PDA

View Full Version : Engine loom question.

gr fto reborn
25-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Techi question for all those that know everythig about everything.

As some may be aware a i am putting a vr4 engine into my FTO. but i have a feeling i dont have all the bits i need that plug into the loom. I purchsed an engine with turbos, an engine loom and an ecu. but the issue is. are there any little bits from the engine bay that i would not of got that need to plug into the loom as i appear to have a few loose plugs. The loom came from a 1997 VR4. Just a few suggestons would be a help. thanks in advance.

psbarham
25-02-2010, 09:42 PM
from what i can remember the engine loom only plugs into the engine, gearbox & fuse box

scott.mohekey
25-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Yep, there's a separate loom for the lights etc. Not sure about the fans, but I THINK they're on the passenger side light loom.

Nick Mann
25-02-2010, 11:34 PM
from what i can remember the engine loom only plugs into the engine, gearbox & fuse box

And the ECU! :P /Nuuu /Banana :joker:

Any photos of your spare plugs?

gr fto reborn
25-02-2010, 11:36 PM
ok then thanks guys. somone on the FTOOC documented his loom build and is helping me out but thought i would pick your brains.

thank you.

Davezj
25-02-2010, 11:55 PM
is the TCL gubbins included in the engine loom.

jinglis
26-02-2010, 12:17 AM
hey greg

you might have some of the traction control stuff on your loom(labelled boost control and vent control soleniod on the vr4 ecu), also if your loom came from a tip car then it will have a few extra plugs down by the gearbox.

also the aircon, power steering and something else down there is on the vr4 engine loom and you need to use this rather than the fto loom which comes out by the bottom of the radiator that side. there is a wire on this part of the vr4 loom that you need to tie into the fuse box loom directly rather than via where the engine loom plugs into the fuse box. i think its yellow but wait till i send you all the bits of info i have to confirm this

i should be able to come help you in a couple of weeks as my cars going into eurospec for intercooler piping exhaust and a remap just need to get my intercooler end tanks finished and welded

psbarham
26-02-2010, 08:43 AM
And the ECU! :P /Nuuu /Banana :joker:

Any photos of your spare plugs?

mutter mutter, frickin smart ass gingers, shuckker fesser rassser /nag /nag :P