PDA

View Full Version : Front Discs?

PAUL
16-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Hello people can anyone tell me what would be the best option for changing the front discs as I have standard ones on the car at the moment they were only bought two to three months ago and are already starting to fade at high speeds and they will be warped soon.
Any help regarding as to what companies offer groved discs will be much appreciated.

P.S Been considering brembo calipers and discs off an Evo but have to change the wheels and that isn't cheap.

All the best.

pjjohnson
16-06-2003, 04:47 PM
I can't tell you what the best option is, but I got a great improvement using grilled and grooved disks and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Less than £300. No fade even on track days.
The front disks are the same as an EVO 4. They fit straight on no problem at all. Got mine from Demon Tweaks, but some on the list may know of cheaper options, but as yet not seen anything posted.

Spirit
16-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I can confirm what PJ has said, the discs are exactly the same as the EVO IV INSERT INTO post VALUES (pre-Brembo). I have just had 8 grooved discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads fitted on Saturday and can get these for around £200 INSERT INTO post VALUES (plus delivery). Thats less than half the price of standard Mitsi parts !

If you want to know where then email/PM me for more info.

Pete

Darren
18-06-2003, 09:02 PM
if you do search for galant here http://cars.potn.com/ it come up with list for replacement discs. i was thinking of getting some for my standard galant as i've had to get the standard ones skimmed twice, they just warp at anything over 80.