PDA

View Full Version : V6 Sport (stealth)

The Vee
22-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Kieran, Are you playing secret squirrel or do you have an announcement to make :-D
any pics yet?

Kieran
22-07-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't know to what you refer!!! :lipsrseal

Kieran
22-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Very well... 10 points to Andy for being the first to spot! :-D

Yep, it's with some considerable sadness :sad3: that I announce the passing of the GLS. It's gone back to it's former keeper.

:band: And it's with happiness that I announce the sucessor to the Mighty GLS. Behold my shiny new V6 Sport! :-D

Thanks to Alex, it's already been given a name! She took a look and said, "It looks just like Hordak!" (The bad guy in the She-Ra cartoon series) :laugh:

Here's a picture of the GLS and the Sport.

Once my card reader's working again, I'll post the final piccies I took of the GLS and the larger versions of these pictures. :)

But these will do for now!....

Spirit
22-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Congrats mate, and knowing your eye for detail I bet she is in mint condition too.

Looks a stunner from here anyhow. ;)

Brind
22-07-2004, 11:23 PM
It's silver too, the man has good taste.. well almost good taste it still isn't a VR-4..... BUT WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T WANT ONE !! ;)

zedy1
22-07-2004, 11:49 PM
congrats mate :-D

Big Ian
23-07-2004, 12:05 AM
:Cry1: :Cry1: tiz sad new's :sad3: LONG LIVE THE GLS'ZZ.....
.nice one mate,i hope it's as good to you as the GLS was.
PS..did you keep they clear light's for me ?........................................... :laugh:

Kieran
23-07-2004, 12:08 AM
PS..did you keep they clear light's for me ?........................................... :laugh:

I did consider visiting the VX and doing a quick swap so's I could pass the clear ones to you.... :$

Then I remembered the VX doesn't have headlamps, and only one side marker!! :$ :$ :laugh:

Nick Mann
23-07-2004, 09:01 AM
:boing3:

Spot on!

Can I give a suggestion for the first modification? Eibachs/Billies. It needs to sit an inch lower!

Looking forward to seeing your grinning face behind the wheel!

Kieran
23-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Can I give a suggestion for the first modification? Eibachs/Billies. It needs to sit an inch lower!

Good idea...

But I'm still in trouble for Swapping to the GLS from my car previous to that! Nevermind the Sport!

The word 'Modification' is currently BANNED in KieranCorp Towers by order of Alex!!! :scelp: :nokiss: :soapbox:

The Sport was an excellent buy and It's very nice. I'll get my camera out over the weekend snap some Piccies and give you a brief story behind it.:) (once it's been polished to KieranCorp standard!) :-D

enigma
23-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Can you not just put all the mods destined for the GLS on to it?!!! :$ :p :D

Kieran
23-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Can you not just put all the mods destined for the GLS on to it?!!! :$ :p :D

Well that is the plan. They're exempt, as I've already bought them.

Anything new, however.......

nick-f1
23-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Well done Kieran nice looking car! We all know what the next step is in a year or so don't we? As Brind says we all know you don't want a vr4! :laugh:

No offence meant Kieran, enjoy.

Nick.

PS: If modification is a dirty word at the mo how about........................................

UPGRADES? Or Part ENHANCEMENT?

Just a thought. :rolleyes5

The Vee
23-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Nice one Kieran. However, I will miss your humour and tireless defense of the MIGHTY GLS !!
I'm sure though, you're going to enjoy this one.

Kieran
23-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Nice one Kieran. However, I will miss your humour and tireless defense of the MIGHTY GLS !!

What makes you think that this will fade out? :thinking:

The GLS may be gone, but it will not be forgotten! It served me fautlessly for just over a year and I enjoyed every moment (well, apart from the incident with the ATF and the alternator, both self inflicted! :$ ) . The GLS was a fine car and I'd still recommend one to anyone who wants a cheap way to Galant-ness.

So be warned! I may no longer be the GOD of GLS Power (that must surely rest with Scottish Ian), but I will not tolerate any GLS abuse! So there!!! :whip: :devil5: :devil5: :devil5:

Big Ian
24-07-2004, 12:52 AM
So be warned! I may no longer be the GOD of GLS Power (that must surely rest with Scottish Ian), but I will not tolerate any GLS abuse! So there!!! :whip: :devil5: :devil5: :devil5:

:bow: Kieran,..thank's for still being on our side?.....while your sitting in your
V6
:lolz:

soo! ehh!.....wott yea had out of it (mph)?

Brind
24-07-2004, 01:20 AM
soo! ehh!.....wott yea had out of it (mph)?

Before and after a Kieran polish? :laugh:

KiwiTT
24-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Well Done !!!

2 Extra cylinders and an engine split (V) and of course 24 valves. You are well on your way to our ultimate goal. If I'm not mistaken it would have about 120kW of power. You will definitely notice the extra power and torque.

I did consider the V6 model too!, but the lore of the VR-4 was too strong.

Anyway well done. The old GLS will be missed, but it will be soon forgotten.

pssst: How much did you pay for it ?

Kieran
24-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Well Done !!!

2 Extra cylinders and an engine split (V) and of course 24 valves. You are well on your way to our ultimate goal. If I'm not mistaken it would have about 120kW of power. You will definitely notice the extra power and torque.

I did consider the V6 model too!, but the lore of the VR-4 was too strong.

Anyway well done. The old GLS will be missed, but it will be soon forgotten.

pssst: How much did you pay for it ?

You're right, it's about 120kw, or 163bhp, with a nice flat torque curve. It's a joy to drive and so far is performing well, and economically too!:)

I can't get over this motor's flexibility.... It will Growl all it's way to the redline without fuss, and yet you can bung it in 5th at about 35 and it will pull without complaint! Awesome! The 6A13 is truly a great engine.

The GLS won't be forgotten. After all, it was my first Galant and was a good car. But the Sport is better. Loads better!

How much did I pay? I bought it from the chap I got the GLS from. He's damaged his shoulder and his other half found the Sport a bit too much of a handful. So, £1000 (NZ$2859) later, I have a Sport and he has his beloved GLS back again.

I intend to give the car a good going over this weekend, after which I'll post some nice piccies and tell you all about it! :-D

Big Ian
24-07-2004, 12:22 PM
:wow: NICE PRICE KIERAN, i'd say you almost "stole it!"...... :smoking:

nick-f1
24-07-2004, 07:59 PM
:wow: NICE PRICE KIERAN, i'd say you almost "stole it!"...... :smoking:

Bet ya forgot to mention as well Keiran that you have dragged it at Santa Pod! :lipsrseal :laugh:

nick-f1
24-07-2004, 08:03 PM
PS: dont leave the 'pod printouts in it :dozey:

Kieran
24-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Have you been drinking there Nick?:$

I've no idea as to what you are referring to! :lipsrseal :uhoh2: :uhoh2:

nick-f1
25-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Have you been drinking there Nick?:$

I've no idea as to what you are referring to! :lipsrseal :uhoh2: :uhoh2:

Perish the thought eh? nudge- nudge, wink wink. :rolleyes5

Thinks................ could have sworn I saw a GLS run up the strip ;)

Jimbo
06-08-2004, 11:40 PM
I dunno, I'm gone 2 weeks and everything changes - ChrisG selling his VR4, HJM's finally getting sorted (great news guys!) and now Kieran's gone and bought a snazzy looking V6.......

Fanstastic mate, really pleased for you! And silver too, now if only I could locate Brinds and do a swap without him noticing :evil1: , then I'd have my fav colour too!! :laugh:

Kieran
30-08-2004, 12:17 PM
VRRRROOOOOOOOOMM!

Bloody Hell, what was that?! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Did it sound a bit like your car, K?

:$ :lipsrseal

Kieran
30-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Well, yes! It did! :stunned:

And it looked pretty similar... VERY similar in fact....Slightly bigger, and a couple of detail differences... But other than that it was the same!...

Didn't see the driver though! :sad3: Wonder if they know about the Club?! :huh:

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Bigger? :dozey: Hmm..... Maybe you'll see it again soon and make sure the owner knows about the club. :rolleyes5

Kieran
30-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Bigger? :dozey: Hmm.....

Well, at least I think it was... It might have been an estate, but I can't be sure... :thinking:

Brind
30-08-2004, 04:35 PM
....now if only I could locate Brinds and do a swap without him noticing :evil1: , then I'd have my fav colour too!! :laugh:

No chance... :laugh:

BraindG
30-08-2004, 05:54 PM
yeay! congrats kieran :wiggle:

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Yep!

* Ahem *

Well done, K. Good choice!! (Except for the shape of the rear. Lacking in a bit of versatility!) Good colour, good alloys, good spoiler. Nice blue/black interior. And it nearly keeps up with Derek!!

Kieran
30-08-2004, 07:24 PM
Gordon Bennett...

Are you lot being deliberatley daft or do you use braile to read the forums?! :laugh:

/EDIT:

*I* have not changed my car again! Hordak still rocks!

Brind
30-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I really can't figure out what you must be talking about Kieran... ;)

Kieran
30-08-2004, 08:55 PM
;)

Come on then!

You know who you are! Step forward and spill the beans!

Spirit
30-08-2004, 08:58 PM
*cough* :laugh: *cough*

Brind
30-08-2004, 08:59 PM
I thought only females did this sort of thing.. :laugh: :lipsrseal

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 09:05 PM
I thought it was nice and shiny. Does it go with my lipstick and handbag?

Brind
30-08-2004, 09:10 PM
I thought it was nice and shiny. Does it go with my lipstick and handbag?

You're on your own mate! :stunned: :uhoh2:

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 09:11 PM
:mad: :laugh:

So what do you think? Obviously no turbos or 4WD, but funds just won't allow me at the moment. I think this is the next best thing.

Spirit
30-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Didn't know lipsticks came with turbos and 4wd ! :laugh:

Kieran
30-08-2004, 09:15 PM
:mad: :laugh:

So what do you think? Obviously no turbos or 4WD, but funds just won't allow me at the moment. I think this is the next best thing.

Formula for a V6 Sport....

Two thirds the fun of a VR-4...

One quarter of the pain!

'Nuff said!

And, as someone with a 300+ Legnum will testify, they will hold their ground surprisingly well...

Spirit
30-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Lets not turn it into a "why I want/have/would like/don't need/can't afford/dislike" VR4's discussion :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let's just welcome Nick back to GALANT ownership - well done mate, she looks a beauty from here ;)

Nick Mann
30-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Cheers, mate!

It is nice to be back.

At last I have somewhere to put my stickers!!

Kieran
30-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Let's just welcome Nick back to GALANT ownership - well done mate, she looks a beauty from here ;)

Indeed! You'll enjoy your Hordak very much! :-b

The Vee
30-08-2004, 11:15 PM
Good for you Nick - I even have the stickers for it !!

HJM
31-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Stickers? Did some one say stickers - hurray - can we have ours on Sunday - please :-D

Congrats on your new purchase Nick - (I did notice at the backend of last week, but figured you would announce it when you were ready and it was much more fun watching Keiran get stressed about no-one noticing :laugh: Sorry :lipsrseal )

Nick Mann
31-08-2004, 01:46 PM
I was slowly changing pictures and signatures etc, waiting for people to cotton on! But you bunch of miserable barstewards just ignored it all!! :p
Every time I changed something I got a comment from Kieran, though. Most amusing.

The stickers are the .co.uk ones that I never put in the VR4.

And one last comment for Mark:

:kissy2:

chris g
31-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Glad more people progressing to V6 power but if my baby does get bought by a new loving owner then I may end up with another VR-4 but 1990 vintage with 4G63 power - only 4 cyl obviously I am afraid but potential

or I could buy something else......

a turbo 4WD car so rare only 2200 worldwide i.e. Japan mabe Oz/NZ and **** loads of potential or my original Ring car, an MR2 but a turbo model

All of this is maybe... I may not end up buying anything

I did think of joining V6 Sport devotees but I want a turbo and pref 4WD!

So LOTS of fantasy but no def replacement car if my baby goes

Only AX diesel for work and BDE, this is one car that has NOT been around the Ring

Although I am going as a passenger in Sept 18-19 w/e - tempted to take AX but will that put people off buying whenever it is sold.......

Simon
31-08-2004, 07:11 PM
very nice car Nick ;) :)

The Vee
31-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Stickers? Did some one say stickers - hurray - can we have ours on Sunday - please :-D

)

A big Yes

HJM
31-08-2004, 11:11 PM
A big Yes

YEE - HAH

Can't wait for Sunday now :laugh: