PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart badges

HOODY
21-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Im currently modding my (spare) front grille, cutting out the middle , smoothing down , adding black metal grille behind.
I may just re-add the vr4 badge but was looking on ebay and seen some fairly nice ralliart badges. also a very very nice ralliart sun strip. Fairly Subtle!?not massive vinyls down the side.. just small sun strip and grille badge.

Just cant make up my mind. as Im still fairly new to the legnum, do you think its silly to have Ralliart badges when its just a Type-s?

Really cant make up my mind , I love the look of the Ralliart logo badge and like to stand out a bit, but just not sure.. i.e if you put a NISMO badge on a skyline it would look good but if you put a GTR badge on the back of a GTS it would look a bit silly.. ......!?

Im having a confused sunday.....so Im throwing the idea out to you guys for some feedback ....like a cat amongst the pigeons.:P

Anyfeed back positve /negative very welcome.

aboo
21-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I have a small Ralliart badge on the back of the car. I dont see anything wrong with it as long as its not to OTT.

apeman69
21-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Why not get a custom sun strip made up, something like HOODY¦¦¦ART perhaps? :bananadan
Be interested to see what you do with your grille. Been thinking of doing something with mine though I haven't sourced a meister blue one to butcher yet.

Nick Mann
21-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I've fitted a ralliart badge to a car in place of the VR4 one. It looked a lot better than I originally thought it would! /pan (Sorry! - you know who you are!)

IMO the ralliart badge on a VR4 is not the same as a GTR badge on a GTS. All the "official" UK VR4's came with a ralliart badge through ralliart dealers and were mechanically the same as other VR4's, as we all know.

If you like it, then go for it.

Nick VR4
21-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I have a ralliart badge on the back of mine which has seen better days plus when the weather warms up a bit put the VR4 badge back on after it fell off washing the car

giblet
21-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Im gonna get one of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250579211239

Planning on putting it on the back, on the left hand side with a vr4 badge on the right hand side

VR4Kaos
21-02-2010, 03:23 PM
i personely hate it when people put sticker/badges that don't belong on there car but nick-man surgest that some have it on so go for it if thats what turns you on lol

pedro
21-02-2010, 03:30 PM
i recon de-badge....... stealthy look.
Mine also doesn't have roof bars which looks a bit different but i dunno how to remove them as the car came like that

giblet
21-02-2010, 03:31 PM
I hate cars tarted up with badges, but mines currently badgeless - http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/gib786/VR4%20Detail%20Nov%2009/DSCF1235.jpg and I'm not a fan of the galant lettering above the numberplate so a ralliart badge on one side and a vr4 would tidy up the back end

pedro
21-02-2010, 03:35 PM
with and without

apeman69
21-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Don't start me on roof rails... again /woot :annoyed: :thumbsdow /hammer

Beastlee
21-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I debadged mine but it left a mottled mark where the VR4 badge was on the back. I've since fitted some chrome lettering to replace it and I'll fit a Nurburgring sticker on the opposite side for balance. I don't have the lettering on the strip either which I prefer.

apeman69
21-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Regarding the lettering on the strip (back of Legnum I assume), did you remove it Lee or was it like that when you got it? Is it a blank replacement panel or do the letters come off? (It's cold outside and I can't be @rsed going to have a look).
I saw a Legnum that had the back lettering replaced with 'Evolution' somewhere and I've been wondering about doing something like this but haven't really got round to researching it yet. I think I'd maybe like to have 'Mitsubishi' on mine as the original Mitsu badge on the back is now hanging off. Knowing how it could be done would be interesting as, again, I haven't been @rsed having a look and working something out. Thankees!

Beastlee
21-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry, it was like that when I got it, no evidence of there ever being anything on there though.

HOODY
21-02-2010, 05:35 PM
IMO the ralliart badge on a VR4 is not the same as a GTR badge on a GTS. All the "official" UK VR4's came with a ralliart badge through ralliart dealers and were mechanically the same as other VR4's, as we all know.

Cheers for all the feedback on this one, I definalty want to go down this road, tarting the VR4 up a bit with some ralliart decals, but like I said nothing major , just sunstrip and lil badge in the grille once ive finished cutting it up ..lol.

Just wanted to make sure I wasnt making a huge mistake in chosing the ralliart theme.

cheers all

Turbo_Steve
21-02-2010, 11:59 PM
I managed to break my VR badge :( Can't seem to find another, either, so I may be fitting a Ralliart one too!

pedro
22-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I managed to break my VR badge :( Can't seem to find another, either, so I may be fitting a Ralliart one too!
I think camskill have them??

Atik
22-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I am debadged on 'LEGNUM', and the three diamonds. All I have on the back is the Mitsubishi on the left and the red VR4 on the right. Although I have added a small Ralliart sticker on top of the Mitsubishi. It only went on as a joke, but I quite like it.

I did think about debadge completely, but I couldnt live with a possible indent in the tailgate from the badges.

In all honesty mate, this is your car and as long as you like it and are happy with it, you can put whatever you want. There are plenty of cars with heavy decals, remember the Jack Daniels? Anyone seen Don's Super?

As for roof-rails; I prefer with.

aboo
22-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Have to agree with Atik.

Its you car & if your happy with it go for it.

I have a Leeds utd sticker in the back window that I'm happy with & has been on ther for over a year. So in my eye's the choice is yours.

HOODY
22-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Have to agree with Atik.

Its you car & if your happy with it go for it.

I have a Leeds utd sticker in the back window that I'm happy with & has been on ther for over a year. So in my eye's the choice is yours.

yeah I love the ralliart theme...
As Im still learning about Legnums and mitsubishi, before I did something drasticly silly
I just wanted to make sure Ralliart was the right thing.
Didnt want to spend time on it, liking it then someone saying.. did you know ralliart was only for Evolutions. etc.. DOH!

Just wanted to make sure ralliart was actually linked to the legnum in some way.

Now im happy to go ahead......very happy indeedy!

HOODY
02-03-2010, 12:57 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-RALLIART-GRILLE-BADGE-WITH-MOUNTING-SCREWS_W0QQitemZ180475753222QQcategoryZ72211QQcmdZ ViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLS L%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252B IEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26po%3D%26ps%3D63% 26clkid%3D8197239634439016489

HOODY
28-03-2010, 02:12 AM
The ralliart Sunstrip is now on, thought id put up a pic to complement the above thread.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad16/hoody001/DSC000261.jpg

apeman69
28-03-2010, 02:23 AM
There's something wrong with your camera.... or I've had too much alcohol.:runkest:
I had one of these windscreen sunstrips on a previous car and at MOT time was horrified to be told "It obscures more than Xcm of the wiper coverage so it's got to be removed."
Glad it was on the car when I got it 'cos at least it didn't cost me anything... for a change. /lol

HOODY
28-03-2010, 09:20 AM
yeah I know MOT time I may have to strip car.. sunstrip and decat. But Ill have a year of fun as its only just passed. hence reason for doing the naughty bits now.

elnevio
28-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Someone's nicked the middle bit of your grille! :P

Quite like the sunstrip decals! :sunny:

HMG1K
28-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I like the two-colour Ralliart logo that come on the new Lancer Evo - another alternative to the acutal Rallliart name - perhaps an option for the front grill?

pedro
28-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I recon the concept of the 'reflective' toyota lettering you can see on the back of the old Mk1 MR2's would look cool on the legnum, if you could somehow make it work.
However I don't think the underside or the rear spoiler is at the right angle for it to work, shame....

elnevio
30-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I recon the concept of the 'reflective' toyota lettering you can see on the back of the old Mk1 MR2's would look cool on the legnum, if you could somehow make it work.
However I don't think the underside or the rear spoiler is at the right angle for it to work, shame....
Do you mean like this? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32590 :sunny:

pedro
30-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Do you mean like this? http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32590 :sunny:

Naa actually, now ive seen it i think it looks poo, think you should ditch it!

Just kidding./lol
I like!!!!! (In a borat voice)

Is it still on there now?

elnevio
30-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Yep, still looking good! :afro:

pedro
30-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep, still looking good! :afro:
/Hmmm

stuey
30-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Debadge all the way..

It's like wearing designer sportswear with massive logos on, they're not paying me to advertise their product so I won't wear it, so the same with cars...
If Mitsi paid me, I'd put the badges back on.. maybe..