PDA

View Full Version : Strange signals from a Mazda

pedro
17-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Now, My van has certain 'optional extras' which mean things beep and flash when im near a speed camera or other government piggybank fillers. (with me so far??)

Now ive just been driving home and have been picking up the same signals from a 58 plate Mazda 6 with one lady driver. It was definitely the mazda giving off the signals because when i carefully overtook, the signals were lost. Then after slowing down a little, she overtook me and sure enough the 'van' starts to beep again. The signal was also very strong.

Im sure it wasnt a cop car as the dash was plain, no government features inside or out from what i could see and other traffic was flying past at 90+ mph.

So what could it have been? Faulty reverse sensors or a tracker perhaps???

Any ideas??

Atik
17-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Could have been a radar jammer/detector type device?

orionn2o
17-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah i would tend to agree with Atik. However some garage door openers have similar signals.

pedro
17-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah i would tend to agree with Atik. However some garage door openers have similar signals.

Ahh yes, i remember now while i was shopping for mine, i found lots of products passing as 'garage door openers'.

Whats the legality on such devices as scanners/jammers?

Kieran
17-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Whats the legality on such devices as scanners/jammers?

As far as I am aware, anything that detects a camera is legal. In fact I was reading somewhere recently that the government is fairly happy with that as detectors do ultimately achieve what is wanted; no speeding. How true that anecdote is however, I don't know.

Anything that jams a camera is not - You can be done for perverting the course of justice and it has happened.

Websites like UK Speedtraps and Pepipoo will no doubt have the full legal blather. :)