PDA

View Full Version : Selling your car

SAVA9E
22-02-2010, 11:35 PM
When selling your car it might be worth checking what's written in your signature first as it might put some buyers off, well it did me.

miller
22-02-2010, 11:38 PM
When selling your car it might be worth checking what's written in your signature first as it might put some buyers off, well it did me.

What has put you off and which car?

Mike

SAVA9E
22-02-2010, 11:40 PM
What has put you off and which car?

Mikenot naming names sorry.

Nutter_John
22-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Good question there Mike , was thinking the same

Nick Mann
22-02-2010, 11:41 PM
OOhhh OOhh! Sound advice! And a new urge to check out the cars for sale.....

:D

miller
22-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I have just checked through our sales forum and it looks like i am the only one with a signature in there with a car still currently for sale.

If it is me you do realise that in my signature is my car, For Sale is my friends Galant. I have a Legnum which is not for sale. Maybe a bit more scrutineering?

Its not as if you can do a 'SEARCH' on that user and find out what is up or on with that car!!!! Hence why buying off an owners club makes waaaaaay more sense than ebay or simialr auction sites!

Mike

and thats also on the assumption you want a Twin Turbo V6 that has never experienced a drive in anger!!!

Nick Mann
22-02-2010, 11:48 PM
The only one I can find says "Flat Out Sideways - The Only Way To Live" or something similar!

:D

SAVA9E
22-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Its not you Miller, PM sent

miller
22-02-2010, 11:51 PM
ahh i see that one now Mr Mann

For some unearthly reason i susopected a pic of a car on track was the culprit!

Rant mode [off]

miller
22-02-2010, 11:52 PM
oh and its not that one either Mr Mann! Keep looking!!!!!

Fandango
22-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Ha Ha, makes me sound like a hooligan eh?

Funny I dont even remember where it came from, but if you saw my driving style, or lack of it, you would probably decide that it does not refer to me.

:happy:

SAVA9E
22-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Not you Fandango

Fandango
22-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Cool, so are you interested in a car owned by a 48 year old (next week) grandad?

elnevio
23-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I got back to October, and got bored.

miller
23-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I got back to October, and got bored.

Have you checked cars for sale in Wales!

ANTHONY
23-02-2010, 12:01 AM
so do tell

Nutter_John
23-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Ah a certain user with a link to the mines

Fandango
23-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Doh, cant find it.

:bigcry:

SAVA9E
23-02-2010, 12:12 AM
keep looking

Nutter_John
23-02-2010, 12:14 AM
was I warm Sava9e

elnevio
23-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I can't find Kyle's more recent FS thread - the only one I saw was from 2008. Has it gone missing?

miller
23-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Believed to be the only pre-facelift white LEGNUM VR-4 TIPTRONIC in the UK with yellow lights, black roof, Black BBS alloys, Beige leather interior, with black carpets and seatbelts, carputer, and on its third alternator in 13months AND has holes in the floor due to rust and my screwdriver... unless you know otherwise

SAVA9E
23-02-2010, 12:16 AM
thats the one :D

Nutter_John
23-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Bingo , well done :)

WildCards
23-02-2010, 12:18 AM
He really was a prize bellend wasn't he?

You've done yourself a favour Savage, it was a problematic car anyway.

ANTHONY
23-02-2010, 12:24 AM
it was a problematic car anyway.it was a problematic owner anyway

SAVA9E
23-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Glad i spotted it now

elnevio
23-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes, sussed that - but where is his more recent advert?

SAVA9E
23-02-2010, 12:29 AM
he PM'ed me with a link

SAVA9E
23-02-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1515380.htm

elnevio
23-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh yes, Pistonheads advert - I remember.

The treatment of the RalliArt backbox has caused consternation.

AlanDITD
23-02-2010, 01:29 AM
prize cock......

bradc
23-02-2010, 05:40 AM
You did well not to buy his car anyway.

Beastlee
23-02-2010, 10:19 AM
He's had that 3 years? I'm coming up on 3 years since I bought my first VR4 in March and he bought Don's car after that I'm sure.

elnevio
23-02-2010, 12:16 PM
More like nearly two years.

Atik
23-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I think its a little unfair to bash him like this. His car may not have been the best but its ALL documented on the forums. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

It also doesnt warrant any attacks on the guy personally. All he is trying to do is sell his car.

Humpty's Revenge
23-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Why`s it hiding??/Hmmm

ritch_w
23-02-2010, 01:35 PM
does pits still post on here?

Atik
23-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Nope.

Nutter_John
23-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Kyle still uses the website but no longer posts ( he was last on at 12:30 today )

Turbo_Steve
23-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't bash him for selling his car.
I'd bash him for being an ungrateful, ignorant rude and short-sighted owner, whose approach to Forum etiquette was that any kind of clever or helpful response was met with a diatribe of ungrateful abuse.

He had a totally unmethodical approach to resolving any issue, and a genuine "can't do" attitude. The only person I've ever met who'd ask for help with a problem, and respond with "You're stupid, you must be wrong, I am cleverererer than you".

That's what I'd bash him for. He isn't missed.

AlanDITD
23-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't bash him for selling his car.
I'd bash him for being an ungrateful, ignorant rude and short-sighted owner, whose approach to Forum etiquette was that any kind of clever or helpful response was met with a diatribe of ungrateful abuse.

He had a totally unmethodical approach to resolving any issue, and a genuine "can't do" attitude. The only person I've ever met who'd ask for help with a problem, and respond with "You're stupid, you must be wrong, I am cleverererer than you".

That's what I'd bash him for. He isn't missed.

refer to my earlier post...

HJM
23-02-2010, 02:13 PM
So I take it Turbo_Steve had the hots for him :)

WildCards
23-02-2010, 02:23 PM
refer to my earlier post...

Indeed, mine too, and i'll reiterate for those at the back. He's a bellend of enormous & colossally vast proportions.

/hammer

bradc
23-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Stop holding back Steve, tell it how it is!

ANTHONY
23-02-2010, 11:04 PM
It also doesnt warrant any attacks on the guy personally. All he is trying to do is sell his car. yep i agree

pwake
23-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Lol !!! Just been reading this thread spark plugs (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36283) what a complete and utter prat !!
I dont like to knock the guy as I've had nothing to do with him, but someone who ask's for advice and the constantly ignores it deserves all he gets. Saying that, reading through his posts did have me laughing, just wish some of the comments from Miller and Nick Mann hadnt been deleted!

Paul

pitslayer
06-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Yes, I still browse on the odd occasion.
Just to put some things straight, regardless of how someone wishes to see it as perhaps covering ones arse, but I have decided to put this post up as it's been bugging me for a while :)

Problematic car
The following problems were with the car
Misfire-This was due to 3 spark plugs not being done up, these were done by someone on here
Wheel bearing- This was done 2 years ago I think
Alternator went, this was repaired and done, but failed, so was replaced with a new unit.
Misfire- This was due to a spark plug falling apart
Misfire- This was due to the Halfords monkey selling me the wrong plugs, I said Mitsubishi VR4 he heard Mercedes 190E, this was fixed and serviced at the time (last year) with 6 new plugs, a good service, bore scope and a good engine check over, along with 3 new magnecor leads and 2 coil packs.
The car was then serviced again in September after covering 3700 miles since the last service, including brake fluid, full check up underneath including the tiny bit of welding work done, by a metal worker and undersealed, all arches and the rest of the metal work underneath etc checked and in pretty good condition, no leaks found on any of the running gear.

Also probably going in this week to put a new MOT on it if I get the time

In the past 3 years of ownership, the car has been looked after, now no one on here can actually judge this as they haven't seen the car running, or looked over it for 3.5 years in close detail I would say, or around running at speed around 2 years when it was the slowly driven around Castle Combe, you can check this as I had the p*ss taken for a while about being so slow.

Perhaps, yes I had been a little hot headed (read alot) with some of my posts, but after 4 years? Of having the p*ss taken out of me for what ever reason, I started to lose faith in the club, quite frankly, started to wear a bit thin, became unfunny and in the end just irritating, a few things over the years had annoyed me, to mass to this, perhaps little things, but they add up.

Turbo gag, yeah funny for a while 3 years later with new members pitching in, yet not really know about it, only so much one person can take off that, once in a while funny, not every other week for 3 years or so.

Fuel pump relay, this one has got old, not asking for a comment on it, but I had, had it checked several times, each time returning roughly the same voltage around 12 IIRC, it hasn't been checked since last year, I fail to see why this kept getting mentioned, now I can understand that it was once a problem, and that it was fixed, and I am aware that this can be a common problem (yet to see/read of any others doing this to their cars) either way, I didn't want to hard wire 12v to my fuel pump, I don't like messing about with integral wiring systems especially ones which involve petrol.

Another point is the karma system, something that doesn't bother me, as it is just a splodge by your username, but what did annoy me slightly was the bad karma I received just for thanking someone publicly, but again only little splodges.

Getting stick for not being a paid up member, I decided not to renew my membership as from my point of view that £20 I could spend elsewhere and get something for my money, now dont get me wrong, £20 on here is fantastic for some of the deals, if you buy AMsoil or use the technical guides, but I bought AMsoil once, I could spend £60+ on an engine oil service or I could spend £12 on an engine oil service, a decent filter for £12 and I have a mate who can provide me with brand new 5-30 fully synth GM oil, which means I don't really have to spend £60+ every 4500 miles, I can spend £12 on an oil filter and do it every 3500-4000 miles or so and keep a constant clean oil, with little lifter noise that I found with the AMsoil.

The technical archives, again fantastic, if you use them, I think I used one which was the alternator guide, brilliant guide like alot of the ones on here, especially the comprehensive ones like Kierans, but the reality for me was I had spent I think around £60 and got to be fair very little back for that, but that is my own opinion on the matters and I would advise new members to at least do one years membership as if you use it, it pays for itself, and I am all for supporting a club.

A few other things that have annoyed me over the past few years, but I don't really want to go into them, as they will really add nothing of value.

The main thing that really did, I am thinking annoy, but that is not the word I want to use as it didn't really annoy me, I think what bugged me the most, whether some see this or not, yes a few members on here I have upset over this, but my attitude towards a problem, now don't get me wrong, people like NJ and Turbo Steve provided excellent knowledge towards these cars, but if my car had an issue, I would describe it as best as I could, and I would get some good answers, don't take this wrong way, but none were really correct, and after explaining that I thought the answer wasn't what was suggested, perhaps a bit brash in doing so and upsetting people, but what I think personally people failed to realise was that I myself was pointing out some correct answers, not really getting any follow up to them, just more suggestions of other things, whilst I am grateful believe it or not for the help, it seems to me that even in other threads of other peoples I have posted something helpful, have it ignored, then someone else posts near identical to what I had suggested and that person gets all the recognition for it.

On top of that, I also think a few things that have been said towards and about me haven't been that pleasant especially for no real reason, I did quite like that Skyline thread, which of course some of you saw fit to say that I had modded a 4 door Skyline with lots of crap, either way what's done is done etc etc.

As for the VR4, it's been fun, but I with work and a new premises I can't bring myself to drive the VR4 down the narrow country lanes, where it could get scratched, or in the current state of the road to work grounded out on the floor pan due to pot holes, I also need a works vehicle and the VR4 is just to nice to put the dog in and tools, on top of that I need a vehicle which is capable of going through deep water, hence the reason I have bought a Defender, I just can't justify using the Leggie anymore, putting miles on it, having to drive it down really bad roads etc.

I enjoyed CVR4 once, but slowly with all the p*ss taking etc I lost heart and of course with that you lose any will to care for it, shame as I did really enjoy it here.

Sorry a bit of a long winded post, I am sure you all have just loved reading/ignoring/stocking up on ammo to take the p*ss etc etc, I just wanted to post this to put some of the record straight as a recent change in my circumstances I have decided to buck the **** up if you pardon my French and now a bit more level headed, another reason for my absence, not wanting to use it as an excuse but I had a fairly sh*t 2009 a lot of family issues from my Grandad becoming ill and dying and the inquest that is now on going into the truly appalling issues that came to light after his death, to losing 3 more close family members in the year, especially one on the 23rd Dec, however I can accept that I have had some failings on here and upset a few people for that I can only apologise for, all of my own fault and my own poor attitude, which some of the things going on with my personal life and CVR4 postings only made worse.

Make of this what you will, as for me I may still browse, the VR4 is for sale as some will have seen, I may keep it as a project, but really with my the Landy and wanting to get my Beachbuggy back on the road, I could do with selling it, I do miss the VR4 for the grin factor, I don't miss having to worry about taking it out and having someone open a door into it or bash it somehow, which is the nice thing about the landy, I can park it near enough anywhere and not have to worry about door dints etc.

I wish everyone the best for 2010 and the future.

Kyle

richy rich
06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
A very good post Kyle I don't agree 100% with what you have said but a very good reply none the less.

Ryan
06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I will say this:

I agree with some (not all) of the points the Kyle raised.

Personally speaking, Kyle has always been pleasant to me and I've got along well with him in the past. I cannot recall seeing a post where Kyle has been openly malicious to anyone.

I think he took a lot of unnecessary stick on occasions - often behind his back which I think overstepped the mark a little.

peter thomson
06-03-2010, 10:00 AM
^^As above and good luck in the future Kyle

elnevio
06-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Good of you to post that up, Kyle. Your best wishes are genuinely appreciated. /yes

Just one thing - haven't you only had the VR-4 for two years, i.e. since about Jan/Feb 2008?

miller
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Kyle,

Excellent post, to be honest you are one of a few who would take the stick good humourdley! Hence why it may have seemed that you got more than most.

Good luck in the future, and may i say a well written and very well explained thread, I for one apologise if i may have sent too much stick your way.

Mike

chris g
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Interesting post Kyle, making some points that many might consider but...

...it was so hard to read, each paragraph one long sentence with so many commas and no full stops...

Many people who may get the valid stuff will struggle to get through it and give up thus maintaining their view of the personae of Kyle...

As you say, sometimes your own worst enemy...

Hope 2010 goes better for you...

Beastlee
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Fait play to you Kyle for your response, glad to see you are getting things in order and I wish you the best for 2010 and beyond.

pitslayer
27-03-2010, 05:53 AM
I did mean to respond to this sooner, but I have been up to my eyes in it, working most weekends sometimes through the night to get jobs done, so starting to get a bit drained of time and energy work has taken over, which is both good and bad, bad because I have no free time any more, but good in a way as hopefully the contract that will step off the back of this could be massive, and who knows I may keep the VR4 and add some power to it, however I need to get some temp insurance on it and get a new mot as it runs out in April, and I don't wish to sell it with little or no MOT, so that shall be done.

I will see what the next few weeks bring, ideally I would like the VR4 gone so I can get a bike, and loads of stuff for my Landy, like bigger mud tyres, lift kit, massive intercooler, bigger brakes, I am not sure whether I am just used to the VR4 expensive to run mentality but £28 on a set of discs and pads for a car seems wrong compared to the £100-300 on a VR4, I know the VR4 needs stopping at speed, but the landy is alot of weight, and it doesn't stop very well.

Failing the above I may part ex the VR4 in for an MX5 or an MR2 or something RWD, I really don't want to put the VR4 on someones forecourt but whilst the Landy gets used every day, it would be nice to have something a bit more fun to drive, that I can sling around country roads, I mean chasing cars in the Landy is great fun but the acceleration is woeful.

Anyways
Take care.