PDA

View Full Version : Good price for re-spray?

oldgit9
22-02-2010, 03:01 AM
to get my car back up to a basic acceptable standard, some parts need some work doing to them and a re-spray. i've had a few quotes from some garages around plymouth area, but im not sure if the quotes are over the top or are really good quotes.

here is a list of the work i asked them to quote me on.

rear bumper - pop out dent and re-spray.
front bumper - plastic weld crack and re-pray. (might be better to get new bumper and re-spray if needed)
rear spoiler - fill two small holes either side and spray.
door frame (all) - clean and re-spray black.

here is the list of quotes that i've revived so far :-

Lloyds Auto Refinishers - £550
M L Body Repairs Ltd - £500 (recommended that i try and get a new front bumper)
Newnham Body Repairs - £650 (with both mirrors included in quote)

all the quotes do not include VAT....so thats got to be added :evil3:

are these good quotes for the work that i've asked to be done??? or can anyone recommend somewhere ells that can better the above quotes.

Roberto
22-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Have you got them to check over the rest of the car?

Maybe some paint correction or the like.
Sorry, no idea on if they are good prices or not, but would want the whole car looking right if you're getting the other jobs done.

oldgit9
22-02-2010, 03:23 AM
none of them done a thorough check of the car. just for the work that i asked for. as these are the most important things that need doing first. there are a few other little things that need doing. but thats for a later date.

VR4Kaos
22-02-2010, 09:34 AM
i used to have a volvo s40 which i put an evo bonnet scoop and an sub rear spoiler and was quoted £500 for them to be blended in to original paint work yet for £850 plus vat i could of had the whole car sprayed i opted for the full respray so it looked new and wasent odd anywere but then sold the car before i actuley saved up the reast of the money

miller
22-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Those prices seem bang on the money, a proper prepared job always costs more.

A real full respray your looking in excess of £2,000.

HMG1K
22-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Those prices seem bang on the money, a proper prepared job always costs more.

I agree - after the cosmetic work I had on mine last year.

VAT - do a briefcase cash deal!