that what i meant

scott.mohekey
22-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Yeah, GDIs and Vientos are covered in that. I.e. There will be almost none of them, because the cost of importing means you're better off just getting a VR4.

VR4WGN
22-02-2010, 10:01 AM
but wha tif they dont want a turbo tho? i didnt understand then sorry

bradc
22-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Not only that but you can only import cars over 110kw/ton (or a number around there, I forget the exact number)

This means that only VR-4's are eligible to be imported, no other 8G's. There are a few ST-R's over there that have been bought in as personal imports from NZ

scott.mohekey
22-02-2010, 10:09 AM
but wha tif they dont want a turbo tho? i didnt understand then sorry

Then they get a different car. The Australian government goes some way to ensuring their local auto industry thrives. That's why they're all Holden and Ford driving yobbos! /pan

VR4WGN
22-02-2010, 10:36 AM
lol Chris had a good saying it ws "If Nissan Motorsport is NISMO, then Holden Motorsport is HOMO",classic i thort!!!!

Fully
24-02-2010, 12:34 PM
That's like saying "You are a throat with a hair doo"

BTW: Is Honda not Holden /pan

Nissan Mōtā Supōtsu Intānashonaru Kabushiki-gaisha - is the correct name :D

VR4WGN
24-02-2010, 07:04 PM
That's like saying "You are a throat with a hair doo"

BTW: Is Honda not Holden /pan

Nissan Mōtā Supōtsu Intānashonaru Kabushiki-gaisha - is the correct name :D

:vogel: Man all you South Islanders are so Pedantic!!!! who cares!!!! its how it was written let it be,go do something constructive instead of pansing round like a mis used word fairy god!!:mask:

Fully
26-02-2010, 05:22 AM
:D
Just like a concord ah mate?