PDA

View Full Version : selling my reg no

craig-1
23-07-2004, 07:08 PM
got a neighbour wanting my reg (his nickname is budgie)just wanting to know how to go about re-reg for my car and the cost involved(hes payin)

craig-1
23-07-2004, 07:09 PM
got a neighbour wanting my reg (his nickname is budgie)just wanting to know how to go about re-reg for my car and the cost involved(hes payin)

oh and how much is a fair price :D

Simon
28-07-2004, 10:37 PM
log onto the DVLA web site...you will need to request a form from them to transfer the reg no. off of your car. The DVLA will then issue you with another one, for the correct year. £89 is about the cost for the transfer, also check your V5 registration document...some numbers are not transferable.....

I would suggest £399 for your reg is top money....as its probably worth "nothing" to you but obviously something to your friend.

Big Ian
29-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Simon/Craig
you've just reminded me that i have the document's for the original number to my car!..(need to look it out) i'm sure it was R??? UCX,my car was reg'd in main land britain,then sold to an irish/eire person who re-reg'd it with an irish plate..and when i bought my car i had a choice on keeping the irish one or changing back to the original R-plate..MMMHHHH!..i could put it back and sell the irish one?
would this mean i'd be the first owner on the log book?..(even now i'm 1st in the book as it was changed to a british DVLA book when it came back on the main-land)