PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2010 - Vinyls thread

Atik
17-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Just a feeler to see if anyone is interested in getting some vinyls for their cars for Japfest this year.

I thought it went quite well last year, with some cool looking cars and tag-lines. Only thing is that they arrived too late to send them out to individuals, so instead they were distributed on the day. Japfest looks to be a BIG event for CVR4 this year, and the vinyls could be fun.

Here is last years thread about it:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39688&highlight=japfest+vinyls

If anyone is interested, post up here and the sort of tag-lines you would be after. I can then look into getting these done early so that your car is ready before you get there.

I'm going to be getting a tag-line of some sort and a couple of large CVR4 stickers for the rear side glass on the car.

WildCards
17-02-2010, 04:47 PM
If it helps Atik, I have several contacts who produce vehicle graphics and I can create artwork if needed.

giblet
17-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Ah, this explains all the stickers from last years japfest pics. I will have a ponder over a tagline. And I can bring samples of autosmart tardis if anyone wants to remove their stickers an any glue residue :p

Spirit
17-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Just passing this on, personally I have no issue with the tag lines.

A couple of people last year did comment that they were a bit "tacky"

WildCards
17-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I will have a ponder over a tagline. And I can bring samples of autosmart tardis if anyone wants to remove their stickers an any glue residue :p

Is it bigger on the inside Gib?

Nutter_John
17-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Just passing this on, personally I have no issue with the tag lines.

A couple of people last year did comment that they were a bit "tacky"

You mean Like Stav the Chav from redline !!!

Turbo_Steve
17-02-2010, 05:07 PM
LMAO @ RedLine magazine calling anything at all "Tacky".

Nutter_John
17-02-2010, 05:10 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=445618&postcount=1

Atik
17-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I also have a vehicle graphics/signwriter contact, which is where I got these done last year.

I appreciate that it may appear tacky to some, but its a bit of fun and if people dont want to participate, thats totally fine. I'm still undecided about putting a tag line, but I feel I want to put something on the massive space that is the rear window! Maybe a massive Nurburgring sticker? ;)

If there isnt enough demand, I probably wont bother to be honest, and just go with one single CVR4 sticker on the back.

Besides, I'll be sporting my new rims wont I, so I could chav up my car to the Max Power levels /yes

/haz

Spirit
17-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Why not have a load made up taking the p*ss out of Stav ?

Atik
17-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Also, the vinyls do not leave any residue on the car, UNLESS they are left on for a prolonged period. A day's use is fine and the stickers will come off without any issues.

Prolonged exposure on bodywork leaves an unfaded patch under the sticker and is ugly when removed. One day exposure on bodywork will not cause any issue whatsoever. When applied to the glass, any residue can be taken off with water and a blade.

Atik
17-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Haha, lets do 6 cars with a single word each:

IS
A
STAV
KNOB
CHAV
THE

HJM
17-02-2010, 05:17 PM
"Who's Keith ?" and "Wish I was in my Supra" works for me :)

This is where the Leggie wins hands down - plenty of bill board space down the side !

H

HJM
17-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Haha, lets do 6 cars with a single word each:

IS
A
STAV
KNOB
CHAV
THE

Just advertise a rival car magazine !

H